Re: Turkish barber panorama

  • huckrorick
    Message 1 of 21 , Dec 1, 2008
      Can you tell me what viewer you used on this
      http://www.panoramaphotographer.com/turkey/ ?

      thanks,

      Huck

    • panokaemena@mac.com
      Message 2 of 21 , Dec 1, 2008
        right click on the panorama will tell you... FPP

        Willy Kaemena

        http://360cities.net/profile/willy-kaemena
        http://360cities.net/area/bremen-germany
        http://360cities.net/area/rio-de-janeiro-brazil-2
        http://360cities.net/area/lisbon-portugal

        On Dec 1, 2008, at 14:17, huckrorick wrote:

        > Can you tell me what viewer you used on this
        > http://www.panoramaphotographer.com/turkey/ ?
        >
        > thanks,
        >
        > Huck
        >
        > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Keith Martin <keith@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > >you still have one stray instance of the shirtless
        > > >boy!
        > >
        > > Hah! You're right.
        > > Dagnabbit...
        > >

        > > >Anyone else gone to a
        > > >barber shop / massage parlor in an interesting country?
        > >
        > > I have an older pano of my local barber shop at
        > > http://www.panoramapostcards.co.uk/vr/johnny_barber/ (resizes
        > browser
        > > window), but I can't imagine taking photos in a massage parlor
        > would,
        > > er, go down too well with the owner...
        > >

        > > >Oh, and Peter: what the heck did they do in your ear?
        > >
        > > Don't know if Peter had the same experience, but on my first visit
        > > the Sugar Barber the guy used a bit of wire with cotton wool at the
        > > end, dipped in methylated spirits and set alight. He waved it
        > around,
        > > bouncing it off my ears, I guess to singe off stray hairs. Weird...

        Willy Kaemena
        (0049) 0177 327 2935
        http://360cities.net/profile/willy-kaemena
        http://360cities.net/area/bremen-germany
        http://360cities.net/area/rio-de-janeiro-brazil-2
        http://360cities.net/area/lisbon-portugal

      • Keith Martin
        Message 3 of 21 , Dec 1, 2008
          Sometime around 1/12/08 (at 06:49 -0600) Caroling Geary said:

          >This is getting to be like a game: "Find the bad boy".

          Isn't it just? I'm feeling thoroughly shamed! I'd put him back in
          everywhere as you suggest, but he was in quite a few shots. It would
          start to look like the fun everyone has when they first make panos
          and want to duplicate people all over the place. :-)

          I think I'll just fix that and quietly move on...

        • Keith Martin
          Message 4 of 21 , Dec 1, 2008
            Sometime around 1/12/08 (at 13:17 +0000) huckrorick said:

            >Can you tell me what viewer you used on this
            >http://www.panoramaphotographer.com/turkey/ ?

            Hi Huck,

            That's Flash Panorama Player. If you right-click/control-click the
            pano the first item in the popup menu should be "About Flash Panorama
            Player"; choosing that takes you to the FPP home page.

            This is just one of the current available Flash players of course...
            I also use Pano2VR to make Flash pano files sometimes.
            And when I can figure out how to get started with KRPano I'm going to
            try that as well. (Tips that don't involve ActionScript are most
            welcome..!)

            Message 5 of 21 , Dec 1, 2008
              Keith Martin wrote:
              > And when I can figure out how to get started with KRPano I'm going to
              > try that as well. (Tips that don't involve ActionScript are most
              > welcome..!)

              You might require some XML, but there is even an integrated editor, that
              lets you specify all necessary variables interactively: Choose either
              panorama you want from krpano.com (f.e.
              http://www.krpano.com/krpano.html?pano=panos/kirche/kirche.xml ). If you
              click the [editor] link you can edit XML, hotspots and lensflare, if you
              click the small triangle in the upper right corner, you can
              interactively adjust viewing parameters.

              To get started read http://www.krpano.com/docu/usage/

            • Keith Martin
              Message 6 of 21 , Dec 1, 2008
                Sometime around 1/12/08 (at 21:26 +0100) Erik Krause said:

                >You might require some XML, but there is even an integrated editor

                Hot dog. :-)
                Thanks Erik, that's far, far more encouraging than the last
                KR-related response I got to a query.

              • ptgroup
                Message 7 of 21 , Dec 1, 2008
                  Keith,
                  as many in the group I also have a "Turkish Barbershop"
                  Not that good- skills where not that educated during that times and
                  the resolution is low for the internet though.

                  But just for fun:
                  http://tinyurl.com/645tcf

                  Some more Turkish Craftsmen:
                  http://tinyurl.com/62fqrr

                  Hope you enjoy it :)
                  ----------------------------
                  360┬░ VR Fotografie
                  http://www.360de.de

                  -----Urspr├╝ngliche Nachricht-----
                  Message 8 of 21 , Dec 1, 2008
                    Sometime around 1/12/08 (at 22:57 +0100) ptgroup said:

                    >Hope you enjoy it :)

                    Very much, thanks! Another fascinating barber pano and more, and a
                    good job done with some tough detailed subjects too.

                    It is funny how a number of us have thought to capture barber shops
                    at once time or another. Does anyone else have any?

                    I sometimes get a haircut in a local barber when I'm travelling. I've
                    found it can be a great way to really get the feel for somewhere. One
                    place in Arizona told me so much local gossip that I felt I could
                    greet everyone I walked past when I came out! And another in some
                    obscure town in North Carolina seemed to be owned and run by
                    semi-reformed Hells Angels - who were incredibly welcoming, BTW. I
                    wish I'd been taking panos back then.