Re: [PanoToolsNG] (unknown)

  • Flemming V. Larsen
    Message 1 of 25 , Nov 6, 2008
      ...and for web you should consider using one of the alternate projections in
      KRpano to avoid fat people in the corners.....
      - Flemming
    • T-online
      Message 2 of 25 , Nov 6, 2008
        Many thanks for your replies - I will show the results later!
        Laas

        Laas Tietje, Werbeagentur LOGO-TEC
        Unter der Pfählen 7, 38229 Salzgitter
        , phone 0049 5341 53035
        w.logo-tec.de, info@...
        Sent by Apple's iPhone

        Am 06.11.2008 um 13:39 schrieb "Flemming V. Larsen" <fvl@...
        >:

        > ...and for web you should consider using one of the alternate
        > projections in
        > KRpano to avoid fat people in the corners.....
        > - Flemming

      • Joergen Geerds
        Message 3 of 25 , Nov 6, 2008
          Hi Laas, I shot a 70 people pano group shot in summer:
          http://newyorkpanorama.com/2008/06/01/yosemite-extreme-panorama-project/

          a couple of things to look out for:
          have the group come close in (5-7m circle diameter), shoot multiples of each frame, and be prepared for some creative (aka manual) blending work in photoshop.

          good luck
          joergen

          Message 4 of 25 , Nov 6, 2008
            --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Firma Werbeagentur LOGO-TEC Laas
            Tietje <ltietje@...> wrote:

            > Hi to the active posters!
            > I neeed an urgent help! A customer wants me to make a pano of about
            > 180 persons standing around the cam. Has anyone an "example" for me?

            180 people, every 2 degrees? hm....sounds like a 360 :)

            But seriously, see if you can find any book or example from the real
            master of large group photography, Eugene O. Goldbeck.

            He was a true pioneer in panormamic photography and even did amazing
            group photo's of army battallions arranged to mirror their logo, yet
            you could still see everyone's face. Paraprhasing " if a customer
            can't see their face, they won't buy a print." Many times he would
            build a platform just for the shoot.

            Well worth a look.

            Regards,

            Robert Harshman
          • Henri Smeets
            Message 5 of 25 , Nov 6, 2008
              Hi Laas,

              I took one of a wedding, not around the cam though:
              http://www.lookaround.be/claudia_gijs/ Don't make the same mistake I made
              however, many people were looking straight into the sun, hence the squinting
              :(

              A saw another here:
              http://www.panoguide.com/gallery/716/

            • Firma Werbeagentur LOGO-TEC Laas Tietje
              Message 6 of 25 , Nov 6, 2008
                Hi Robert
                Thank you for the tip about Eugene O. Goldbeck. I found some nice
                ones here:
                http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/panoramic_photography/
                panoramic_home.html

                Am 06.11.2008 um 15:19 schrieb robert_harshman:

                > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Firma Werbeagentur LOGO-TEC Laas
                > Tietje <ltietje@...> wrote:
                > >
                > > Hi to the active posters!
                > > I neeed an urgent help! A customer wants me to make a pano of about
                > > 180 persons standing around the cam. Has anyone an "example" for me?
                >
                > 180 people, every 2 degrees? hm....sounds like a 360 :)
                >
                > But seriously, see if you can find any book or example from the real
                > master of large group photography, Eugene O. Goldbeck.
                >
                > He was a true pioneer in panormamic photography and even did amazing
                > group photo's of army battallions arranged to mirror their logo, yet
                > you could still see everyone's face. Paraprhasing " if a customer
                > can't see their face, they won't buy a print." Many times he would
                > build a platform just for the shoot.
                >
                > Well worth a look.
                >
                > Regards,
                >
                > Robert Harshman

                Mit freundlichen Grüßen

                Laas Tietje
                Werbeagentur LOGO-TEC - Unter den Pfählen 7 - 38229 Salzgitter
                Tel: 05341/53035 - Fax: 05341/659479 - ISDN: 05341/852465
                info@... - http://www.logo-tec.de

                360º Panoramafotos - http://www.panorama.logo-tec.de
                Hochfotos (15m Höhe) - http://www.bird-view.de
                Salzgitter Panoramas: http://www.salzgitter.360cities.net

