RE: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Large group photography

  • Joergen Geerds
    Message 1 of 25 , Nov 6, 2008
      hi colin,

      the resolution isn't crazy high, the final panorama has 48000x5500px.
      to get there, guessing that it was taken with a 5D, you can take two rows of 24 at around 65mm focal length, so 48 shots is all that it takes to make this one. (still 25% overkill for the 255x36cm print size).

      still a nice example.

      -joergen

      Message 2 of 25 , Nov 6, 2008
        bummer, my french isn't good enough, and i forgot about the roundshot, which makes things like this very easy (only 1-4 sec for a 360?)

        thx for digging that up
        -joergen

        > > Anyone care to guess what focal length and pano head
        > was used to shoot this?
        > > If the FOV was say 5 degrees, implying at least a
        > focal length of 200mm+
        > > there would have been 400-500 shots taken, which would
        > result in a
        > > gigapixel+ image. Something like that, yes/no?
        >
        > No
        > If you read the page you see that this was a Roundshot.
        > http://photodes100ans.com/roundshot-d3.htm
        >
        > Hans

      • Hans Nyberg
        Message 3 of 25 , Nov 6, 2008
          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "CW" <cwest@...> wrote:

          > If one doesn't have a Seitx camera, which is about $35K USD, how could this
          > photo (http://photodes100ans.com/) be constructed?

          It all depends on what resolution you really need.
          I doubt that you would ever need more than 22000 pixels width for this.
          That means that you can use a 28mm lens on a 5D with only 10 images,

          22000 pixels means 1,8meters at 300ppi.

          Hans
        • Hans Nyberg
          Message 4 of 25 , Nov 6, 2008

            > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "CW" <cwest@> wrote:
            > >
            > > If one doesn't have a Seitx camera, which is about $35K USD, how could this
            > > photo (http://photodes100ans.com/) be constructed?
            >
            > It all depends on what resolution you really need.
            > I doubt that you would ever need more than 22000 pixels width for this.
            > That means that you can use a 28mm lens on a 5D with only 10 images,
            >
            > 22000 pixels means 1,8meters at 300ppi.

            That would also helped getting the people in the frontline sharp. If you zoom in you see
            they are not.

            Actually in this low light situation I would have prefered a 12mp with a 1,5 sensor and a
            20mm lens for better depth of field

            Hans
          • CW
            Message 5 of 25 , Nov 6, 2008
              If you zoom in to the max that the the image allows, do you consider the
              image not sharp? For the image to be sharper, what focal length would you
              use?

              Colin

            • jlemon0721@yahoo.com
              Message 6 of 25 , Nov 9, 2011
                Bedford and north 10th street
                Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

                From: "Mark Fink" <markdfink@...>
                Sender: PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com
                Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2011 18:19:39 -0500
                To: <PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com>
                ReplyTo: PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com
                Subject: RE: [PanoToolsNG] (unknown)

                That depends – Williamsburg , Where?

                Mark

                Message 7 of 25 , Jun 8, 2013
                  Sorry for the noise folks. Another compromised account by the look. The usual steps have been taken.

                  KathyW,
                  Co-owner / moderator, PanoToolsNG