Bracketeer & batch processing

  • Patrick Cheatham
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 30, 2008
      Hey there:

      Just curious if anyone using Bracketeer has any experience with batching _multiple folders_
      of images?

      Before I head down a dark road of Applescript + Automator and Folder Actions, thought I'd
      check...

      Thanks in advance!

      Patrick
    • Hans Nyberg
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 1, 2008
        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Patrick Cheatham" <patrick@...> wrote:

        > Hey there:
        >
        > Just curious if anyone using Bracketeer has any experience with batching _multiple
        folders_
        > of images?
        >
        > Before I head down a dark road of Applescript + Automator and Folder Actions, thought
        I'd
        > check...
        >
        > Thanks in advance!
        >
        > Patrick

        Surprisingly it does not support subfolders.

        Kevins Xfuse does but he removed the download as he said that it was no demand for it
        (after Bracketeer.)

        I suggest you mail Brian and ask him. He probably makes you a new version in 10
        minutes.

        Hans
      • Patrick Cheatham
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 1, 2008
          > > Just curious if anyone using Bracketeer has any experience with
          > batching _multiple
          > folders_ of images?
          > >
          > Before I head down a dark road of Applescript + Automator and
          > Folder Actions, thought
          > I'd check...
          > >
          > > Thanks in advance!

          Hi Hans:

          > Surprisingly it does not support subfolders.

          Yes, I noticed... :)

          > I suggest you mail Brian and ask him. He probably makes you a new
          > version in 10
          > minutes.

          I emailed Brian first, just to make sure I wasn't missing anything;
          When I got confirmation that I hadn't missed a hidden preference ;),
          I logged it as a feature request with him -- then checked in over on
          this list.

          So, still looking to come up with something, though I'm well nigh to
          done with the current crop of images I had hoped to be able to batch-
          bracketeer. :)

          Thanks!

          Patrick
        • aiwetir
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 2, 2008
            i just batched 19 panos most shot with 11 sets images for moving
            objects with bracketeer and it crashed a few times probably due to
            memory issues. only after i had done most of them did i change the
            memory cache setting. anyway why not just copy all the files into one
            directory and then sort them out after, don't move the files, but copy
            them. batch sort out then delete the copies. you could have been
            done by now ;)

            mmm
            http://pdxvr.com

            On 01 Dec 2008, at 17:58, Patrick Cheatham wrote:

            > > > Just curious if anyone using Bracketeer has any experience with
            > > batching _multiple
            > > folders_ of images?
            > > >
            > > Before I head down a dark road of Applescript + Automator and
            > > Folder Actions, thought
            > > I'd check...
            > > >
            > > > Thanks in advance!
            >
            > Hi Hans:
            >
            > > Surprisingly it does not support subfolders.
            >
            > Yes, I noticed... :)
            >
            > > I suggest you mail Brian and ask him. He probably makes you a new
            > > version in 10
            > > minutes.
            >
            > I emailed Brian first, just to make sure I wasn't missing anything;
            > When I got confirmation that I hadn't missed a hidden preference ;),
            > I logged it as a feature request with him -- then checked in over on
            > this list.
            >
            > So, still looking to come up with something, though I'm well nigh to
            > done with the current crop of images I had hoped to be able to batch-
            > bracketeer. :)
            >
            > Thanks!
            >
            > Patrick

          • Harry van der Wolf
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 17, 2008
              ImageFuser 0.5.1 now has the ability to batch fuse images from multiple folders.

              Recently the functionality to add a folder containing images was added
              to be able to batch align and enfuse a series of bracketed images.
              Today I added the possibility to add multiple folders to the batch.
              This will not recursively add sub folders. After having selected the
              first folder you can add additional folders, be it sub folders or
              folders located elsewhere. You can mix folders/image sets containing
              jpeg, 8bit tiff, 16bit tifs or 32bit tiffs, as long as one bracketed
              set contains the same format.

              You can download from
              <http://panorama.dyndns.org/index.php?lang=EN&subject=ImageFuser&texttag=ImageFuser>

              Harry