                Member:

                http://www.ivrpa.org

              • Firma Werbeagentur LOGO-TEC Laas Tietje
                Message 7 of 25 , Nov 6, 2008
                  Better this link: http://tinyurl.com/yyl2cf
                  Am 06.11.2008 um 17:55 schrieb Firma Werbeagentur LOGO-TEC Laas Tietje:

                  > Hi Robert
                  > Thank you for the tip about Eugene O. Goldbeck. I found some nice
                  > ones here:
                  > http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/panoramic_photography/
                  > panoramic_home.html
                  >
                  > Am 06.11.2008 um 15:19 schrieb robert_harshman:
                  >
                  > > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Firma Werbeagentur LOGO-TEC Laas
                  > > Tietje <ltietje@...> wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > Hi to the active posters!
                  > > > I neeed an urgent help! A customer wants me to make a pano of
                  > about
                  > > > 180 persons standing around the cam. Has anyone an "example"
                  > for me?
                  > >
                  > > 180 people, every 2 degrees? hm....sounds like a 360 :)
                  > >
                  > > But seriously, see if you can find any book or example from the real
                  > > master of large group photography, Eugene O. Goldbeck.
                  > >
                  > > He was a true pioneer in panormamic photography and even did amazing
                  > > group photo's of army battallions arranged to mirror their logo, yet
                  > > you could still see everyone's face. Paraprhasing " if a customer
                  > > can't see their face, they won't buy a print." Many times he would
                  > > build a platform just for the shoot.
                  > >
                  > > Well worth a look.
                  > >
                  > > Regards,
                  > >
                  > > Robert Harshman
                  > >

                  > Mit freundlichen Grüßen
                  >
                  > Laas Tietje
                  > Werbeagentur LOGO-TEC - Unter den Pfählen 7 - 38229 Salzgitter
                  > Tel: 05341/53035 - Fax: 05341/659479 - ISDN: 05341/852465
                  > info@... - http://www.logo-tec.de
                  >
                  > 360º Panoramafotos - http://www.panorama.logo-tec.de
                  > Hochfotos (15m Höhe) - http://www.bird-view.de
                  > Salzgitter Panoramas: http://www.salzgitter.360cities.net
                  >
                  > Member:
                  >

                  > http://www.ivrpa.org

                  Mit freundlichen Grüßen

                  Laas Tietje
                  Werbeagentur LOGO-TEC - Unter den Pfählen 7 - 38229 Salzgitter
                  Tel: 05341/53035 - Fax: 05341/659479 - ISDN: 05341/852465
                  info@... - http://www.logo-tec.de

                  360º Panoramafotos - http://www.panorama.logo-tec.de
                  Hochfotos (15m Höhe) - http://www.bird-view.de
                  Salzgitter Panoramas: http://www.salzgitter.360cities.net

                  Member:

                  http://www.ivrpa.org

                • Hans Nyberg
                  Message 8 of 25 , Nov 6, 2008
                    <ltietje@...> wrote:

                    > Hi Robert
                    > Thank you for the tip about Eugene O. Goldbeck. I found some nice
                    > ones here:
                    > http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/panoramic_photography/
                    > panoramic_home.html

                    This one will be hard to beat
                    Zoomify
                    http://photodes100ans.com/

                    360 with fullscreen
                    http://www.photodes100ans.com/photo-360.htm

                    Hans
                  • CW
                    Message 9 of 25 , Nov 6, 2008
                      Anyone care to guess what focal length and pano head was used to shoot this?
                      If the FOV was say 5 degrees, implying at least a focal length of 200mm+
                      there would have been 400-500 shots taken, which would result in a
                      gigapixel+ image. Something like that, yes/no?

                      Colin

                        > Anyone care to guess what focal length and pano head was used to shoot this?
                        > If the FOV was say 5 degrees, implying at least a focal length of 200mm+
                        > there would have been 400-500 shots taken, which would result in a
                        > gigapixel+ image. Something like that, yes/no?

                        No
                        If you read the page you see that this was a Roundshot.
                        http://photodes100ans.com/roundshot-d3.htm

                        Hans

                      • CW
                        Message 11 of 25 , Nov 6, 2008
                          As it wasn't in English, I didn't read it-no arrogance intended. I'll read
                          the Roundshot site. They have an English version.

