Re: [PanoToolsNG] (unknown)

  • T-online
    Message 1 of 25 , Nov 6, 2008
      Many thanks for your replies - I will show the results later!
      Laas

      Laas Tietje, Werbeagentur LOGO-TEC
      Unter der Pfählen 7, 38229 Salzgitter
      , phone 0049 5341 53035
      w.logo-tec.de, info@...
      Sent by Apple's iPhone

      Am 06.11.2008 um 13:39 schrieb "Flemming V. Larsen" <fvl@...
      >:

      > ...and for web you should consider using one of the alternate
      > projections in
      > KRpano to avoid fat people in the corners.....
      > - Flemming

    • Joergen Geerds
      Message 2 of 25 , Nov 6, 2008
        Hi Laas, I shot a 70 people pano group shot in summer:
        http://newyorkpanorama.com/2008/06/01/yosemite-extreme-panorama-project/

        a couple of things to look out for:
        have the group come close in (5-7m circle diameter), shoot multiples of each frame, and be prepared for some creative (aka manual) blending work in photoshop.

        good luck
        joergen

        Message 3 of 25 , Nov 6, 2008
          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Firma Werbeagentur LOGO-TEC Laas
          Tietje <ltietje@...> wrote:

          > Hi to the active posters!
          > I neeed an urgent help! A customer wants me to make a pano of about
          > 180 persons standing around the cam. Has anyone an "example" for me?

          180 people, every 2 degrees? hm....sounds like a 360 :)

          But seriously, see if you can find any book or example from the real
          master of large group photography, Eugene O. Goldbeck.

          He was a true pioneer in panormamic photography and even did amazing
          group photo's of army battallions arranged to mirror their logo, yet
          you could still see everyone's face. Paraprhasing " if a customer
          can't see their face, they won't buy a print." Many times he would
          build a platform just for the shoot.

          Well worth a look.

          Regards,

          Robert Harshman
        • Henri Smeets
          Message 4 of 25 , Nov 6, 2008
            Hi Laas,

            I took one of a wedding, not around the cam though:
            http://www.lookaround.be/claudia_gijs/ Don't make the same mistake I made
            however, many people were looking straight into the sun, hence the squinting
            :(

            A saw another here:
            http://www.panoguide.com/gallery/716/

          • Firma Werbeagentur LOGO-TEC Laas Tietje
            Message 5 of 25 , Nov 6, 2008
              Hi Robert
              Thank you for the tip about Eugene O. Goldbeck. I found some nice
              ones here:
              http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/panoramic_photography/
              panoramic_home.html

              Am 06.11.2008 um 15:19 schrieb robert_harshman:

              > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Firma Werbeagentur LOGO-TEC Laas
              > Tietje <ltietje@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > Hi to the active posters!
              > > I neeed an urgent help! A customer wants me to make a pano of about
              > > 180 persons standing around the cam. Has anyone an "example" for me?
              >
              > 180 people, every 2 degrees? hm....sounds like a 360 :)
              >
              > But seriously, see if you can find any book or example from the real
              > master of large group photography, Eugene O. Goldbeck.
              >
              > He was a true pioneer in panormamic photography and even did amazing
              > group photo's of army battallions arranged to mirror their logo, yet
              > you could still see everyone's face. Paraprhasing " if a customer
              > can't see their face, they won't buy a print." Many times he would
              > build a platform just for the shoot.
              >
              > Well worth a look.
              >
              > Regards,
              >
              > Robert Harshman

              Mit freundlichen Grüßen

              Laas Tietje
              Werbeagentur LOGO-TEC - Unter den Pfählen 7 - 38229 Salzgitter
              Tel: 05341/53035 - Fax: 05341/659479 - ISDN: 05341/852465
              info@... - http://www.logo-tec.de

              360º Panoramafotos - http://www.panorama.logo-tec.de
              Hochfotos (15m Höhe) - http://www.bird-view.de
              Salzgitter Panoramas: http://www.salzgitter.360cities.net

