Examples of Pano websites that are navigatable by street address?

  • Peter Sale
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 25, 2008
      I would very much like to view sites featuring panoramas and/or still photos of homes, businesses,
      landmarks, etc. (in a particular neighborhood) that are navigatable by drop downs with street
      addresses, simply keying in a street address, or by clicking on hotspots on a map (Google map:
      http://maps.google.com/maps?q=245+linnie+canal+90291&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF-8&t=h&z=17&g=245+linnie+canal+90
      291&iwloc=addr ), or whatever. I'm looking for ideas here. If anyone knows of such websites I would
      very much like their URL links.

      -
      Regards,
      Peter Sale
      Santa Monica, CA USA
    • Marc Huff
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 25, 2008
        Um... Google Earth does that... now with the 360 Cities plugin, in
        particular. Talk to Jeffery Martin... he does the 360 thing.

        _Marc Huff
        WHdigital, Inc.

        On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 11:00 AM, Peter Sale <yahoo_groups@...>wrote:

        > I would very much like to view sites featuring panoramas and/or still
        > photos of homes, businesses,
        > landmarks, etc. (in a particular neighborhood) that are navigatable by drop
        > downs with street
        > addresses, simply keying in a street address, or by clicking on hotspots on
        > a map (Google map:
        >
        > http://maps.google.com/maps?q=245+linnie+canal+90291&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF-8&t=h&z=17&g=245+linnie+canal+90
        > 291&iwloc=addr ), or whatever. I'm looking for ideas here. If anyone knows
        > of such websites I would
        > very much like their URL links.
        >
        > -
        > Regards,
        > Peter Sale
        > Santa Monica, CA USA

      • aiwetir
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 25, 2008
          there's a lot out there.
          there's mine http://pdxvr.com/tours-map
          there's http://360cities.net
          just to name two.

          mmm

          On 25 Nov 2008, at 09:24, Marc Huff wrote:

          > Um... Google Earth does that... now with the 360 Cities plugin, in
          > particular. Talk to Jeffery Martin... he does the 360 thing.
          >
          > _Marc Huff
          > WHdigital, Inc.
          >
          > On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 11:00 AM, Peter Sale <yahoo_groups@
          > petersale. com>wrote:
          >
          > > I would very much like to view sites featuring panoramas and/or
          > still
          > > photos of homes, businesses,
          > > landmarks, etc. (in a particular neighborhood) that are
          > navigatable by drop
          > > downs with street
          > > addresses, simply keying in a street address, or by clicking on
          > hotspots on
          > > a map (Google map:
          > >
          > > http://maps. google.com/ maps?q=245+ linnie+canal+ 90291&ie=
          > UTF8&oe=UTF- 8&t=h&z=17& g=245+linnie+ canal+90
          > > 291&iwloc=addr ), or whatever. I'm looking for ideas here. If
          > anyone knows
          > > of such websites I would
          > > very much like their URL links.
          > >
          > > -
          > > Regards,
          > > Peter Sale
          > > Santa Monica, CA USA

        • Ronald
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 26, 2008
            Hello Peter,
            try you might try the map site of Buenos Aires at
            http://mapa.buenosaires.gov.ar/sig/index.phtml
            <http://mapa.buenosaires.gov.ar/sig/index.phtml>
            Fill out an address in the 'buscador general' text box. For example
            parana 1231, and click 'buscar'.
            The location will show on the map, double click it to zoom in a bit .
            Zoomed in you will notice that the map is divided into small
            rectangles, so called 'parcelas', don't know the word in English, but
            it's the ground that belongs to the property on that address.
            Now if you click the tab 'datos de parcelas' on top of the map, and
            without closing that tab click on any of the rectangles you see, a
            photo and some data of the property will show up. Just stills, no
            pano's yet.

            Grts
            Ronald

            --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Sale" <yahoo_groups@...>
            wrote:

            > I would very much like to view sites featuring panoramas and/or still
            photos of homes, businesses,
            > landmarks, etc. (in a particular neighborhood) that are navigatable by
            drop downs with street
            > addresses, simply keying in a street address, or by clicking on
            hotspots on a map (Google map:

            http://maps.google.com/maps?q=245+linnie+canal+90291&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF-8&t=\
            h&z=17&g=245+linnie+canal+90
            > 291&iwloc=addr ), or whatever. I'm looking for ideas here. If anyone
            knows of such websites I would
            > very much like their URL links.
            >
            > -
            > Regards,
            > Peter Sale
            > Santa Monica, CA USA

          • Peter Sale
            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 26, 2008
              My attempts to visit that site were interrupted by my Antivirus program, ESET NOD32, which
              quarantined numerous "Trojan Horse" virus threats, for example, wind32/TojanDropper.Agent.ZTI.
              Something is not right in paradise. Thought you would want to know.

              Best Regards,
              Peter Sale
              Santa Monica CA USA
              -
              On Wednesday, November 26, 2008 2:02 PM, Karol.Kwiatek@... wrote:

              > Try www.cyclomedia.com
              >
              > Regards,
              > Karol Kwiatek
              > Plymouth, UK
            • Bernhard Vogl
              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 26, 2008
                I agree - tries to infect your browser and talk to bloggxz.com.
                This site seems to be hacked, so keep away if you have no working
                Antivirus on your machine!

                Regards
                Bernhard

                Peter Sale schrieb:
                > My attempts to visit that site were interrupted by my Antivirus program, ESET NOD32, which
                > quarantined numerous "Trojan Horse" virus threats, for example, wind32/TojanDropper.Agent.ZTI.
                > Something is not right in paradise. Thought you would want to know.
                >
                > Best Regards,
                > Peter Sale
                > Santa Monica CA USA
                > -
                > On Wednesday, November 26, 2008 2:02 PM, Karol.Kwiatek@... wrote:
                >

                >> Try www.cyclomedia.com
                >>
                >> Regards,
                >> Karol Kwiatek
                >> Plymouth, UK
                >>

                > ------------------------------------

              • Keith Martin
                Message 7 of 7 , Nov 27, 2008
                  Sometime around 27/11/08 (at 08:43 +0100) Bernhard Vogl said:

                  >This site seems to be hacked, so keep away if you have no working
                  >Antivirus on your machine!

                  And you're not using a Mac.

                  Although scratch that: Mac users may as well keep away anyway.
                  There's no fear of my Mac being infected, but there's no panorama
                  that I can see either. It seems that the actual pano pages are
                  heavily reliant on VBScript, so there's no way on earth (that I know
                  of) that a Mac user will be able to see anything happen.

                  Karol, a quick and honest question: why is this made in such a
                  Windows-specific way when there are so many more open alternatives?