Cubic Conversion Plugin Update

  • Rune Spaans
    Message 1 of 25 , Nov 28, 2008
      Hi,

      I have updated my Cupic-to-Spheric-to-Cubic conversion plugin (which
      some of you mistakenly call the 'superrune' plugin). This is only a
      minor update, which means there is no Mac version and no float support
      yet. Sorry about that, I am working on both issues. At least it's
      still free, unless you decide to donate me a couple of dollars
      (recommended for further development).

      Here are the things that are changed:

      - Memory consumption should be improved. I have been able to convert
      panos up to 40.000 pixels wide on my machine.

      - The plugin is renamed to 'superSpheric', and appears under the
      'SuperRune Filters' folder inside of Photoshop.

      I haven't put the plugin on my site yet, but you can download it here
      for now: http://www.superrune.com/technical/supercubic_v1_1_2.zip

      Let me know if there are any issues with it!

      I have figures out a workaround to the float limitation, and will be
      updating my website with a tutorial soon :)

      Thanks,
      Rune
    • Ken Warner
      Message 2 of 25 , Nov 28, 2008
        Is there anyway to get these plugins to work with GIMP?

        I can't afford Photoshop...

        Rune Spaans wrote:
        > Hi,
        >
        > I have updated my Cupic-to-Spheric-to-Cubic conversion plugin (which
        > some of you mistakenly call the 'superrune' plugin). This is only a
        > minor update, which means there is no Mac version and no float support
        > yet. Sorry about that, I am working on both issues. At least it's
        > still free, unless you decide to donate me a couple of dollars
        > (recommended for further development).
        >
        > Here are the things that are changed:
        >
        > - Memory consumption should be improved. I have been able to convert
        > panos up to 40.000 pixels wide on my machine.
        >
        > - The plugin is renamed to 'superSpheric', and appears under the
        > 'SuperRune Filters' folder inside of Photoshop.
        >
        > I haven't put the plugin on my site yet, but you can download it here
        > for now: http://www.superrune.com/technical/supercubic_v1_1_2.zip
        >
        > Let me know if there are any issues with it!
        >
        > I have figures out a workaround to the float limitation, and will be
        > updating my website with a tutorial soon :)
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Rune

      • Seb Perez-D
        Message 3 of 25 , Nov 28, 2008
          On Fri, Nov 28, 2008 at 22:23, Ken Warner <kwarner000@...> wrote:
          > Is there anyway to get these plugins to work with GIMP?
          >
          > I can't afford Photoshop...

          There is a way of running photoshop plugins in Gimp, but I don't
          remember the name.

          Or you can use the following scripts in Mathmap (a Gimp plugin):

          http://theseblog.free.fr/2007/08/edit-nadir-and-zenith-of.php

          Cheers,

          Seb
          Message 4 of 25 , Nov 28, 2008
            Ken Warner wrote:
            > Is there anyway to get these plugins to work with GIMP?
            >
            > I can't afford Photoshop...

            There are several applications that can run photoshop plugins, even
            IrfanView and Paint Shop Pro can.

            However, not all plugins run. I didn't test the SuperSpheric plugin...

            And after a short google search I found this:
            http://www.dcresource.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-11818.html

          • Ken Warner
            Message 5 of 25 , Nov 28, 2008
              Hi Erik,

              Do you know if IrfanView reads and writes 16 bit TIFF ?

              I've been using XnView but it only writes 8 bit TIFF which
              kind of defeats the purpose of TIFF.

              Message 6 of 25 , Nov 29, 2008
                Ken Warner wrote:
                > Do you know if IrfanView reads and writes 16 bit TIFF ?

                It reads them but silently reduces to 8 bit for display. It does not
                write 16 bit.

              • Philipp B. Koch
                Message 7 of 25 , Nov 29, 2008
                  Rune Spaans schrieb:
                  > I have updated my Cupic-to-Spheric-to-Cubic conversion plugin (which
                  > some of you mistakenly call the 'superrune' plugin). (...)
                  Hi Rune,

                  that's great news! I'll test it with CS4 Extended and will let you know
                  if I find anything that does not seem to be supposed that way :-)
                  Thank you for your efforts and for sharing your results with us!

                  Philipp
                • Ken Warner
                  Message 8 of 25 , Nov 29, 2008
                    Yes, that's what I thought after looking through the available
                    docs for IrfanView. That's the same as XnView does. They probably
                    use the same libtif library.