              Member:

              http://www.ivrpa.org

            • Firma Werbeagentur LOGO-TEC Laas Tietje
              Message 6 of 25 , Nov 6, 2008
                Better this link: http://tinyurl.com/yyl2cf
                Am 06.11.2008 um 17:55 schrieb Firma Werbeagentur LOGO-TEC Laas Tietje:

                > Hi Robert
                > Thank you for the tip about Eugene O. Goldbeck. I found some nice
                > ones here:
                > http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/panoramic_photography/
                > panoramic_home.html
                >
                > Am 06.11.2008 um 15:19 schrieb robert_harshman:
                >
                > > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Firma Werbeagentur LOGO-TEC Laas
                > > Tietje <ltietje@...> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > Hi to the active posters!
                > > > I neeed an urgent help! A customer wants me to make a pano of
                > about
                > > > 180 persons standing around the cam. Has anyone an "example"
                > for me?
                > >
                > > 180 people, every 2 degrees? hm....sounds like a 360 :)
                > >
                > > But seriously, see if you can find any book or example from the real
                > > master of large group photography, Eugene O. Goldbeck.
                > >
                > > He was a true pioneer in panormamic photography and even did amazing
                > > group photo's of army battallions arranged to mirror their logo, yet
                > > you could still see everyone's face. Paraprhasing " if a customer
                > > can't see their face, they won't buy a print." Many times he would
                > > build a platform just for the shoot.
                > >
                > > Well worth a look.
                > >
                > > Regards,
                > >
                > > Robert Harshman
                > >

                > Mit freundlichen Grüßen
                >
                > Laas Tietje
                > Werbeagentur LOGO-TEC - Unter den Pfählen 7 - 38229 Salzgitter
                > Tel: 05341/53035 - Fax: 05341/659479 - ISDN: 05341/852465
                > info@... - http://www.logo-tec.de
                >
                > 360º Panoramafotos - http://www.panorama.logo-tec.de
                > Hochfotos (15m Höhe) - http://www.bird-view.de
                > Salzgitter Panoramas: http://www.salzgitter.360cities.net
                >
                > Member:
                >

                > http://www.ivrpa.org

                Mit freundlichen Grüßen

                Laas Tietje
                Werbeagentur LOGO-TEC - Unter den Pfählen 7 - 38229 Salzgitter
                Tel: 05341/53035 - Fax: 05341/659479 - ISDN: 05341/852465
                info@... - http://www.logo-tec.de

                360º Panoramafotos - http://www.panorama.logo-tec.de
                Hochfotos (15m Höhe) - http://www.bird-view.de
                Salzgitter Panoramas: http://www.salzgitter.360cities.net

                Member:

                http://www.ivrpa.org

              • Hans Nyberg
                Message 7 of 25 , Nov 6, 2008
                  <ltietje@...> wrote:

                  > Hi Robert
                  > Thank you for the tip about Eugene O. Goldbeck. I found some nice
                  > ones here:
                  > http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/panoramic_photography/
                  > panoramic_home.html

                  This one will be hard to beat
                  Zoomify
                  http://photodes100ans.com/

                  360 with fullscreen
                  http://www.photodes100ans.com/photo-360.htm

                  Hans
                • CW
                  Message 8 of 25 , Nov 6, 2008
                    Anyone care to guess what focal length and pano head was used to shoot this?
                    If the FOV was say 5 degrees, implying at least a focal length of 200mm+
                    there would have been 400-500 shots taken, which would result in a
                    gigapixel+ image. Something like that, yes/no?

                    Colin

                      > Anyone care to guess what focal length and pano head was used to shoot this?
                      > If the FOV was say 5 degrees, implying at least a focal length of 200mm+
                      > there would have been 400-500 shots taken, which would result in a
                      > gigapixel+ image. Something like that, yes/no?

                      No
                      If you read the page you see that this was a Roundshot.
                      http://photodes100ans.com/roundshot-d3.htm

                      Hans

                    • CW
                      Message 10 of 25 , Nov 6, 2008
                        As it wasn't in English, I didn't read it-no arrogance intended. I'll read
                        the Roundshot site. They have an English version.

