Re: Turkish barber panorama

  • Peter Braatz
    Message 1 of 21 , Dec 1, 2008

      > On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 2:21 AM, John Riley <johnriley@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Oh, and Peter: what the heck did they do in your ear?
      >
      > > NO !
      > Please Peter, do not answer that !!!
      > Not in a public list
      > :-)

      No - i won´t :-)
      (Anybody interested could translate the text written in german from my site...)

      Cheers - Peter
    • Keith Martin
      Message 2 of 21 , Dec 1, 2008
        >you still have one stray instance of the shirtless
        >boy!

        Hah! You're right.
        Dagnabbit...

        >Anyone else gone to a
        >barber shop / massage parlor in an interesting country?

        I have an older pano of my local barber shop at
        http://www.panoramapostcards.co.uk/vr/johnny_barber/ (resizes browser
        window), but I can't imagine taking photos in a massage parlor would,
        er, go down too well with the owner...

        >Oh, and Peter: what the heck did they do in your ear?

        Don't know if Peter had the same experience, but on my first visit to
        the Sugar Barber the guy used a bit of wire with cotton wool at the
        end, dipped in methylated spirits and set alight. He waved it around,
        bouncing it off my ears, I guess to singe off stray hairs. Weird...

      • Bruce Hemming
        Message 3 of 21 , Dec 1, 2008
          I've had the Turkish shave - but not the haircut - and the massage
          ( very good for hangovers) but that was in Marmaris -very similar set
          up though. As a contribution to barber shops here's one I did
          earlier <http://www.bhphoto.biz/TEST/barber.html>

          Not a working barbers but a set up in a memories museum - nicely in
          period though ( 50's) I remember going to one almost exactly like
          this when I was a child.

          Best

          Bruce

          Bruce Hemming
          Bruce Hemming Photography
          Tel: +44 (0)1580 200277
          Mobile: +44 (0)7974 918414
          e-Mail: bruce@...
          Skype: bhemmingphoto
          web :http://www.bhphoto.biz/

          This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may be legally
          privileged. If you are not the intended recipient please advise
          bruce@.... Dissemination, distribution, copying or other use
          is strictly prohibited. The reliability of this method of
          communication cannot be guaranteed. It can be intercepted, corrupted,
          delayed, may arrive incomplete, contain viruses or be affected by
          other interference. Bruce Hemming Photography has taken all
          reasonable steps to reduce risks against viruses but cannot accept
          liability for any damage sustained as a result of this transmission.

        • Caroling Geary
          Message 4 of 21 , Dec 1, 2008
            This is getting to be like a game: "Find the bad boy". Alternatively,
            how about putting the boy back in everywhere he moves to reflect the
            time dimension?

            On Dec 1, 2008, at 2:17 AM, Keith Martin wrote:

            >> you still have one stray instance of the shirtless
            >> boy!
            >
            > Hah! You're right.
            > Dagnabbit...

            Caroling Geary, www.wholeo.net
          • huckrorick
            Message 5 of 21 , Dec 1, 2008
              Can you tell me what viewer you used on this
              http://www.panoramaphotographer.com/turkey/ ?

              thanks,

              Huck

            • panokaemena@mac.com
              Message 6 of 21 , Dec 1, 2008
                right click on the panorama will tell you... FPP

                Willy Kaemena

                http://360cities.net/profile/willy-kaemena
                http://360cities.net/area/bremen-germany
                http://360cities.net/area/rio-de-janeiro-brazil-2
                http://360cities.net/area/lisbon-portugal

                On Dec 1, 2008, at 14:17, huckrorick wrote:

                > Can you tell me what viewer you used on this
                > http://www.panoramaphotographer.com/turkey/ ?
                >
                > thanks,
                >
                > Huck
                >
                > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Keith Martin <keith@...> wrote:
                > >
                > > >you still have one stray instance of the shirtless
                > > >boy!
                > >
                > > Hah! You're right.
                > > Dagnabbit...
                > >

                > > >Anyone else gone to a
                > > >barber shop / massage parlor in an interesting country?
                > >
                > > I have an older pano of my local barber shop at
                > > http://www.panoramapostcards.co.uk/vr/johnny_barber/ (resizes
                > browser
                > > window), but I can't imagine taking photos in a massage parlor
                > would,
                > > er, go down too well with the owner...
                > >

                > > >Oh, and Peter: what the heck did they do in your ear?
                > >
                > > Don't know if Peter had the same experience, but on my first visit
                > > the Sugar Barber the guy used a bit of wire with cotton wool at the
                > > end, dipped in methylated spirits and set alight. He waved it
                > around,
                > > bouncing it off my ears, I guess to singe off stray hairs. Weird...