                    Erik Krause wrote:
                    > Ken Warner wrote:
                    >
                    >>Do you know if IrfanView reads and writes 16 bit TIFF ?
                    >

                    > It reads them but silently reduces to 8 bit for display. It does not
                    > write 16 bit.

                  • Rune Spaans
                    Message 9 of 25 , Dec 1, 2008
                      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Philipp B. Koch" <pk@...> wrote:

                      > if I find anything that does not seem to be supposed that way :-)
                      > Thank you for your efforts and for sharing your results with us!

                      That is very kind of you - thanks!
                    • Mahmood Hamidi
                      Message 10 of 25 , Dec 1, 2008
                        Hi,

                        For someone who has always used Panotools plugin "PTAdjust",
                        what benefit would SuperRune plugins offer?
                        Better memory management, which would allow bigger images to be
                        remapped or maybe faster operation or more accurate???

                        Thanks,

                        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Rune Spaans" <rune@...> wrote:

                        > Hi,
                        >
                        > I have updated my Cupic-to-Spheric-to-Cubic conversion plugin (which
                        > some of you mistakenly call the 'superrune' plugin). This is only a
                        > minor update, which means there is no Mac version and no float
                        support
                        > yet. Sorry about that, I am working on both issues. At least it's
                        > still free, unless you decide to donate me a couple of dollars
                        > (recommended for further development).
                        >
                        > Here are the things that are changed:
                        >
                        > - Memory consumption should be improved. I have been able to convert
                        > panos up to 40.000 pixels wide on my machine.
                        >
                        > - The plugin is renamed to 'superSpheric', and appears under the
                        > 'SuperRune Filters' folder inside of Photoshop.
                        >
                        > I haven't put the plugin on my site yet, but you can download it
                        here
                        > for now: http://www.superrune.com/technical/supercubic_v1_1_2.zip
                        >
                        > Let me know if there are any issues with it!
                        >
                        > I have figures out a workaround to the float limitation, and will be
                        > updating my website with a tutorial soon :)
                        >
                        > Thanks,
                        > Rune

                      • Rune Spaans
                        Message 11 of 25 , Dec 1, 2008
                          I made the superSpheric plugin to reduce the number of steps involved
                          in creating full 360x280 degrees HDR panorama. Since my workflow is
                          Photoshop-centered I wanted a plugin for PS that would do idiot-proof
                          unwrapping of the zenith and nadir for retouching. If you're not doing
                          any retouching of those parts of you pano, and if you don't work in
                          Photoshop (or PS-compatible programs), there's probably little
                          benefit. Quite a lot of people seem to like it though :)

                          Cheers,
                          SuperRune

                          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Mahmood Hamidi"
                          <mahmood_hamidi@...> wrote:

                          > Hi,
                          >
                          > For someone who has always used Panotools plugin "PTAdjust",
                          > what benefit would SuperRune plugins offer?
                          > Better memory management, which would allow bigger images to be
                          > remapped or maybe faster operation or more accurate???
                          >
                          > Thanks,
                          >
                          > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Rune Spaans" <rune@> wrote:
                          > >
                          > > Hi,
                          > >
                          > > I have updated my Cupic-to-Spheric-to-Cubic conversion plugin (which
                          > > some of you mistakenly call the 'superrune' plugin). This is only a
                          > > minor update, which means there is no Mac version and no float
                          > support
                          > > yet. Sorry about that, I am working on both issues. At least it's
                          > > still free, unless you decide to donate me a couple of dollars
                          > > (recommended for further development).
                          > >
                          > > Here are the things that are changed:
                          > >
                          > > - Memory consumption should be improved. I have been able to convert
                          > > panos up to 40.000 pixels wide on my machine.
                          > >
                          > > - The plugin is renamed to 'superSpheric', and appears under the
                          > > 'SuperRune Filters' folder inside of Photoshop.
                          > >
                          > > I haven't put the plugin on my site yet, but you can download it
                          > here
                          > > for now: http://www.superrune.com/technical/supercubic_v1_1_2.zip
                          > >
                          > > Let me know if there are any issues with it!
                          > >
                          > > I have figures out a workaround to the float limitation, and will be
                          > > updating my website with a tutorial soon :)
                          > >
                          > > Thanks,
                          > > Rune

