Re: dxoinfo

  • Hans Nyberg
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 3, 2008
      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Jeffrey Martin" <360cities@...> wrote:

      > http://www.dxomark.com/index.php/eng/Insights/More-pixels-offsets-noise!/Real-
      life-comparisons

      > VERY interesting: the "REAL ISO" for different cameres.
      >
      > nikon overexposes, canon underexposes.... (ok, someone told me that once
      > already, but here is some proof....)

      That really depends on what model

      If you compare the 5D (old one) with the D3 it is the opposite.
      800 asa D3 real ISO is only 635. 5D real ISO is 757

      I doubt that this measurements can be used as a real proof for every single camera.

      My Canons are all different.
      I still have the 10D, 20D, and the 5D and exposure at same ASA are slightly different on
      all.

      Hans
    • Hans Nyberg
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 3, 2008

        > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Jeffrey Martin" <360cities@> wrote:
        > >
        > > http://www.dxomark.com/index.php/eng/Insights/More-pixels-offsets-
        noise!/Real-
        > life-comparisons
        > >
        > > VERY interesting: the "REAL ISO" for different cameres.
        > >
        > > nikon overexposes, canon underexposes.... (ok, someone told me that once
        > > already, but here is some proof....)
        >
        > That really depends on what model
        >
        > If you compare the 5D (old one) with the D3 it is the opposite.
        > 800 asa D3 real ISO is only 635. 5D real ISO is 757
        >
        > I doubt that this measurements can be used as a real proof for every single camera.
        >
        > My Canons are all different.
        > I still have the 10D, 20D, and the 5D and exposure at same ASA are slightly different on

        And if you look at the D300 it looks like it is the worst of all.
        It underexposes 1/2 F-stop according to these measurements.

        All older Nikons are just as accurate as the Canons which means from accurate to 20%
        underexposure.
        My old 10D seems to slightly overexpose which as far as I remember also is the case with
        mine.

        Hans
      • paul womack
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 3, 2008
          Hans Nyberg wrote:
          > And if you look at the D300 it looks like it is the worst of all.
          > It underexposes 1/2 F-stop according to these measurements.
          >
          > All older Nikons are just as accurate as the Canons which means from accurate to 20%
          > underexposure.
          > My old 10D seems to slightly overexpose which as far as I remember also is the case with
          > mine.

          As a trivial data point, my Canon A630 is permanently
          (except for very special cases) set to -1/3
          exposure compensation.

          Otherwise highlights are almost always blown.

          BugBear