SPAM-LOW: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Large group photogaphy

  • Hans Nyberg
    Message 1 of 25 , Nov 6, 2008
      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "CW" <cwest@...> wrote:

      > If one doesn't have a Seitx camera, which is about $35K USD, how could this
      > photo (http://photodes100ans.com/) be constructed?

      It all depends on what resolution you really need.
      I doubt that you would ever need more than 22000 pixels width for this.
      That means that you can use a 28mm lens on a 5D with only 10 images,

      22000 pixels means 1,8meters at 300ppi.

      Hans
    • Hans Nyberg
      Message 2 of 25 , Nov 6, 2008

        > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "CW" <cwest@> wrote:
        > >
        > > If one doesn't have a Seitx camera, which is about $35K USD, how could this
        > > photo (http://photodes100ans.com/) be constructed?
        >
        > It all depends on what resolution you really need.
        > I doubt that you would ever need more than 22000 pixels width for this.
        > That means that you can use a 28mm lens on a 5D with only 10 images,
        >
        > 22000 pixels means 1,8meters at 300ppi.

        That would also helped getting the people in the frontline sharp. If you zoom in you see
        they are not.

        Actually in this low light situation I would have prefered a 12mp with a 1,5 sensor and a
        20mm lens for better depth of field

        Hans
      • CW
        Message 3 of 25 , Nov 6, 2008
          If you zoom in to the max that the the image allows, do you consider the
          image not sharp? For the image to be sharper, what focal length would you
          use?

          Colin

        • jlemon0721@yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 25 , Nov 9, 2011
            Bedford and north 10th street
            Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

            From: "Mark Fink" <markdfink@...>
            Sender: PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com
            Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2011 18:19:39 -0500
            To: <PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com>
            ReplyTo: PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com
            Subject: RE: [PanoToolsNG] (unknown)

            That depends – Williamsburg , Where?

            Mark

            Message 5 of 25 , Jun 8, 2013
              Sorry for the noise folks. Another compromised account by the look. The usual steps have been taken.

              KathyW,
              Co-owner / moderator, PanoToolsNG