Re: (unknown)

  • sphereworks
    Message 1 of 25 , Nov 6, 2008
      No prob, I think there's about 500 people in that pano.

      Pete
      www.sphereworks.co.uk

      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, T-online <ltietje@...> wrote:

      > Thank u 4 quick help, Pete! U helped me!
      > Laas
      >
      > Laas Tietje, Werbeagentur LOGO-TEC
      > Unter der Pfählen 7, 38229 Salzgitter
      > , phone 0049 5341 53035
      > w.logo-tec.de, info@...
      > Sent by Apple's iPhone
      >
      > Am 06.11.2008 um 11:41 schrieb "sphereworks" <sphereworkspete@...
      > >:
      >
      > > Carel Struycken has one somewhere on his site -
      > > http://www.sphericalpanoramas.com/
      > >
      > > I've a wedding pano on my blog, though not 180 people -
      > > http://www.sphereworks.co.uk/blog.php
      > >
      > > Cheers,
      > >
      > > Pete
      > > www.sphereworks.co.uk
      > >
      > > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Firma Werbeagentur LOGO-TEC
      Laas
      > > Tietje <ltietje@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hi to the active posters!
      > > > I neeed an urgent help! A customer wants me to make a pano of
      > > about
      > > > 180 persons standing around the cam. Has anyone an "example" for
      > > me?
      > > > I remember, i´ve seen a wedding pano like this..
      > > > Thank u for help
      > > > Laas Tietje
      > > > Werbeagentur LOGO-TEC - Unter den Pfählen 7 - 38229
      Salzgitter
      > > > Tel: 05341/53035 - Fax: 05341/659479 - ISDN: 05341/852465
      > > > info@ - http://www.logo-tec.de
      > > >
      > > > 360º Panoramafotos - http://www.panorama.logo-tec.de
      > > > Hochfotos (15m Höhe) - http://www.bird-view.de
      > > > Salzgitter Panoramas: http://www.salzgitter.360cities.net
      > > >

      > > > http://www.ivrpa.org

    • Willy Kaemena
      Message 2 of 25 , Nov 6, 2008
        and Carl doesn't need a pole for that ;-)) .... http://www.sphericalpanoramas.com/nextfest.html

        Willy Kaemena

        http://bremen.360cities.net/
        http://syria.360cities.net/
        http://lisbon.360cities.net/

        On Nov 6, 2008, at 12:03, sphereworks wrote:

        > No prob, I think there's about 500 people in that pano.
        >
        > Pete
        > www.sphereworks.co.uk
        >
        > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, T-online <ltietje@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > Thank u 4 quick help, Pete! U helped me!
        > > Laas
        > >
        > > Laas Tietje, Werbeagentur LOGO-TEC
        > > Unter der Pf��hlen 7, 38229 Salzgitter
        > > , phone 0049 5341 53035
        > > w.logo-tec.de, info@...
        > > Sent by Apple's iPhone
        > >
        > > Am 06.11.2008 um 11:41 schrieb "sphereworks" <sphereworkspete@...
        > > >:
        > >
        > > > Carel Struycken has one somewhere on his site -
        > > > http://www.sphericalpanoramas.com/
        > > >
        > > > I've a wedding pano on my blog, though not 180 people -
        > > > http://www.sphereworks.co.uk/blog.php
        > > >
        > > > Cheers,
        > > >
        > > > Pete
        > > > www.sphereworks.co.uk
        > > >
        > > > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Firma Werbeagentur LOGO-TEC
        > Laas

        > > > about
        > > > me?
        > Salzgitter

        Willy Kaemena

        http://bremen.360cities.net/
        http://syria.360cities.net/
        http://lisbon.360cities.net/

      • Hans Nyberg
        Message 3 of 25 , Nov 6, 2008
          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Willy Kaemena <panokaemena@...> wrote:

          > and Carl doesn't need a pole for that ;-)) ....
          http://www.sphericalpanoramas.com/nextfest.html

          Just remember that if you are supposed to print it as a flat panorama you can not have
          people as close as in that panorama.
          And you also need a "break" at the ends so that people are not cut in half.

          I think the way you do it depends entirely on the place you have for taking it.

          A short pole 2-3 meters up is probably nice if the environment is something like in Carels
          pano.

          Hans
        • Flemming V. Larsen
          Message 4 of 25 , Nov 6, 2008
            ...and for web you should consider using one of the alternate projections in
            KRpano to avoid fat people in the corners.....
            - Flemming
          • T-online
            Message 5 of 25 , Nov 6, 2008
              Many thanks for your replies - I will show the results later!

