RE: [PanoToolsNG] Re: reworked vr, opinions please

  • Sacha Griffin
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 29, 2008
      I agree with the sky on the initial version, but I believe the quality on
      the tree bark is a more realistic conversion. There's certainly a lot more
      detail.

      It looks like a high pass was done. I'd mask in the sky from the initial
      version and bring down the sat two clicks.

      Sacha Griffin

      Southern Digital Solutions LLC

      http://www.southern-digital.com

      http://www.seeit360.net

      404-551-4275

      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 29, 2008
        I also think that depends on what kind of feeling you want to channel
        and like Ingemar, I prefer the fist one for the ethereal, magical mood.
        For me, it's almost like if I was going to see somekind of "mid summer
        night" creature getting out from behind of one of those trees.

        But it's true that the bark of the trees have a lot more detail now and
        I also like that.

        Eduardo

        * aiwetir wrote, On 29/11/2008 5:53 AM:

        > hi all,
        >
        > i've recently re-worked this vr using some photoshop techniques that
        > i'd forgotten about for some reason and i'd like some constructive
        > opinions please
        >
        > these are about 7.4 mb each, if you want something smaller, simply
        > remove the -hi at the end of the url.
        >
        > reworked version http://pdxvr.com/vr-61-257-hi
        > <http://pdxvr.com/vr-61-257-hi>
        >
        > initial version http://pdxvr.com/vr-61-199-hi
        > <http://pdxvr.com/vr-61-199-hi>
        >
        > thanks, mmm http://pdxvr.com <http://pdxvr.com>
      • Uri Cogan
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 29, 2008
          aiwetir wrote:

          > i've recently re-worked this vr using some photoshop techniques that
          > i'd forgotten about for some reason and i'd like some constructive
          > opinions please

          I happen to like the revised version - I like the warmth, and the easing
          of the bluish/grey cast. I felt the atmosphere of fogginess was still
          intact. It was amusing however to read the different interpretations of
          "realistic" - a concept that I have some difficulty with :-)

          Beautiful panorama!

        • aiwetir
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 29, 2008
            well that's inconclusive, about half and half ;)
            i suppose i could land somewhere in between or at least pull the sky
            back in the second one, i guess there's a third version coming now ;)

            mmm

            On 29 Nov 2008, at 09:13, Eduardo Hutter wrote:

            > I also think that depends on what kind of feeling you want to channel
            > and like Ingemar, I prefer the fist one for the ethereal, magical
            > mood.
            > For me, it's almost like if I was going to see somekind of "mid summer
            > night" creature getting out from behind of one of those trees.
            >
            > But it's true that the bark of the trees have a lot more detail now
            > and
            > I also like that.
            >
            > Eduardo
            >
            > * aiwetir wrote, On 29/11/2008 5:53 AM:
            > >
            > > hi all,
            > >
            > > i've recently re-worked this vr using some photoshop techniques that
            > > i'd forgotten about for some reason and i'd like some constructive
            > > opinions please
            > >
            > > these are about 7.4 mb each, if you want something smaller, simply
            > > remove the -hi at the end of the url.
            > >
            > > reworked version http://pdxvr. com/vr-61- 257-hi
            > > <http://pdxvr. com/vr-61- 257-hi>
            > >
            > > initial version http://pdxvr. com/vr-61- 199-hi
            > > <http://pdxvr. com/vr-61- 199-hi>
            > >
            > > thanks, mmm http://pdxvr. com <http://pdxvr. com>

          • Caroling Geary
            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 29, 2008

              I gravitate to the initial version. First for the greens. To me the
              reworked greens got dipped in solid bright green plastic, they all
              look the same like a crude postcard, losing the natural gradations
              with a few really bright greens. Second for the sky. The natural
              misted over light of day got artificially blasted out with spotlights
              overhead, burning through, hurting my eyes. If this were mine, I
              might experiment on the initial version with some selective
              sharpening of closeup details.

              > * aiwetir wrote, On 29/11/2008 5:53 AM:
              >>
              >> i've recently re-worked this vr using some photoshop techniques that
              >> i'd forgotten about for some reason and i'd like some constructive
              >> opinions please
              >>
              >> these are about 7.4 mb each, if you want something smaller, simply
              >> remove the -hi at the end of the url.
              >>
              >> reworked version http://pdxvr.com/vr-61-257-hi
              >> <http://pdxvr.com/vr-61-257-hi>
              >>
              >> initial version http://pdxvr.com/vr-61-199-hi
              >> <http://pdxvr.com/vr-61-199-hi>

              Caroling Geary, www.wholeo.net
            • Briar
              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 29, 2008
                On my screen, the re-worked just had more..magic

                Briar Bentley,

                Agender Northland.

                316 Springfield Road.

                R D 8 Whangarei

                09-432-2092

                0274-904-553

                briar_bentley@...

                I gravitate to the initial version. First for the greens. To me the
                reworked greens got dipped in solid bright green plastic, they all
                look the same like a crude postcard, losing the natural gradations
                with a few really bright greens. Second for the sky. The natural
                misted over light of day got artificially blasted out with spotlights
                overhead, burning through, hurting my eyes. If this were mine, I
                might experiment on the initial version with some selective
                sharpening of closeup details.

                > * aiwetir wrote, On 29/11/2008 5:53 AM:
                >>
                >> i've recently re-worked this vr using some photoshop techniques that
                >> i'd forgotten about for some reason and i'd like some constructive
                >> opinions please
                >>
                >> these are about 7.4 mb each, if you want something smaller, simply
                >> remove the -hi at the end of the url.
                >>
                >> reworked version http://pdxvr. <http://pdxvr.com/vr-61-257-hi>
                com/vr-61-257-hi
                >> <http://pdxvr. <http://pdxvr.com/vr-61-257-hi> com/vr-61-257-hi>
                >>
                >> initial version http://pdxvr. <http://pdxvr.com/vr-61-199-hi>
                com/vr-61-199-hi
                >> <http://pdxvr. <http://pdxvr.com/vr-61-199-hi> com/vr-61-199-hi>

                Caroling Geary, www.wholeo.net

                http://www.eset.com

              • Bernhard Vogl
                Message 7 of 10 , Nov 30, 2008
                  Or - in other words, the reworked one looks more like an ultra-high
                  quality computer generated scene. It's just "too good to be true" ;-)
                  Nice shot!

                  Bernhard