photoacute? combining multiple exposures into one raw file

  • Jeffrey Martin
    Message 1 of 46 , Dec 17, 2008
      did anyone use this?
      http://www.photoacute.com/

      this pano for example
      http://www.studioamanda.nl/360/pompenkelder1.html

      which i read about here
      http://www.panoguide.com/forums/galleries/5554/

      "5 exposures from 2sec to 60 sec, using Photoacute to make one combined RAW
      file"

      that seems very useful to me. any thoughts about it? :-)
      perhaps in the end it doesn't matter how you combine your exposures, whether
      into a raw file or a 16-bit tiff.....

      Jeffrey Martin
      tel. +420 608 076 502 / skype jeffrey.s.martin

    • Sacha Griffin
      Message 46 of 46 , Dec 19, 2008
        It's hard to say based on your uploaded result and the visible stitching
        errors.

        How you rotated your camera, would determine if its parallax. There are many
        methods of creating perfect stitches without a professional 360 head.

        But mostly likely, it IS parallax. This interior will hide a massive amount
        of stitching errors due to its featureless walls. You can "Fix" this
        particular one, by outputting layers and masking out the offending overlaps.

        Realistically, its suicide not to shoot 360s without a 360 head, since it
        will cost you more time/money in correcting errors and stitching than a
        budget head costs. Apprx $75.

        Sacha Griffin

        Southern Digital Solutions LLC

        http://www.southern-digital.com