                        • Rune Spaans
                          Message 12 of 25 , Dec 1, 2008
                            --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Rune Spaans" <rune@...> wrote:

                            > I made the superSpheric plugin to reduce the number of steps involved
                            > in creating full 360x280 degrees HDR panorama. Since my workflow is

                            Sorry, that was supposed to read "360 by 180 degree HDR panos" :)
                          • Kathy Wheeler
                            Message 13 of 25 , Dec 1, 2008
                              On 02/12/2008, at 9:28 AM, Rune Spaans wrote:

                              > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Rune Spaans" <rune@...> wrote:
                              >>
                              >> I made the superSpheric plugin to reduce the number of steps involved
                              >> in creating full 360x280 degrees HDR panorama. Since my workflow is
                              >
                              > Sorry, that was supposed to read "360 by 180 degree HDR panos" :)

                              Thanks for the clarification ... that "280" had me quite intrigued :-)

                              KathyW.
                            • Mahmood Hamidi
                              Message 14 of 25 , Dec 2, 2008
                                Hi,

                                Thanks for your explanation but the fact is that I do create full
                                360x180 panoramas and I do retouch the zenith and nadir and I do it in
                                Photoshop. I do all that using PTAdjust plugin for PS. To see how it
                                can be done is explained here:

                                http://wiki.panotools.org/Edit_zenith_and_nadir_in_one_go_with_Adjust_filter

                                Now I am assuming that it might be faster, or easier or having other
                                benefits using the SuperRune plugins, which I am interested to
                                understnad.
                                Maybe I should install these plugins too and test them and compare
                                with Adjust plugin, then compare for myself...

                                Regards,
                                Mahmood

                                --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Rune Spaans" <rune@...> wrote:

                                > I made the superSpheric plugin to reduce the number of steps involved
                                > in creating full 360x280 degrees HDR panorama. Since my workflow is
                                > Photoshop-centered I wanted a plugin for PS that would do idiot-proof
                                > unwrapping of the zenith and nadir for retouching. If you're not doing
                                > any retouching of those parts of you pano, and if you don't work in
                                > Photoshop (or PS-compatible programs), there's probably little
                                > benefit. Quite a lot of people seem to like it though :)
                                >
                                > Cheers,
                                > SuperRune
                                >

                                > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Mahmood Hamidi"
                                > <mahmood_hamidi@> wrote:
                                > >

                                > > Hi,
                                > >
                                > > For someone who has always used Panotools plugin "PTAdjust",
                                > > what benefit would SuperRune plugins offer?
                                > > Better memory management, which would allow bigger images to be
                                > > remapped or maybe faster operation or more accurate???
                                > >
                                > > Thanks,
                                > >
                                > > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Rune Spaans" <rune@> wrote:
                                > > >
                                > > > Hi,
                                > > >
                                > > > I have updated my Cupic-to-Spheric-to-Cubic conversion plugin (which
                                > > > some of you mistakenly call the 'superrune' plugin). This is only a
                                > > > minor update, which means there is no Mac version and no float
                                > > support
                                > > > yet. Sorry about that, I am working on both issues. At least it's
                                > > > still free, unless you decide to donate me a couple of dollars
                                > > > (recommended for further development).
                                > > >
                                > > > Here are the things that are changed:
                                > > >
                                > > > - Memory consumption should be improved. I have been able to convert
                                > > > panos up to 40.000 pixels wide on my machine.
                                > > >
                                > > > - The plugin is renamed to 'superSpheric', and appears under the
                                > > > 'SuperRune Filters' folder inside of Photoshop.
                                > > >
                                > > > I haven't put the plugin on my site yet, but you can download it
                                > > here
                                > > > for now: http://www.superrune.com/technical/supercubic_v1_1_2.zip
                                > > >
                                > > > Let me know if there are any issues with it!
                                > > >
                                > > > I have figures out a workaround to the float limitation, and will be
                                > > > updating my website with a tutorial soon :)
                                > > >
                                > > > Thanks,
                                > > > Rune

                              • Flemming V. Larsen
                                Message 15 of 25 , Dec 2, 2008
                                  From: "Mahmood Hamidi"
                                  > Hi,
                                  >
                                  > Thanks for your explanation but the fact is that I do create full
                                  > 360x180 panoramas and I do retouch the zenith and nadir and I do it in
                                  > Photoshop. I do all that using PTAdjust plugin for PS. To see how it
                                  > can be done is explained here:
                                  >
                                  > http://wiki.panotools.org/Edit_zenith_and_nadir_in_one_go_with_Adjust_filter

                                  Allthough I'm the man behind the above link I've used the SuperRune plugin
                                  for a long time.
                                  First of all because the nadir/zenith you get to work on isn't as
                                  distorted - when you have to deal with patterned floors it makes it much
                                  easier to cut and paste, using patch tools or alike to hide the tripod - and
                                  especially as the interface makes it easy to rotate the view so the patterns
                                  are hor/ver aligned.

