Re: Canon EF 14mm rectangular fisheye

  • Hans Nyberg
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 14, 2006
      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "larry" <larry@...> wrote:

      > Is there anyone on this list that uses a Canon 14mm rectangular fisheye? I
      > currently use a Sigma 8mm on a 1Ds and am wanting to go to a lens that has
      > better quality than the (old) Sigma 8mm and let me still shot 4 shots as I
      > now do with the Sigma. From the talk about the Nikon 10.5 on this list it
      > sounds like it would be a good choice. I'm wondering how the Canon 14mm
      > compares to the Nikon 10.5.

      There is no 14mm Canon fisheye.
      It is a 15mm 2.8

      I use it with the 5D and know there are many others who use it.
      Quality is the same as the 10.5mm on a D2X or a D200.
      I also use the 10.5 on a 20D which gives you about the same quality.

      The 15mm gives you slightly more in FOV than the 1.5mm on a Nikon DSLR.
      I use it at 6 around at -10 or more + usually 1 topshot.

      Here are some panoramas made with it.
      http://www.panoramas.dk/dk/moens-klint/

      Hans
      www.panoramas.dk