Re: SPAM-LOW: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Large group photography

  • Joergen Geerds
    Message 1 of 25 , Nov 6, 2008
      bummer, my french isn't good enough, and i forgot about the roundshot, which makes things like this very easy (only 1-4 sec for a 360?)

      thx for digging that up
      -joergen

      Message 2 of 25 , Nov 6, 2008
        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "CW" <cwest@...> wrote:

        > If one doesn't have a Seitx camera, which is about $35K USD, how could this
        > photo (http://photodes100ans.com/) be constructed?

        It all depends on what resolution you really need.
        I doubt that you would ever need more than 22000 pixels width for this.
        That means that you can use a 28mm lens on a 5D with only 10 images,

        22000 pixels means 1,8meters at 300ppi.

        Hans
      • Hans Nyberg
        Message 3 of 25 , Nov 6, 2008

          > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "CW" <cwest@> wrote:
          > >
          > > If one doesn't have a Seitx camera, which is about $35K USD, how could this
          > > photo (http://photodes100ans.com/) be constructed?
          >
          > It all depends on what resolution you really need.
          > I doubt that you would ever need more than 22000 pixels width for this.
          > That means that you can use a 28mm lens on a 5D with only 10 images,
          >
          > 22000 pixels means 1,8meters at 300ppi.

          That would also helped getting the people in the frontline sharp. If you zoom in you see
          they are not.

          Actually in this low light situation I would have prefered a 12mp with a 1,5 sensor and a
          20mm lens for better depth of field

          Hans
        • CW
          Message 4 of 25 , Nov 6, 2008
            If you zoom in to the max that the the image allows, do you consider the
            image not sharp? For the image to be sharper, what focal length would you
            use?

            Colin

          • jlemon0721@yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 25 , Nov 9, 2011
              Bedford and north 10th street
              Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

              From: "Mark Fink" <markdfink@...>
              Sender: PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com
              Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2011 18:19:39 -0500
              To: <PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com>
              ReplyTo: PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com
              Subject: RE: [PanoToolsNG] (unknown)

              That depends – Williamsburg , Where?

              Mark

              Message 6 of 25 , Jun 8, 2013
                Sorry for the noise folks. Another compromised account by the look. The usual steps have been taken.

                KathyW,
                Co-owner / moderator, PanoToolsNG