                                  best regards

                                  Flemming
                                • Mahmood Hamidi
                                  Message 16 of 25 , Dec 2, 2008
                                    Thanks Flemming,
                                    This is indeed kind of answer I was hoping to get.
                                    A comparison between the two plugins from someone who has used both.
                                    So the converted nadir/zenith is less distorted using S.Rune and
                                    therefore easier to patch compared with adjust.
                                    Maybe Rune's tutorial link could also be put in the tutorial part of
                                    "wiki.panotools.org" too.

                                    Thanks,
                                    Mahmood
                                    http://stockholm360.net
                                    http://360cities.net/area/stockholm-sweden

                                    --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Flemming V. Larsen" <fvl@...>
                                    wrote:

> [...]
                                  • Hans Nyberg
                                    Message 17 of 25 , Dec 2, 2008
                                      wrote:

                                      > Thanks Flemming,
                                      > This is indeed kind of answer I was hoping to get.
                                      > A comparison between the two plugins from someone who has used both.
                                      > So the converted nadir/zenith is less distorted using S.Rune and
                                      > therefore easier to patch compared with adjust.

                                      No not at all. You can extract perfectly straight rectilinear images with adjust like you do
                                      with SuperRune.
                                      Flemming does it an untraditional way by just changing the full equirectangular view.
                                      The normal way is to extract rectilinear images, and as Adjust saves your settings
                                      automatically you can always use the same settings for it as long as you Equirectangular is
                                      the same size.
                                      It is just as fast as SuperRune. (which we do not have on Mac. )

                                      However the new patch option in Pano2VR is also nice but you need to learn the steps in
                                      it. You may easy end up with a crash or an equirectangular which is not at all updated if
                                      you make a single mistake.

                                      Hans

                                      > Maybe Rune's tutorial link could also be put in the tutorial part of
                                      > "wiki.panotools.org" too.
                                      >
                                      > Thanks,
                                      > Mahmood
                                      > http://stockholm360.net
                                      > http://360cities.net/area/stockholm-sweden
                                      >

                                      > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Flemming V. Larsen" <fvl@>

                                    • Rune Spaans
                                      Message 18 of 25 , Dec 2, 2008
                                        It would be great if you could call the plugin 'superSpheric' from now
                                        on! Example: "The superSpheric plugin did a nice/bad job of unwrapping
                                        my pano."

                                        SuperRune is my company name, and it's really weird to read about
                                        people using my company to unwrap panos!

                                        Sorry to be picky :)

                                        Cheers,
                                        (Super)Rune

                                        > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Mahmood Hamidi" <mahmood_hamidi@>
                                        > wrote:
                                        > >
                                        > > Thanks Flemming,
                                        > > This is indeed kind of answer I was hoping to get.
                                        > > A comparison between the two plugins from someone who has used both.
                                        > > So the converted nadir/zenith is less distorted using S.Rune and
                                        > > therefore easier to patch compared with adjust.
                                        >
                                        > No not at all. You can extract perfectly straight rectilinear
                                        images with adjust like you do
                                        > with SuperRune.
                                      • ptgroup
                                        Message 19 of 25 , Dec 5, 2008
                                          Hello Rune
                                          I just tried Superspheric and found an severe error:
                                          - when I retransfer "supercubic reverse express" there are 2 rows of pixel
                                          missing.
                                          1 at the beginning (hm - say left side) and one on the end (say right side)
                                          of the pano.
                                          There is a red seam 180° long - from o - 180° HFOV, 2px wide just where the
                                          2 ends should fit together.