              Am 06.11.2008 um 13:39 schrieb "Flemming V. Larsen" <fvl@...
              >:

              > ...and for web you should consider using one of the alternate
              > projections in
              > KRpano to avoid fat people in the corners.....
              > - Flemming

            • Joergen Geerds
              Message 6 of 25 , Nov 6, 2008
                Hi Laas, I shot a 70 people pano group shot in summer:
                http://newyorkpanorama.com/2008/06/01/yosemite-extreme-panorama-project/

                a couple of things to look out for:
                have the group come close in (5-7m circle diameter), shoot multiples of each frame, and be prepared for some creative (aka manual) blending work in photoshop.

                good luck
                joergen

                > I neeed an urgent help! A customer wants me to make a pano
                > of about
                > 180 persons standing around the cam. Has anyone an
                > "example" for me?
                > I remember, i´ve seen a wedding pano like this..
                > Thank u for help
                > Laas Tietje
              • robert_harshman
                Message 7 of 25 , Nov 6, 2008
                  Tietje <ltietje@...> wrote:

                  > Hi to the active posters!
                  > I neeed an urgent help! A customer wants me to make a pano of about
                  > 180 persons standing around the cam. Has anyone an "example" for me?

                  180 people, every 2 degrees? hm....sounds like a 360 :)

                  But seriously, see if you can find any book or example from the real
                  master of large group photography, Eugene O. Goldbeck.

                  He was a true pioneer in panormamic photography and even did amazing
                  group photo's of army battallions arranged to mirror their logo, yet
                  you could still see everyone's face. Paraprhasing " if a customer
                  can't see their face, they won't buy a print." Many times he would
                  build a platform just for the shoot.

                  Well worth a look.

                  Regards,

                  Robert Harshman
                • Henri Smeets
                  Message 8 of 25 , Nov 6, 2008
                    Hi Laas,

                    I took one of a wedding, not around the cam though:
                    http://www.lookaround.be/claudia_gijs/ Don't make the same mistake I made
                    however, many people were looking straight into the sun, hence the squinting
                    :(

                    A saw another here:
                    http://www.panoguide.com/gallery/716/

                  • Firma Werbeagentur LOGO-TEC Laas Tietje
                    Message 9 of 25 , Nov 6, 2008
                      Hi Robert
                      Thank you for the tip about Eugene O. Goldbeck. I found some nice
                      ones here:
                      http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/panoramic_photography/
                      panoramic_home.html

                      Am 06.11.2008 um 15:19 schrieb robert_harshman:

                      > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Firma Werbeagentur LOGO-TEC Laas
                      > Tietje <ltietje@...> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > Hi to the active posters!
                      > > I neeed an urgent help! A customer wants me to make a pano of about
                      > > 180 persons standing around the cam. Has anyone an "example" for me?
                      >
                      > 180 people, every 2 degrees? hm....sounds like a 360 :)
                      >
                      > But seriously, see if you can find any book or example from the real
                      > master of large group photography, Eugene O. Goldbeck.
                      >
                      > He was a true pioneer in panormamic photography and even did amazing
                      > group photo's of army battallions arranged to mirror their logo, yet
                      > you could still see everyone's face. Paraprhasing " if a customer
                      > can't see their face, they won't buy a print." Many times he would
                      > build a platform just for the shoot.
                      >
                      > Well worth a look.
                      >
                      > Regards,
                      >
                      > Robert Harshman

                      Mit freundlichen Grüßen

                      Laas Tietje
                      Werbeagentur LOGO-TEC - Unter den Pfählen 7 - 38229 Salzgitter
                      Tel: 05341/53035 - Fax: 05341/659479 - ISDN: 05341/852465
                      info@... - http://www.logo-tec.de

                      360º Panoramafotos - http://www.panorama.logo-tec.de
                      Hochfotos (15m Höhe) - http://www.bird-view.de
                      Salzgitter Panoramas: http://www.salzgitter.360cities.net

                      Member:

                      http://www.ivrpa.org

                    • Firma Werbeagentur LOGO-TEC Laas Tietje
                      Message 10 of 25 , Nov 6, 2008
                        Better this link: http://tinyurl.com/yyl2cf

                        Message 11 of 25 , Nov 6, 2008
                          <ltietje@...> wrote:

                          > Hi Robert
                          > Thank you for the tip about Eugene O. Goldbeck. I found some nice
                          > ones here:
                          > http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/panoramic_photography/
                          > panoramic_home.html

                          This one will be hard to beat
                          Zoomify
                          http://photodes100ans.com/

                          360 with fullscreen
                          http://www.photodes100ans.com/photo-360.htm

                          Hans
                        • CW
                          Message 12 of 25 , Nov 6, 2008
                            Anyone care to guess what focal length and pano head was used to shoot this?
                            If the FOV was say 5 degrees, implying at least a focal length of 200mm+
                            there would have been 400-500 shots taken, which would result in a
                            gigapixel+ image. Something like that, yes/no?

