  • sphereworks
    Message 1 of 25 , Nov 6, 2008
      Carel Struycken has one somewhere on his site -
      http://www.sphericalpanoramas.com/

      I've a wedding pano on my blog, though not 180 people -
      http://www.sphereworks.co.uk/blog.php

      Cheers,

      Pete
      www.sphereworks.co.uk

      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Firma Werbeagentur LOGO-TEC Laas
      Tietje <ltietje@...> wrote:

      > Hi to the active posters!
      > I neeed an urgent help! A customer wants me to make a pano of
      about
      > 180 persons standing around the cam. Has anyone an "example" for
      me?
      > I remember, i´ve seen a wedding pano like this..
      > Thank u for help
      > Laas Tietje
      > Werbeagentur LOGO-TEC - Unter den Pfählen 7 - 38229 Salzgitter
      > Tel: 05341/53035 - Fax: 05341/659479 - ISDN: 05341/852465
      > info@... - http://www.logo-tec.de
      >
      > 360º Panoramafotos - http://www.panorama.logo-tec.de
      > Hochfotos (15m Höhe) - http://www.bird-view.de
      > Salzgitter Panoramas: http://www.salzgitter.360cities.net
      >

      > http://www.ivrpa.org

    • T-online
      Message 2 of 25 , Nov 6, 2008
        Thank u 4 quick help, Pete! U helped me!
        Laas

        Laas Tietje, Werbeagentur LOGO-TEC
        Unter der Pfählen 7, 38229 Salzgitter
        , phone 0049 5341 53035
        w.logo-tec.de, info@...
        Sent by Apple's iPhone

        Am 06.11.2008 um 11:41 schrieb "sphereworks" <sphereworkspete@...
        >:

        > Carel Struycken has one somewhere on his site -
        > http://www.sphericalpanoramas.com/
        >
        > I've a wedding pano on my blog, though not 180 people -
        > http://www.sphereworks.co.uk/blog.php
        >
        > Cheers,
        >
        > Pete
        > www.sphereworks.co.uk
        >
        > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Firma Werbeagentur LOGO-TEC Laas
        > Tietje <ltietje@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hi to the active posters!
        > > I neeed an urgent help! A customer wants me to make a pano of
        > about
        > > 180 persons standing around the cam. Has anyone an "example" for
        > me?
        > > I remember, i´ve seen a wedding pano like this..
        > > Thank u for help
        > > Laas Tietje
        > > Werbeagentur LOGO-TEC - Unter den Pfählen 7 - 38229 Salzgitter
        > > Tel: 05341/53035 - Fax: 05341/659479 - ISDN: 05341/852465
        > > info@... - http://www.logo-tec.de
        > >
        > > 360º Panoramafotos - http://www.panorama.logo-tec.de
        > > Hochfotos (15m Höhe) - http://www.bird-view.de
        > > Salzgitter Panoramas: http://www.salzgitter.360cities.net
        > >

        > > http://www.ivrpa.org

      • sphereworks
        Message 3 of 25 , Nov 6, 2008
          No prob, I think there's about 500 people in that pano.

          Pete
          www.sphereworks.co.uk

          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, T-online <ltietje@...> wrote:

          > Thank u 4 quick help, Pete! U helped me!
          > Laas
          >
          > Laas Tietje, Werbeagentur LOGO-TEC
          > Unter der Pfählen 7, 38229 Salzgitter
          > , phone 0049 5341 53035
          > w.logo-tec.de, info@...
          > Sent by Apple's iPhone
          >
          > Am 06.11.2008 um 11:41 schrieb "sphereworks" <sphereworkspete@...
          > >:
          >
          > > Carel Struycken has one somewhere on his site -
          > > http://www.sphericalpanoramas.com/
          > >
          > > I've a wedding pano on my blog, though not 180 people -
          > > http://www.sphereworks.co.uk/blog.php
          > >
          > > Cheers,
          > >
          > > Pete
          > > www.sphereworks.co.uk
          > >
          > > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Firma Werbeagentur LOGO-TEC
          Laas
          > > Tietje <ltietje@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Hi to the active posters!
          > > > I neeed an urgent help! A customer wants me to make a pano of
          > > about
          > > > 180 persons standing around the cam. Has anyone an "example" for
          > > me?
          > > > I remember, i´ve seen a wedding pano like this..
          > > > Thank u for help
          > > > Laas Tietje
          > > > Werbeagentur LOGO-TEC - Unter den Pfählen 7 - 38229
          Salzgitter
          > > > Tel: 05341/53035 - Fax: 05341/659479 - ISDN: 05341/852465
          > > > info@ - http://www.logo-tec.de
          > > >
          > > > 360º Panoramafotos - http://www.panorama.logo-tec.de
          > > > Hochfotos (15m Höhe) - http://www.bird-view.de
          > > > Salzgitter Panoramas: http://www.salzgitter.360cities.net
          > > >