                                          Workflow:

                                          1 load image 7822 x 3911
                                          2 copy to a new layer
                                          3. run SuperCubic Express
                                          4. retouche the supbercubic generated layer 7822 x 3911
                                          5. run SuperCubix Reverse Express
                                          6. reduce layer - still 7822 x 3911
                                          7. save as tif

                                          Seam is generated.
                                          Tried the "No Express"- Version: same result .
                                          Size never differs - looks like a selection with a 2-3px feather is done to
                                          the whole image, then devided and reconstructed.
                                          You get a seam then too.

                                          Do I use a idiotic workflow ???
                                          Does anyone have the same experience ??

                                          Machine:
                                          AMD X26400, 3072 MB RAM, 500 GB HD (350 free), Windows XP SP2, PS CS2
                                          Background Progs: AVG AntiVir, PCTools Firewall, Outlook, Copernic, MSN,
                                          Active Sync
                                          Free RAM
                                          PS running and image loaded: 1,389 MB
                                          PS closed : 2,097 MB

                                          Someone an idea ???

                                          Thanks for every input

                                          ciao
                                          mike
                                          www.360de.de

                                          Mit freundlichen Grüssen
                                          HMS
                                          mailto: hmsmail@...
                                          Web: http://www.compulanz.de
                                          ----------------------------
                                          360° VR Fotografie:
                                          http://www.360de.de

                                          It would be great if you could call the plugin 'superSpheric' from now
                                          on! Example: "The superSpheric plugin did a nice/bad job of unwrapping
                                          my pano."

                                          SuperRune is my company name, and it's really weird to read about
                                          people using my company to unwrap panos!

                                          Sorry to be picky :)

                                          Cheers,
                                          (Super)Rune

                                          > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Mahmood Hamidi" <mahmood_hamidi@>
                                          > wrote:
                                          > >
                                          > > Thanks Flemming,
                                          > > This is indeed kind of answer I was hoping to get.
                                          > > A comparison between the two plugins from someone who has used both.
                                          > > So the converted nadir/zenith is less distorted using S.Rune and
                                          > > therefore easier to patch compared with adjust.
                                          >
                                          > No not at all. You can extract perfectly straight rectilinear
                                          images with adjust like you do
                                          > with SuperRune.

                                        • Rune Spaans
                                          Message 20 of 25 , Dec 6, 2008
                                            Hi,

                                            Thanks a lot for reporting this. As you know, I also got your email.
                                            I'm not seeing this on my machine, but I'll send you some versions of
                                            the plugin to test. Together we should be able to solve this :)

                                            Thanks,
                                            Rune

                                            > Hello Rune
                                            > I just tried Superspheric and found an severe error:
                                            > - when I retransfer "supercubic reverse express" there are 2 rows of
                                            pixel
                                            > missing.
                                            > 1 at the beginning (hm - say left side) and one on the end (say
                                            right side)
                                            > of the pano.
                                            > There is a red seam 180° long - from o - 180° HFOV, 2px wide just
                                            where the
                                            > 2 ends should fit together.
                                            >
                                            > Workflow:
                                            >
                                            > 1 load image 7822 x 3911
                                            > 2 copy to a new layer
                                            > 3. run SuperCubic Express
                                            > 4. retouche the supbercubic generated layer 7822 x 3911
                                            > 5. run SuperCubix Reverse Express
                                            > 6. reduce layer - still 7822 x 3911
                                            > 7. save as tif
                                            >
                                            > Seam is generated.
                                            > Tried the "No Express"- Version: same result .
                                            > Size never differs - looks like a selection with a 2-3px feather is
                                            done to
                                            > the whole image, then devided and reconstructed.
                                            > You get a seam then too.
                                            >

                                            > Do I use a idiotic workflow ???
                                            > Does anyone have the same experience ??
                                            >
                                            > Machine:
                                            > AMD X26400, 3072 MB RAM, 500 GB HD (350 free), Windows XP SP2, PS CS2
                                            > Background Progs: AVG AntiVir, PCTools Firewall, Outlook, Copernic, MSN,
                                            > Active Sync
                                            > Free RAM
                                            > PS running and image loaded: 1,389 MB
                                            > PS closed : 2,097 MB
                                            >
                                            > Someone an idea ???
                                            >
                                            > Thanks for every input
                                            >
                                            > ciao
                                            > mike
                                            > www.360de.de

                                          • Rune Spaans
                                            Message 21 of 25 , Dec 8, 2008
                                              Hi again!

