Critique Please.....

  • texas_caver
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 20, 2008
      I have another request. I've been working my way up on quality and workflow. It's time to
      review and grow again. I really could use help for this and would appreciate some of the
      more experienced VR photographers opinions. Anything is fair game but I would appreciate
      critique with a positive approach. Any views on newer programs to add on features would be
      appreciated. I do a lot of architectural shots. This is pretty much the standard of my work.

      http://www.esotericvision.com/VT/PuntaRoca360v2/index.html

      One note: Images are 2400x1200 and not made for full screen, no hotspots by request.

      Thanks,

      Ben
    • Viktor Balogh
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 21, 2008
        Hi,

        I've seen your panorama, it's nice.
        Just a little comment:
        If you see upwards and rotating, there is a small peak at the zenit,
        it's almost unnoticeable. This is because of blending.
        In this cases - where on the zenit there is a slightly banded sky -
        I used to select that "summit" on the upper cubeface in Photoshop,
        and fade it out with patch tool. (After I've converted the equirect to
        cubic)
        Or you can use the PTEditor tool for that, if you don't want to
        convert the whole into separate cubefaces.

        @others: Any other techniques for removing it?

        Best regards,

        Viktor Balogh

        --
        *********************************
        Visit my panoramic photoblog!
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 21, 2008
          Viktor Balogh wrote:
          > Or you can use the PTEditor tool for that, if you don't want to
          > convert the whole into separate cubefaces.
          >
          > @others: Any other techniques for removing it?

          There is a whole bunch of possibilities on
          http://wiki.panotools.org/Extracting_and_inserting_rectilinear_Views

          However, best would be to avoid it in the first place. This zenith
          artifact is typical for enfuse or tufuse. The most recent PTGui internal
          exposure fusion has almost solved the problem. No zenith vortex in my
          test images...

          Ben: It would be easier, if you specified your detailed workflow.