Re: Cubic Conversion Plugin Update

  • Rune Spaans
    Message 1 of 25 , Dec 2, 2008
      It would be great if you could call the plugin 'superSpheric' from now
      on! Example: "The superSpheric plugin did a nice/bad job of unwrapping
      my pano."

      SuperRune is my company name, and it's really weird to read about
      people using my company to unwrap panos!

      Sorry to be picky :)

      Cheers,
      (Super)Rune

      > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Mahmood Hamidi" <mahmood_hamidi@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > Thanks Flemming,
      > > This is indeed kind of answer I was hoping to get.
      > > A comparison between the two plugins from someone who has used both.
      > > So the converted nadir/zenith is less distorted using S.Rune and
      > > therefore easier to patch compared with adjust.
      >
      > No not at all. You can extract perfectly straight rectilinear
      images with adjust like you do
      > with SuperRune.
    • ptgroup
      Message 2 of 25 , Dec 5, 2008
        Hello Rune
        I just tried Superspheric and found an severe error:
        - when I retransfer "supercubic reverse express" there are 2 rows of pixel
        missing.
        1 at the beginning (hm - say left side) and one on the end (say right side)
        of the pano.
        There is a red seam 180° long - from o - 180° HFOV, 2px wide just where the
        2 ends should fit together.

        Workflow:

        1 load image 7822 x 3911
        2 copy to a new layer
        3. run SuperCubic Express
        4. retouche the supbercubic generated layer 7822 x 3911
        5. run SuperCubix Reverse Express
        6. reduce layer - still 7822 x 3911
        7. save as tif

        Seam is generated.
        Tried the "No Express"- Version: same result .
        Size never differs - looks like a selection with a 2-3px feather is done to
        the whole image, then devided and reconstructed.
        You get a seam then too.

        Do I use a idiotic workflow ???
        Does anyone have the same experience ??

        Machine:
        AMD X26400, 3072 MB RAM, 500 GB HD (350 free), Windows XP SP2, PS CS2
        Background Progs: AVG AntiVir, PCTools Firewall, Outlook, Copernic, MSN,
        Active Sync
        Free RAM
        PS running and image loaded: 1,389 MB
        PS closed : 2,097 MB

        Someone an idea ???

        Thanks for every input

        ciao
        mike
        www.360de.de

        Mit freundlichen Grüssen
        HMS
        mailto: hmsmail@...
        Web: http://www.compulanz.de
        ----------------------------
        360° VR Fotografie:
        http://www.360de.de

        It would be great if you could call the plugin 'superSpheric' from now
        on! Example: "The superSpheric plugin did a nice/bad job of unwrapping
        my pano."

        SuperRune is my company name, and it's really weird to read about
        people using my company to unwrap panos!

        Sorry to be picky :)

        Cheers,
        (Super)Rune

        > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Mahmood Hamidi" <mahmood_hamidi@>
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > Thanks Flemming,
        > > This is indeed kind of answer I was hoping to get.
        > > A comparison between the two plugins from someone who has used both.
        > > So the converted nadir/zenith is less distorted using S.Rune and
        > > therefore easier to patch compared with adjust.
        >
        > No not at all. You can extract perfectly straight rectilinear
        images with adjust like you do
        > with SuperRune.

      • Rune Spaans
        Message 3 of 25 , Dec 6, 2008
          Hi,

          Thanks a lot for reporting this. As you know, I also got your email.
          I'm not seeing this on my machine, but I'll send you some versions of
          the plugin to test. Together we should be able to solve this :)

          Thanks,
          Rune

          > Hello Rune
          > I just tried Superspheric and found an severe error:
          > - when I retransfer "supercubic reverse express" there are 2 rows of
          pixel
          > missing.
          > 1 at the beginning (hm - say left side) and one on the end (say
          right side)
          > of the pano.
          > There is a red seam 180° long - from o - 180° HFOV, 2px wide just
          where the
          > 2 ends should fit together.
          >
          > Workflow:
          >
          > 1 load image 7822 x 3911
          > 2 copy to a new layer
          > 3. run SuperCubic Express
          > 4. retouche the supbercubic generated layer 7822 x 3911
          > 5. run SuperCubix Reverse Express
          > 6. reduce layer - still 7822 x 3911
          > 7. save as tif
          >
          > Seam is generated.
          > Tried the "No Express"- Version: same result .
          > Size never differs - looks like a selection with a 2-3px feather is
          done to
          > the whole image, then devided and reconstructed.
          > You get a seam then too.
          >