                        Colin

                        Message 11 of 25 , Nov 6, 2008
                          If one doesn't have a Seitx camera, which is about $35K USD, how could this
                          photo (http://photodes100ans.com/) be constructed?

                          Colin

                          From: PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com <mailto:PanoToolsNG%40yahoogroups.com>

                          Message 12 of 25 , Nov 6, 2008
                            hi colin,

                            the resolution isn't crazy high, the final panorama has 48000x5500px.
                            to get there, guessing that it was taken with a 5D, you can take two rows of 24 at around 65mm focal length, so 48 shots is all that it takes to make this one. (still 25% overkill for the 255x36cm print size).

                            still a nice example.

                            -joergen

                            > Anyone care to guess what focal length and pano head was
                            > used to shoot this?
                            > If the FOV was say 5 degrees, implying at least a focal
                            > length of 200mm+
                            > there would have been 400-500 shots taken, which would
                            > result in a
                            > gigapixel+ image. Something like that, yes/no?
                            >

                            > Colin

                          • Joergen Geerds
                            Message 13 of 25 , Nov 6, 2008
                              bummer, my french isn't good enough, and i forgot about the roundshot, which makes things like this very easy (only 1-4 sec for a 360?)

                              thx for digging that up
                              -joergen

                              > > Anyone care to guess what focal length and pano head
                              > was used to shoot this?
                              > > If the FOV was say 5 degrees, implying at least a
                              > focal length of 200mm+
                              > > there would have been 400-500 shots taken, which would
                              > result in a
                              > > gigapixel+ image. Something like that, yes/no?
                              >
                              > No
                              > If you read the page you see that this was a Roundshot.
                              > http://photodes100ans.com/roundshot-d3.htm
                              >
                              > Hans

                            • Hans Nyberg
                              Message 14 of 25 , Nov 6, 2008
                                --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "CW" <cwest@...> wrote:

                                > If one doesn't have a Seitx camera, which is about $35K USD, how could this
                                > photo (http://photodes100ans.com/) be constructed?

                                It all depends on what resolution you really need.
                                I doubt that you would ever need more than 22000 pixels width for this.
                                That means that you can use a 28mm lens on a 5D with only 10 images,

                                22000 pixels means 1,8meters at 300ppi.

                                Hans
                              • Hans Nyberg
                                Message 15 of 25 , Nov 6, 2008

                                  > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "CW" <cwest@> wrote:
                                  > >
                                  > > If one doesn't have a Seitx camera, which is about $35K USD, how could this
                                  > > photo (http://photodes100ans.com/) be constructed?
                                  >
                                  > It all depends on what resolution you really need.
                                  > I doubt that you would ever need more than 22000 pixels width for this.
                                  > That means that you can use a 28mm lens on a 5D with only 10 images,
                                  >
                                  > 22000 pixels means 1,8meters at 300ppi.

                                  That would also helped getting the people in the frontline sharp. If you zoom in you see
                                  they are not.

                                  Actually in this low light situation I would have prefered a 12mp with a 1,5 sensor and a
                                  20mm lens for better depth of field

                                  Hans
                                • CW
                                  Message 16 of 25 , Nov 6, 2008
                                    If you zoom in to the max that the the image allows, do you consider the
                                    image not sharp? For the image to be sharper, what focal length would you
                                    use?

                                    Colin

                                  • jlemon0721@yahoo.com
                                    Message 17 of 25 , Nov 9, 2011
                                      Bedford and north 10th street
                                      Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

                                      From: "Mark Fink" <markdfink@...>
                                      Sender: PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com
                                      Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2011 18:19:39 -0500
                                      To: <PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com>
                                      ReplyTo: PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com
                                      Subject: RE: [PanoToolsNG] (unknown)

                                      That depends – Williamsburg , Where?

                                      Mark

                                      Message 18 of 25 , Jun 8, 2013
                                        Sorry for the noise folks. Another compromised account by the look. The usual steps have been taken.

                                        KathyW,
                                        Co-owner / moderator, PanoToolsNG