Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Turkish barber panorama

  • panokaemena@mac.com
    Message 1 of 21 , Dec 1, 2008
      right click on the panorama will tell you... FPP

      Willy Kaemena

      http://360cities.net/profile/willy-kaemena
      http://360cities.net/area/bremen-germany
      http://360cities.net/area/rio-de-janeiro-brazil-2
      http://360cities.net/area/lisbon-portugal

      On Dec 1, 2008, at 14:17, huckrorick wrote:

      > Can you tell me what viewer you used on this
      > http://www.panoramaphotographer.com/turkey/ ?
      >
      > thanks,
      >
      > Huck
      >
      > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Keith Martin <keith@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > >you still have one stray instance of the shirtless
      > > >boy!
      > >
      > > Hah! You're right.
      > > Dagnabbit...
      > >

      > > >Anyone else gone to a
      > > >barber shop / massage parlor in an interesting country?
      > >
      > > I have an older pano of my local barber shop at
      > > http://www.panoramapostcards.co.uk/vr/johnny_barber/ (resizes
      > browser
      > > window), but I can't imagine taking photos in a massage parlor
      > would,
      > > er, go down too well with the owner...
      > >

      > > >Oh, and Peter: what the heck did they do in your ear?
      > >
      > > Don't know if Peter had the same experience, but on my first visit
      > > the Sugar Barber the guy used a bit of wire with cotton wool at the
      > > end, dipped in methylated spirits and set alight. He waved it
      > around,
      > > bouncing it off my ears, I guess to singe off stray hairs. Weird...

      Willy Kaemena
      (0049) 0177 327 2935
      http://360cities.net/profile/willy-kaemena
      http://360cities.net/area/bremen-germany
      http://360cities.net/area/rio-de-janeiro-brazil-2
      http://360cities.net/area/lisbon-portugal

    • Keith Martin
      Message 2 of 21 , Dec 1, 2008
        Sometime around 1/12/08 (at 06:49 -0600) Caroling Geary said:

        >This is getting to be like a game: "Find the bad boy".

        Isn't it just? I'm feeling thoroughly shamed! I'd put him back in
        everywhere as you suggest, but he was in quite a few shots. It would
        start to look like the fun everyone has when they first make panos
        and want to duplicate people all over the place. :-)

        I think I'll just fix that and quietly move on...

      • Keith Martin
        Message 3 of 21 , Dec 1, 2008
          Sometime around 1/12/08 (at 13:17 +0000) huckrorick said:

          >Can you tell me what viewer you used on this
          >http://www.panoramaphotographer.com/turkey/ ?

          Hi Huck,

          That's Flash Panorama Player. If you right-click/control-click the
          pano the first item in the popup menu should be "About Flash Panorama
          Player"; choosing that takes you to the FPP home page.

          This is just one of the current available Flash players of course...
          I also use Pano2VR to make Flash pano files sometimes.
          And when I can figure out how to get started with KRPano I'm going to
          try that as well. (Tips that don't involve ActionScript are most
          welcome..!)

          Message 4 of 21 , Dec 1, 2008
            Keith Martin wrote:
            > And when I can figure out how to get started with KRPano I'm going to
            > try that as well. (Tips that don't involve ActionScript are most
            > welcome..!)

            You might require some XML, but there is even an integrated editor, that
            lets you specify all necessary variables interactively: Choose either
            panorama you want from krpano.com (f.e.
            http://www.krpano.com/krpano.html?pano=panos/kirche/kirche.xml ). If you
            click the [editor] link you can edit XML, hotspots and lensflare, if you
            click the small triangle in the upper right corner, you can
            interactively adjust viewing parameters.

            To get started read http://www.krpano.com/docu/usage/

          • Keith Martin
            Message 5 of 21 , Dec 1, 2008
              Sometime around 1/12/08 (at 21:26 +0100) Erik Krause said:

              >You might require some XML, but there is even an integrated editor

              Hot dog. :-)
              Thanks Erik, that's far, far more encouraging than the last
              KR-related response I got to a query.

            • ptgroup
              Message 6 of 21 , Dec 1, 2008
                Keith,
                as many in the group I also have a "Turkish Barbershop"
                Not that good- skills where not that educated during that times and
                the resolution is low for the internet though.

                But just for fun:
                http://tinyurl.com/645tcf

                Some more Turkish Craftsmen:
                http://tinyurl.com/62fqrr

                Hope you enjoy it :)
                ----------------------------
                360┬░ VR Fotografie
                http://www.360de.de

                -----Urspr├╝ngliche Nachricht-----
                Message 7 of 21 , Dec 1, 2008
                  Sometime around 1/12/08 (at 22:57 +0100) ptgroup said:

                  >Hope you enjoy it :)

                  Very much, thanks! Another fascinating barber pano and more, and a
                  good job done with some tough detailed subjects too.

                  It is funny how a number of us have thought to capture barber shops
                  at once time or another. Does anyone else have any?

                  I sometimes get a haircut in a local barber when I'm travelling. I've
                  found it can be a great way to really get the feel for somewhere. One
                  place in Arizona told me so much local gossip that I felt I could
                  greet everyone I walked past when I came out! And another in some
                  obscure town in North Carolina seemed to be owned and run by
                  semi-reformed Hells Angels - who were incredibly welcoming, BTW. I
                  wish I'd been taking panos back then.