          > > > http://www.ivrpa.org

        • Willy Kaemena
          Message 4 of 25 , Nov 6, 2008
            and Carl doesn't need a pole for that ;-)) .... http://www.sphericalpanoramas.com/nextfest.html

            Willy Kaemena

            http://bremen.360cities.net/
            http://syria.360cities.net/
            http://lisbon.360cities.net/

            On Nov 6, 2008, at 12:03, sphereworks wrote:

            > No prob, I think there's about 500 people in that pano.
            >
            > Pete
            > www.sphereworks.co.uk
            >
            > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, T-online <ltietje@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > Thank u 4 quick help, Pete! U helped me!
            > > Laas
            > >
            > > Laas Tietje, Werbeagentur LOGO-TEC
            > > Unter der Pf��hlen 7, 38229 Salzgitter
            > > , phone 0049 5341 53035
            > > w.logo-tec.de, info@...
            > > Sent by Apple's iPhone
            > >
            > > Am 06.11.2008 um 11:41 schrieb "sphereworks" <sphereworkspete@...
            > > >:
            > >
            > > > Carel Struycken has one somewhere on his site -
            > > > http://www.sphericalpanoramas.com/
            > > >
            > > > I've a wedding pano on my blog, though not 180 people -
            > > > http://www.sphereworks.co.uk/blog.php
            > > >
            > > > Cheers,
            > > >
            > > > Pete
            > > > www.sphereworks.co.uk
            > > >
            > > > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Firma Werbeagentur LOGO-TEC
            > Laas

            > > > about
            > > > me?
            > Salzgitter

            Willy Kaemena

            http://bremen.360cities.net/
            http://syria.360cities.net/
            http://lisbon.360cities.net/

          • Hans Nyberg
            Message 5 of 25 , Nov 6, 2008
              --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Willy Kaemena <panokaemena@...> wrote:

              > and Carl doesn't need a pole for that ;-)) ....
              http://www.sphericalpanoramas.com/nextfest.html

              Just remember that if you are supposed to print it as a flat panorama you can not have
              people as close as in that panorama.
              And you also need a "break" at the ends so that people are not cut in half.

              I think the way you do it depends entirely on the place you have for taking it.

              A short pole 2-3 meters up is probably nice if the environment is something like in Carels
              pano.

              Hans
            • Flemming V. Larsen
              Message 6 of 25 , Nov 6, 2008
                ...and for web you should consider using one of the alternate projections in
                KRpano to avoid fat people in the corners.....
                - Flemming
              • T-online
                Message 7 of 25 , Nov 6, 2008
                  Many thanks for your replies - I will show the results later!
                  Laas

                  Am 06.11.2008 um 13:39 schrieb "Flemming V. Larsen" <fvl@...
                  >:

                  > ...and for web you should consider using one of the alternate
                  > projections in
                  > KRpano to avoid fat people in the corners.....
                  > - Flemming

                • Joergen Geerds
                  Message 8 of 25 , Nov 6, 2008
                    Hi Laas, I shot a 70 people pano group shot in summer:
                    http://newyorkpanorama.com/2008/06/01/yosemite-extreme-panorama-project/

                    a couple of things to look out for:
                    have the group come close in (5-7m circle diameter), shoot multiples of each frame, and be prepared for some creative (aka manual) blending work in photoshop.

                    good luck
                    joergen

                    > I neeed an urgent help! A customer wants me to make a pano
                    > of about
                    > 180 persons standing around the cam. Has anyone an
                    > "example" for me?
                    > I remember, i´ve seen a wedding pano like this..
                    > Thank u for help
                    > Laas Tietje
                  • robert_harshman
                    Message 9 of 25 , Nov 6, 2008
                      Tietje <ltietje@...> wrote:

                      > Hi to the active posters!
                      > I neeed an urgent help! A customer wants me to make a pano of about
                      > 180 persons standing around the cam. Has anyone an "example" for me?

                      180 people, every 2 degrees? hm....sounds like a 360 :)

                      But seriously, see if you can find any book or example from the real
                      master of large group photography, Eugene O. Goldbeck.

                      He was a true pioneer in panormamic photography and even did amazing
                      group photo's of army battallions arranged to mirror their logo, yet
                      you could still see everyone's face. Paraprhasing " if a customer
                      can't see their face, they won't buy a print." Many times he would
                      build a platform just for the shoot.

                      Well worth a look.

