The City

  • Rodrigo Alarcon-Cielock
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 21, 2008
      Is this the reason as to why the banks need extra money?, to pay the
      electricity bills.

      http://www.360panoview.co.uk/pictureFlow29/city.html

      I did this panorama during a weekend in Londod a couple of weeks ago. I
      hope you like it.

      kind regards,

      Rodrigo
    • Keith Martin
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 21, 2008
        Sometime around 21/11/08 (at 09:37 +0000) Rodrigo Alarcon-Cielock said:

        >Is this the reason as to why the banks need extra money?, to pay the
        >electricity bills.
        >
        >http://www.360panoview.co.uk/pictureFlow29/city.html

        A shocking waste of power, I agree!

        BTW, the cluster of red lights just to the right of the bright light
        that's slightly rightwards of the middle of the default view (can't
        think of a simpler description) is the 'traffic light tree'.
        (http://www.flickr.com/photos/richardandgill/566285875/in/photostream/)
        This consists of dozens of traffic lights clustered together in a
        tree-like shape on a small roundabout at a junction. They switch
        colours randomly - they're nothing to do with traffic control! I've
        often wondered how this particular artwork installation got past the
        town planning committee...

        Also, the dark low-rise building just to the right of this, in front
        of the taller lit-up blocks, is the book publishers where my wife
        works. (Canary Wharf isn't *entirely* filled with cityboys and
        'merchant bankers'! :-)

      • Rodrigo Alarcon-Cielock
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 21, 2008
          Hi Keith,

          I recall seen this 'traffic light tree' in more than one ocassion
          that night, as I got lost and I was looking for the Hilton Hotel on
          the other side, everyone was directing me towards the Hilton Canary
          Wharf and I really wanted the Hilton Docklands. But it was worth it
          in the end, once I crosed the river using the tunnel built for cart
          and horses. Next time I will leave the car at home and go on the
          train. ;)

          kind regards,

          Rodrigo

          )