          > Do I use a idiotic workflow ???
          > Does anyone have the same experience ??
          >
          > Machine:
          > AMD X26400, 3072 MB RAM, 500 GB HD (350 free), Windows XP SP2, PS CS2
          > Background Progs: AVG AntiVir, PCTools Firewall, Outlook, Copernic, MSN,
          > Active Sync
          > Free RAM
          > PS running and image loaded: 1,389 MB
          > PS closed : 2,097 MB
          >
          > Someone an idea ???
          >
          > Thanks for every input
          >
          > ciao
          > mike
          > www.360de.de

        • Rune Spaans
          Message 4 of 25 , Dec 8, 2008
            Hi again!

            I have uploaded a new version of the superSpheric plugin:
            http://www.superrune.com/technical/supercubic_v1_1_3.zip

            This version takes care of a small bug that resulted in the first
            vertical line of the panorama not being converted. Thanks a lot to
            Mike at 360de.de for reporting the bug and helping me testing this new
            build.

            Cheers,
            Rune
          • Michael
            Message 5 of 25 , Dec 9, 2008
              Thank you Rune! Quick bug fix. I love the new version which allows for
              rendering bigger image dimensions than before.

              Yours,
              Michael

              --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Rune Spaans" <rune@...> wrote:

              > Hi again!
              >
              > I have uploaded a new version of the superSpheric plugin:
              > http://www.superrune.com/technical/supercubic_v1_1_3.zip
              >
              > This version takes care of a small bug that resulted in the first
              > vertical line of the panorama not being converted. Thanks a lot to
              > Mike at 360de.de for reporting the bug and helping me testing this new
              > build.
              >
              > Cheers,
              > Rune

            • Rune Spaans
              Message 6 of 25 , Feb 28, 2009
                I have finally found time to update the web page for my superCubic
                plugin (which I have mistakenly called superSpheric in here, Doh!).

                http://www.superrune.com/technical/software_supercubic.php

                Cheers,
                Rune

                --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Rune Spaans" <rune@...> wrote:

                > Hi,
                >
                > I have updated my Cupic-to-Spheric-to-Cubic conversion plugin (which
                > some of you mistakenly call the 'superrune' plugin). This is only a
                > minor update, which means there is no Mac version and no float support
                > yet. Sorry about that, I am working on both issues. At least it's
                > still free, unless you decide to donate me a couple of dollars
                > (recommended for further development).
                >
                > Here are the things that are changed:
                >
                > - Memory consumption should be improved. I have been able to convert
                > panos up to 40.000 pixels wide on my machine.
                >
                > - The plugin is renamed to 'superSpheric', and appears under the
                > 'SuperRune Filters' folder inside of Photoshop.
                >
                > I haven't put the plugin on my site yet, but you can download it here
                > for now: http://www.superrune.com/technical/supercubic_v1_1_2.zip
                >
                > Let me know if there are any issues with it!
                >
                > I have figures out a workaround to the float limitation, and will be
                > updating my website with a tutorial soon :)
                >
                > Thanks,
                > Rune

              • Philipp B. Koch
                Message 7 of 25 , Feb 28, 2009
                  Rune Spaans schrieb:
                  > I have finally found time to update the web page for my superCubic
                  > plugin (which I have mistakenly called superSpheric in here, Doh!).
                  >
                  > http://www.superrune.com/technical/software_supercubic.php
                  >
                  > Cheers,
                  > Rune
                  Much appreciated, thanks Rune! It's a pity that it doesn't work on
                  64-bit Photoshop, but I guess that's a FilterMeister restriction?

                  Best regards, Philipp
                • Rune Spaans
                  Message 8 of 25 , Feb 28, 2009
                    --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Philipp B. Koch" <pk@...> wrote:

                    > Rune Spaans schrieb:
                    > > I have finally found time to update the web page for my superCubic
                    > > plugin (which I have mistakenly called superSpheric in here, Doh!).
                    > >
                    > > http://www.superrune.com/technical/software_supercubic.php
                    > >
                    > > Cheers,
                    > > Rune
                    > Much appreciated, thanks Rune! It's a pity that it doesn't work on
                    > 64-bit Photoshop, but I guess that's a FilterMeister restriction?
                    >
                    > Best regards, Philipp

                    Yes, the lack of 16bit, float/hdri and OSX support is a FilterMeister
                    restriction. I want to learn the Adobe SDK so that I can fix all of
                    those issues. At the rate I do my spare time projects, I am afraid
                    that might take a couple of years...