Re: [PanoToolsNG] Anti-aliasing rotated photos with PTGui frontend?

  • Joost Nieuwenhuijse
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 19, 2008
      Hi Dean,

      I assume you are talking of the actual borders of the warped images, not
      the contents of the images, right?

      Indeed PTGui doesn't antialias the alpha channel (and hence the edges of
      the image). The reason is a bit technical but it comes down to problems
      that would otherwise occur due to the negative coefficients in
      interpolators such as Lanczos.

      In normal panoramas the blender makes the edges invisible, but if you do
      those non blended 'photomontages' the image borders remain visible. The
      only solution I have would be to stitch at twice (or more) the desired
      output size, and then reduce the size in Photoshop afterwards. This will
      anti alias the edges.

      Joost