Re: [PanoToolsNG] PTS files x 20

  • Joost Nieuwenhuijse
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 1, 2008
      Hi Karol,

      Alternatively you might try the new PTGui Pro 8.1 beta, released
      yesterday: http://www.ptgui.com/beta.html

      There's a new Batch Builder, which generates project files for you based
      on a template.

      Joost

    • crane@ukonline.co.uk
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 2, 2008
        Quoting Erik Krause <erik.krause@...>:

        > However, windows shell doesn't
        > offer much useful commands. But you can use sed (stream editor, known
        > from unix) to use automatic regular expression replacement:
        > http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/sed.htm

        I looked at unix services for windows apparently now called the Subsystem for
        UNIX-based applications (SUA),
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Windows_Services_for_UNIX
        but it only works on the "pro" versions of windows it seems.
        mick

      • Roger Howard
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 2, 2008
          I particularly dislike scripting on Windows out of the box, so one of my
          first stops when setting up a new Windows machine is to download/install
          cygwin - it gives me a Unix-like shell environment (in my case, bash) with
          all the common GNU utilities I am used to on OSX and Linux.

          I haven't been following this thread, but noticed a mention of Microsoft's
          Unix services - cygwin is an excellent alternative.

          PTS files are easy to parse, but first you need to pick your
          tools/language... that's something personal, as much a matter of style as
          anything. Any basic scripting language can handle parsing text files;
          there are some that are more powerful, or more arcane. There are also many
          additional tools like sed which some prefer as well.

          To my current tastes, I find python quick and easy for this kind of work -
          has all the requisite string processing functions you'd need, in a simple
          and straightforward language that runs everywhere. But as with anything
          mentioned here, you'll need some background in programming/scripting, or a
          willingness to learn. As a power user, learning a common scripting
          language will be one of the best investments in skills you'll ever make.

          -R