                                              I have uploaded a new version of the superSpheric plugin:
                                              http://www.superrune.com/technical/supercubic_v1_1_3.zip

                                              This version takes care of a small bug that resulted in the first
                                              vertical line of the panorama not being converted. Thanks a lot to
                                              Mike at 360de.de for reporting the bug and helping me testing this new
                                              build.

                                              Cheers,
                                              Rune
                                            • Michael
                                              Message 22 of 25 , Dec 9, 2008
                                                Thank you Rune! Quick bug fix. I love the new version which allows for
                                                rendering bigger image dimensions than before.

                                                Yours,
                                                Michael

                                                --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Rune Spaans" <rune@...> wrote:

                                                > Hi again!
                                                >
                                                > I have uploaded a new version of the superSpheric plugin:
                                                > http://www.superrune.com/technical/supercubic_v1_1_3.zip
                                                >
                                                > This version takes care of a small bug that resulted in the first
                                                > vertical line of the panorama not being converted. Thanks a lot to
                                                > Mike at 360de.de for reporting the bug and helping me testing this new
                                                > build.
                                                >
                                                > Cheers,
                                                > Rune

                                              • Rune Spaans
                                                Message 23 of 25 , Feb 28, 2009
                                                  I have finally found time to update the web page for my superCubic
                                                  plugin (which I have mistakenly called superSpheric in here, Doh!).

                                                  http://www.superrune.com/technical/software_supercubic.php

                                                  Cheers,
                                                  Rune

                                                  --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Rune Spaans" <rune@...> wrote:

                                                  > Hi,
                                                  >
                                                  > I have updated my Cupic-to-Spheric-to-Cubic conversion plugin (which
                                                  > some of you mistakenly call the 'superrune' plugin). This is only a
                                                  > minor update, which means there is no Mac version and no float support
                                                  > yet. Sorry about that, I am working on both issues. At least it's
                                                  > still free, unless you decide to donate me a couple of dollars
                                                  > (recommended for further development).
                                                  >
                                                  > Here are the things that are changed:
                                                  >
                                                  > - Memory consumption should be improved. I have been able to convert
                                                  > panos up to 40.000 pixels wide on my machine.
                                                  >
                                                  > - The plugin is renamed to 'superSpheric', and appears under the
                                                  > 'SuperRune Filters' folder inside of Photoshop.
                                                  >
                                                  > I haven't put the plugin on my site yet, but you can download it here
                                                  > for now: http://www.superrune.com/technical/supercubic_v1_1_2.zip
                                                  >
                                                  > Let me know if there are any issues with it!
                                                  >
                                                  > I have figures out a workaround to the float limitation, and will be
                                                  > updating my website with a tutorial soon :)
                                                  >
                                                  > Thanks,
                                                  > Rune

                                                • Philipp B. Koch
                                                  Message 24 of 25 , Feb 28, 2009
                                                    Rune Spaans schrieb:
                                                    > I have finally found time to update the web page for my superCubic
                                                    > plugin (which I have mistakenly called superSpheric in here, Doh!).
                                                    >
                                                    > http://www.superrune.com/technical/software_supercubic.php
                                                    >
                                                    > Cheers,
                                                    > Rune
                                                    Much appreciated, thanks Rune! It's a pity that it doesn't work on
                                                    64-bit Photoshop, but I guess that's a FilterMeister restriction?

                                                    Best regards, Philipp
                                                  • Rune Spaans
                                                    Message 25 of 25 , Feb 28, 2009
                                                      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Philipp B. Koch" <pk@...> wrote:

                                                      > Rune Spaans schrieb:
                                                      > > I have finally found time to update the web page for my superCubic
                                                      > > plugin (which I have mistakenly called superSpheric in here, Doh!).
                                                      > >
                                                      > > http://www.superrune.com/technical/software_supercubic.php
                                                      > >
                                                      > > Cheers,
                                                      > > Rune
                                                      > Much appreciated, thanks Rune! It's a pity that it doesn't work on
                                                      > 64-bit Photoshop, but I guess that's a FilterMeister restriction?
                                                      >
                                                      > Best regards, Philipp

                                                      Yes, the lack of 16bit, float/hdri and OSX support is a FilterMeister
                                                      restriction. I want to learn the Adobe SDK so that I can fix all of
                                                      those issues. At the rate I do my spare time projects, I am afraid
                                                      that might take a couple of years...