Re: [PanoToolsNG] Dumb question from a Java programmer....

  • Philipp B. Koch
    Message 1 of 14 , Nov 9, 2008
      Hi Ken,

      the Flash Panorama Player (FPP) -- www.flashpanoramas.com/player) --
      supports cylindrical panos directly. There is no real GUI within the
      original packacge, so you'd have to write a few lines of code manually.
      You could also have a look at Trausti's "Flashificator"
      (http://flashificator.com/) which is a GUI for FPP that has to be
      purchased separately. I don't know if Flashificator also supports
      cylinders directly, but I guess it does. Just ask Trausti himself, he's
      very polite and responsive.

      If you want to do your cylinders with FPP manually, it is really easy.
      Your XML could be something like this:

      --------------------------
      <?xml version="1.0" ?>
      <panorama>

      <parameters>

      layer_1 = limits.swf
      layer_2 = cylConverter.swf

      panoType=cylinder
      panoName=your_cylinder_pano

      </parameters>

      <cylconverter>
      hfov = 180
      vfov = 60
      </cylconverter>

      </panorama>

      The limits plugin (part of FPP when you purchase it) automatically
      determines the edges of your cylindrical pano and restricts the view so
      one can't go outside of the pano area. Cylconverter (as well part of the
      FPP package) converts ypir cylinder pano on the fly, so you feed a
      normal cylindrical pano (no need for cubes or something) directly to FPP
      and it gets displayed. Plus: FPP has a really great forum.

      So you see, it's really that easy :-)

      Hope that helps, regards,
      Philipp