                            Colin

                              > Anyone care to guess what focal length and pano head was used to shoot this?
                              > If the FOV was say 5 degrees, implying at least a focal length of 200mm+
                              > there would have been 400-500 shots taken, which would result in a
                              > gigapixel+ image. Something like that, yes/no?

                              No
                              If you read the page you see that this was a Roundshot.
                              http://photodes100ans.com/roundshot-d3.htm

                              Hans

                            • CW
                              Message 14 of 25 , Nov 6, 2008
                                As it wasn't in English, I didn't read it-no arrogance intended. I'll read
                                the Roundshot site. They have an English version.

                                Colin

                                Message 15 of 25 , Nov 6, 2008
                                  If one doesn't have a Seitx camera, which is about $35K USD, how could this
                                  photo (http://photodes100ans.com/) be constructed?

                                  Colin

                                  From: PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com <mailto:PanoToolsNG%40yahoogroups.com>

                                  Message 16 of 25 , Nov 6, 2008
                                    hi colin,

                                    the resolution isn't crazy high, the final panorama has 48000x5500px.
                                    to get there, guessing that it was taken with a 5D, you can take two rows of 24 at around 65mm focal length, so 48 shots is all that it takes to make this one. (still 25% overkill for the 255x36cm print size).

                                    still a nice example.

                                    -joergen

                                    > Anyone care to guess what focal length and pano head was
                                    > used to shoot this?
                                    > If the FOV was say 5 degrees, implying at least a focal
                                    > length of 200mm+
                                    > there would have been 400-500 shots taken, which would
                                    > result in a
                                    > gigapixel+ image. Something like that, yes/no?
                                    >

                                    > Colin

                                  • Joergen Geerds
                                    Message 17 of 25 , Nov 6, 2008
                                      bummer, my french isn't good enough, and i forgot about the roundshot, which makes things like this very easy (only 1-4 sec for a 360?)

                                      thx for digging that up
                                      -joergen

                                      > > Anyone care to guess what focal length and pano head
                                      > was used to shoot this?
                                      > > If the FOV was say 5 degrees, implying at least a
                                      > focal length of 200mm+
                                      > > there would have been 400-500 shots taken, which would
                                      > result in a
                                      > > gigapixel+ image. Something like that, yes/no?
                                      >
                                      > No
                                      > If you read the page you see that this was a Roundshot.
                                      > http://photodes100ans.com/roundshot-d3.htm
                                      >
                                      > Hans

                                    • Hans Nyberg
                                      Message 18 of 25 , Nov 6, 2008
                                        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "CW" <cwest@...> wrote:

                                        > If one doesn't have a Seitx camera, which is about $35K USD, how could this
                                        > photo (http://photodes100ans.com/) be constructed?

                                        It all depends on what resolution you really need.
                                        I doubt that you would ever need more than 22000 pixels width for this.
                                        That means that you can use a 28mm lens on a 5D with only 10 images,

                                        22000 pixels means 1,8meters at 300ppi.

                                        Hans
                                      • Hans Nyberg
                                        Message 19 of 25 , Nov 6, 2008

                                          > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "CW" <cwest@> wrote:
                                          > >
                                          > > If one doesn't have a Seitx camera, which is about $35K USD, how could this
                                          > > photo (http://photodes100ans.com/) be constructed?
                                          >
                                          > It all depends on what resolution you really need.
                                          > I doubt that you would ever need more than 22000 pixels width for this.
                                          > That means that you can use a 28mm lens on a 5D with only 10 images,
                                          >
                                          > 22000 pixels means 1,8meters at 300ppi.

                                          That would also helped getting the people in the frontline sharp. If you zoom in you see
                                          they are not.

                                          Actually in this low light situation I would have prefered a 12mp with a 1,5 sensor and a
                                          20mm lens for better depth of field

                                          Hans
                                        • CW
                                          Message 20 of 25 , Nov 6, 2008
                                            If you zoom in to the max that the the image allows, do you consider the
                                            image not sharp? For the image to be sharper, what focal length would you
                                            use?

                                            Colin

                                          • jlemon0721@yahoo.com
                                            Message 21 of 25 , Nov 9, 2011
                                              Bedford and north 10th street
                                              Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

                                              From: "Mark Fink" <markdfink@...>
                                              Sender: PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com
                                              Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2011 18:19:39 -0500
                                              To: <PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com>
                                              ReplyTo: PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com
                                              Subject: RE: [PanoToolsNG] (unknown)

                                              That depends – Williamsburg , Where?

                                              Mark

                                              Message 22 of 25 , Jun 8, 2013
                                                Sorry for the noise folks. Another compromised account by the look. The usual steps have been taken.

                                                KathyW,
                                                Co-owner / moderator, PanoToolsNG