Re: About conversion from equirectangular to cubic faces (rectiliniar)

  • dorindxn
    Message 1 of 17 , Dec 7, 2008
      Hi Jim thanks for reply, yes you're absolutelly right. Maybe even
      shoots pointed to the corners of the cube, however that was given as
      an example, what I intend to use conevrsion formulas to adjust the
      cubic faces at the edge to make the seam less visible/distracting,
      but with the cubic faces generated direct from PTgui/Hugin of course
      after careful optimise/align with correct lens parametter, so on,
      using a precise pano head, in order to jump over one interpolation,
      as I said.

      Dorin

      > There is always some error when aligning images to create a
      panorama. By
      > blending these images together the errors are hidden. The methods
      we
      > have to of blending two images together will put those seams at
      > different places if the two images are cropped in different ways
      even if
      > the overlap does not change. If the blending tool is not told that
      the
      > seams at the left and right of a equirectangular should blend when
      the
      > panorama is displayed in a viewer that seam will be visible and
      distracting.

      > If you just crop out the 90x90 image from the 6 input images to
      form the
      > cube there will be very visible seams at every edge. There are 12
      > edges. If you crop the images to leave a little overlap (95X95)
      and let
      > the viewer do the blending then you are removing overlap that might
      > prevent partial ghost from showing up. But you are still running
      the
      > images through the optimizer and extracting the image to be used.
      Your