                Willy Kaemena
                (0049) 0177 327 2935

                Message 7 of 21 , Dec 1, 2008
                  Sometime around 1/12/08 (at 06:49 -0600) Caroling Geary said:

                  >This is getting to be like a game: "Find the bad boy".

                  Isn't it just? I'm feeling thoroughly shamed! I'd put him back in
                  everywhere as you suggest, but he was in quite a few shots. It would
                  start to look like the fun everyone has when they first make panos
                  and want to duplicate people all over the place. :-)

                  I think I'll just fix that and quietly move on...

                • Keith Martin
                  Message 8 of 21 , Dec 1, 2008
                    Sometime around 1/12/08 (at 13:17 +0000) huckrorick said:

                    >Can you tell me what viewer you used on this
                    >http://www.panoramaphotographer.com/turkey/ ?

                    Hi Huck,

                    That's Flash Panorama Player. If you right-click/control-click the
                    pano the first item in the popup menu should be "About Flash Panorama
                    Player"; choosing that takes you to the FPP home page.

                    This is just one of the current available Flash players of course...
                    I also use Pano2VR to make Flash pano files sometimes.
                    And when I can figure out how to get started with KRPano I'm going to
                    try that as well. (Tips that don't involve ActionScript are most
                    welcome..!)

                    Message 9 of 21 , Dec 1, 2008
                      Keith Martin wrote:
                      > And when I can figure out how to get started with KRPano I'm going to
                      > try that as well. (Tips that don't involve ActionScript are most
                      > welcome..!)

                      You might require some XML, but there is even an integrated editor, that
                      lets you specify all necessary variables interactively: Choose either
                      panorama you want from krpano.com (f.e.
                      http://www.krpano.com/krpano.html?pano=panos/kirche/kirche.xml ). If you
                      click the [editor] link you can edit XML, hotspots and lensflare, if you
                      click the small triangle in the upper right corner, you can
                      interactively adjust viewing parameters.

                      To get started read http://www.krpano.com/docu/usage/

                    • Keith Martin
                      Message 10 of 21 , Dec 1, 2008
                        Sometime around 1/12/08 (at 21:26 +0100) Erik Krause said:

                        >You might require some XML, but there is even an integrated editor

                        Hot dog. :-)
                        Thanks Erik, that's far, far more encouraging than the last
                        KR-related response I got to a query.

                      • ptgroup
                        Message 11 of 21 , Dec 1, 2008
                          Keith,
                          as many in the group I also have a "Turkish Barbershop"
                          Not that good- skills where not that educated during that times and
                          the resolution is low for the internet though.

                          But just for fun:
                          http://tinyurl.com/645tcf

                          Some more Turkish Craftsmen:
                          http://tinyurl.com/62fqrr

                          Hope you enjoy it :)
                          ----------------------------
                          360° VR Fotografie
                          http://www.360de.de

                          Message 12 of 21 , Dec 1, 2008
                            Sometime around 1/12/08 (at 22:57 +0100) ptgroup said:

                            >Hope you enjoy it :)

                            Very much, thanks! Another fascinating barber pano and more, and a
                            good job done with some tough detailed subjects too.

                            It is funny how a number of us have thought to capture barber shops
                            at once time or another. Does anyone else have any?

                            I sometimes get a haircut in a local barber when I'm travelling. I've
                            found it can be a great way to really get the feel for somewhere. One
                            place in Arizona told me so much local gossip that I felt I could
                            greet everyone I walked past when I came out! And another in some
                            obscure town in North Carolina seemed to be owned and run by
                            semi-reformed Hells Angels - who were incredibly welcoming, BTW. I
                            wish I'd been taking panos back then.