3 gigapixel graveyard pano

  • Jeffrey Martin
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 8, 2008
      It's a work in progress.... Still a couple holes, and I didn't fix the
      size yet in the player. but you get the idea ;)

      www.vrlog.net/temp/gigapixel/olsanska/hdview

      pc only, i say in tears, from this mac ;) sorry mac people. but it's
      worth a trip to the nearest PC, promise ;-)
      the "autoexposure" makes the image come alive. without it, I'll have
      to use enfuse before stitching a new version.

      396 shots at 140mm with canon 5d / 70-200 2.8 L

      you'll notice some damn kids got in the way, down very low. I chased
      them away with an iron jesus brandished from the nearest tombstone.
      (just kidding)

      Jeffrey Martin
      tel. +420 608 076 502 / skype jeffrey.s.martin
    • jann_lipka
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 8, 2008
        Did you stitch in PTgui ?
      • John Riley
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 8, 2008
          Could you give us some technical details (camera, lens, panohead,
          software, etc.)? Also, what is the "autoexposure" - is it something
          that is happening live in the viewer? An interesting choice of
          subjects for a gigapixel; were you hoping to run into less lively
          people there to get in the way?

          BTW- I actually was able to get HD View to install under Parallels
          this tiime! Before, I would always get some sort of ActiveX error.

          John

          John Riley
          johnriley@...
          jriley@...

          On Dec 8, 2008, at 1:41 PM, Jeffrey Martin wrote:

          > It's a work in progress.... Still a couple holes, and I didn't fix the
          > size yet in the player. but you get the idea ;)
          >
          > www.vrlog.net/temp/gigapixel/olsanska/hdview
          >
          > pc only, i say in tears, from this mac ;) sorry mac people. but it's
          > worth a trip to the nearest PC, promise ;-)
          > the "autoexposure" makes the image come alive. without it, I'll have
          > to use enfuse before stitching a new version.
          >
          > 396 shots at 140mm with canon 5d / 70-200 2.8 L
          >
          > you'll notice some damn kids got in the way, down very low. I chased
          > them away with an iron jesus brandished from the nearest tombstone.
          > (just kidding)
          >
          > Jeffrey Martin
          > www.360cities.net - The World in Virtual Reality
          > tel. +420 608 076 502 / skype jeffrey.s.martin

        • AYRTON
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 8, 2008
            On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 11:45 PM, John Riley <johnriley@...> wrote:

            > Could you give us some technical details (camera, lens, panohead,
            > software, etc.)? Also, what is the "autoexposure" - is it something
            > that is happening live in the viewer? An interesting choice of
            > subjects for a gigapixel; were you hoping to run into less lively
            > people there to get in the way?
            >
            > BTW- I actually was able to get HD View to install under Parallels
            > this tiime!

            John
            please what version of Parallels are you using ?

            Thanks
            AYRTON

            > Before, I would always get some sort of ActiveX error.
            >

            > John
            >
            > John Riley
            > johnriley@...
            > jriley@...
            >

            > On Dec 8, 2008, at 1:41 PM, Jeffrey Martin wrote:
            >
            > > It's a work in progress.... Still a couple holes, and I didn't fix the
            > > size yet in the player. but you get the idea ;)
            > >
            > > www.vrlog.net/temp/gigapixel/olsanska/hdview
            > >
            > > pc only, i say in tears, from this mac ;) sorry mac people. but it's
            > > worth a trip to the nearest PC, promise ;-)
            > > the "autoexposure" makes the image come alive. without it, I'll have
            > > to use enfuse before stitching a new version.
            > >
            > > 396 shots at 140mm with canon 5d / 70-200 2.8 L
            > >
            > > you'll notice some damn kids got in the way, down very low. I chased
            > > them away with an iron jesus brandished from the nearest tombstone.
            > > (just kidding)
            > >
            > > Jeffrey Martin
            > > www.360cities.net - The World in Virtual Reality
            > > tel. +420 608 076 502 / skype jeffrey.s.martin

            ------------
            | A Y R |
            | T O N |
            ------------

            + 55 21 9982 6313

            http://ayrton360.com
            http://rio.360cities.net
            http://vrfolio.com
            http://ayrton.com

          • John Riley
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 9, 2008
              On Dec 8, 2008, at 8:51 PM, AYRTON wrote:

              > John
              > please what version of Parallels are you using ?
              >
              > Thanks
              > AYRTON

              Parallels Desktop 3.0 Build 5608 (June 9, 2008) with Parallel Tools
              installed. There is an update available (Build 5626) that I haven't
              installed yet. I think the difference was that something in HD View
              changed instead of in Parallels, but not sure.

              Hope it works for you.

              John

              John Riley
              johnriley@...
              jriley@...

            • Juergen Schrader
              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 9, 2008
                >>> pc only, i say in tears, from this mac ;)

                one more good reason to make yourself familiar with krpano :)

                cheers
                juergen

                --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Jeffrey Martin" <360cities@...>

                Message 7 of 8 , Dec 10, 2008
                  >>> pc only, i say in tears, from this mac ;)

                  >>one more good reason to make yourself familiar with krpano :)

                  sure, i'll add a krpano version soon. HOWEVER! the hdview version has
                  this "autoexposure" mode which is quickly moving from a "neat gimmick"
                  to an "absolutely important feature" for a big image such as this.
                  otherwise, you have to do fancy tonemapping or exposure blending, and
                  perhaps even provide different versions for each pyramid level showing
                  a different exposure. i guess krpano (or any other flash player) won't
                  be able to do this auto exposure thing that hdview does. what a shame.
                  it is really nice.

                  i've been enfusing the 396 source images, and stitching a new version
                  that will look ok in plain jpeg / flash. should be online in a couple
                  days.

                  Jeffrey Martin
                  tel. +420 608 076 502 / skype jeffrey.s.martin
                • Joergen Geerds
                  Message 8 of 8 , Dec 10, 2008
                    hi jeffrey,

                    i would also give krpano a try, or at least try the silverlight version of hdview... i tried to look at your pano in parallels (XPsp3) and was so deeply disappointed by the hdviewer experience (not your panorama) that I gave up... the hdview player is basically totally unresponsive on my machine.

                    from the few bits i saw, you have quite a bit of stitching problems in there, no surprise for such a complex/large panorama, i know those are a lot of work...

                    let us know if you plan to repost it on another player platform, I would love to look at it again.

                    joergen
                    luminous-newyork.com