                          Colin

                          Message 12 of 25 , Nov 6, 2008
                            If one doesn't have a Seitx camera, which is about $35K USD, how could this
                            photo (http://photodes100ans.com/) be constructed?

                            Colin

                            From: PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com <mailto:PanoToolsNG%40yahoogroups.com>

                            Message 13 of 25 , Nov 6, 2008
                              hi colin,

                              the resolution isn't crazy high, the final panorama has 48000x5500px.
                              to get there, guessing that it was taken with a 5D, you can take two rows of 24 at around 65mm focal length, so 48 shots is all that it takes to make this one. (still 25% overkill for the 255x36cm print size).

                              still a nice example.

                              -joergen

                              > Anyone care to guess what focal length and pano head was
                              > used to shoot this?
                              > If the FOV was say 5 degrees, implying at least a focal
                              > length of 200mm+
                              > there would have been 400-500 shots taken, which would
                              > result in a
                              > gigapixel+ image. Something like that, yes/no?
                              >

                              > Colin

                            • Joergen Geerds
                              Message 14 of 25 , Nov 6, 2008
                                bummer, my french isn't good enough, and i forgot about the roundshot, which makes things like this very easy (only 1-4 sec for a 360?)

                                thx for digging that up
                                -joergen

                                > > Anyone care to guess what focal length and pano head
                                > was used to shoot this?
                                > > If the FOV was say 5 degrees, implying at least a
                                > focal length of 200mm+
                                > > there would have been 400-500 shots taken, which would
                                > result in a
                                > > gigapixel+ image. Something like that, yes/no?
                                >
                                > No
                                > If you read the page you see that this was a Roundshot.
                                > http://photodes100ans.com/roundshot-d3.htm
                                >
                                > Hans

                              • Hans Nyberg
                                Message 15 of 25 , Nov 6, 2008
                                  --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "CW" <cwest@...> wrote:

                                  > If one doesn't have a Seitx camera, which is about $35K USD, how could this
                                  > photo (http://photodes100ans.com/) be constructed?

                                  It all depends on what resolution you really need.
                                  I doubt that you would ever need more than 22000 pixels width for this.
                                  That means that you can use a 28mm lens on a 5D with only 10 images,

                                  22000 pixels means 1,8meters at 300ppi.

                                  Hans
                                • Hans Nyberg
                                  Message 16 of 25 , Nov 6, 2008

                                    > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "CW" <cwest@> wrote:
                                    > >
                                    > > If one doesn't have a Seitx camera, which is about $35K USD, how could this
                                    > > photo (http://photodes100ans.com/) be constructed?
                                    >
                                    > It all depends on what resolution you really need.
                                    > I doubt that you would ever need more than 22000 pixels width for this.
                                    > That means that you can use a 28mm lens on a 5D with only 10 images,
                                    >
                                    > 22000 pixels means 1,8meters at 300ppi.

                                    That would also helped getting the people in the frontline sharp. If you zoom in you see
                                    they are not.

                                    Actually in this low light situation I would have prefered a 12mp with a 1,5 sensor and a
                                    20mm lens for better depth of field

                                    Hans
                                  • CW
                                    Message 17 of 25 , Nov 6, 2008
                                      If you zoom in to the max that the the image allows, do you consider the
                                      image not sharp? For the image to be sharper, what focal length would you
                                      use?

                                      Colin

                                    • jlemon0721@yahoo.com
                                      Message 18 of 25 , Nov 9, 2011
                                        Bedford and north 10th street
                                        Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

                                        From: "Mark Fink" <markdfink@...>
                                        Sender: PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com
                                        Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2011 18:19:39 -0500
                                        To: <PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com>
                                        ReplyTo: PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com
                                        Subject: RE: [PanoToolsNG] (unknown)

                                        That depends – Williamsburg , Where?

                                        Mark

                                        Message 19 of 25 , Jun 8, 2013
                                          Sorry for the noise folks. Another compromised account by the look. The usual steps have been taken.

                                          KathyW,
                                          Co-owner / moderator, PanoToolsNG