                      Regards,

                      Robert Harshman
                    • Henri Smeets
                      Message 10 of 25 , Nov 6, 2008
                        Hi Laas,

                        I took one of a wedding, not around the cam though:
                        http://www.lookaround.be/claudia_gijs/ Don't make the same mistake I made
                        however, many people were looking straight into the sun, hence the squinting
                        :(

                        A saw another here:
                        http://www.panoguide.com/gallery/716/

                      • Firma Werbeagentur LOGO-TEC Laas Tietje
                        Message 11 of 25 , Nov 6, 2008
                          Hi Robert
                          Thank you for the tip about Eugene O. Goldbeck. I found some nice
                          ones here:
                          http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/panoramic_photography/
                          panoramic_home.html

                          Am 06.11.2008 um 15:19 schrieb robert_harshman:

                          > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Firma Werbeagentur LOGO-TEC Laas
                          > Tietje <ltietje@...> wrote:
                          > >
                          > > Hi to the active posters!
                          > > I neeed an urgent help! A customer wants me to make a pano of about
                          > > 180 persons standing around the cam. Has anyone an "example" for me?
                          >
                          > 180 people, every 2 degrees? hm....sounds like a 360 :)
                          >
                          > But seriously, see if you can find any book or example from the real
                          > master of large group photography, Eugene O. Goldbeck.
                          >
                          > He was a true pioneer in panormamic photography and even did amazing
                          > group photo's of army battallions arranged to mirror their logo, yet
                          > you could still see everyone's face. Paraprhasing " if a customer
                          > can't see their face, they won't buy a print." Many times he would
                          > build a platform just for the shoot.
                          >
                          > Well worth a look.
                          >
                          > Regards,
                          >
                          > Robert Harshman

                          Mit freundlichen Grüßen

                          Laas Tietje
                          Werbeagentur LOGO-TEC - Unter den Pfählen 7 - 38229 Salzgitter
                          Tel: 05341/53035 - Fax: 05341/659479 - ISDN: 05341/852465
                          info@... - http://www.logo-tec.de

                          360º Panoramafotos - http://www.panorama.logo-tec.de
                          Hochfotos (15m Höhe) - http://www.bird-view.de
                          Salzgitter Panoramas: http://www.salzgitter.360cities.net

                          Member:

                          http://www.ivrpa.org

                        • Firma Werbeagentur LOGO-TEC Laas Tietje
                          Message 12 of 25 , Nov 6, 2008
                            Better this link: http://tinyurl.com/yyl2cf

                            Message 13 of 25 , Nov 6, 2008
                              <ltietje@...> wrote:

                              > Hi Robert
                              > Thank you for the tip about Eugene O. Goldbeck. I found some nice
                              > ones here:
                              > http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/panoramic_photography/
                              > panoramic_home.html

                              This one will be hard to beat
                              Zoomify
                              http://photodes100ans.com/

                              360 with fullscreen
                              http://www.photodes100ans.com/photo-360.htm

                              Hans
                            • CW
                              Message 14 of 25 , Nov 6, 2008
                                Anyone care to guess what focal length and pano head was used to shoot this?
                                If the FOV was say 5 degrees, implying at least a focal length of 200mm+
                                there would have been 400-500 shots taken, which would result in a
                                gigapixel+ image. Something like that, yes/no?

                                Colin

                                  > Anyone care to guess what focal length and pano head was used to shoot this?
                                  > If the FOV was say 5 degrees, implying at least a focal length of 200mm+
                                  > there would have been 400-500 shots taken, which would result in a
                                  > gigapixel+ image. Something like that, yes/no?

                                  No
                                  If you read the page you see that this was a Roundshot.
                                  http://photodes100ans.com/roundshot-d3.htm

                                  Hans

                                • CW
                                  Message 16 of 25 , Nov 6, 2008
                                    As it wasn't in English, I didn't read it-no arrogance intended. I'll read
                                    the Roundshot site. They have an English version.

                                    Colin

                                    Message 17 of 25 , Nov 6, 2008
                                      If one doesn't have a Seitx camera, which is about $35K USD, how could this
                                      photo (http://photodes100ans.com/) be constructed?

                                      Colin

                                      From: PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com <mailto:PanoToolsNG%40yahoogroups.com>

                                      Message 18 of 25 , Nov 6, 2008
                                        hi colin,

                                        the resolution isn't crazy high, the final panorama has 48000x5500px.
                                        to get there, guessing that it was taken with a 5D, you can take two rows of 24 at around 65mm focal length, so 48 shots is all that it takes to make this one. (still 25% overkill for the 255x36cm print size).

                                        still a nice example.

                                        -joergen

                                        > Anyone care to guess what focal length and pano head was
                                        > used to shoot this?
                                        > If the FOV was say 5 degrees, implying at least a focal
                                        > length of 200mm+
                                        > there would have been 400-500 shots taken, which would
                                        > result in a
                                        > gigapixel+ image. Something like that, yes/no?
                                        >

                                        > Colin

                                      • Joergen Geerds
                                        Message 19 of 25 , Nov 6, 2008
                                          bummer, my french isn't good enough, and i forgot about the roundshot, which makes things like this very easy (only 1-4 sec for a 360?)

                                          thx for digging that up
                                          -joergen

                                          > > Anyone care to guess what focal length and pano head
                                          > was used to shoot this?
                                          > > If the FOV was say 5 degrees, implying at least a
                                          > focal length of 200mm+
                                          > > there would have been 400-500 shots taken, which would
                                          > result in a
                                          > > gigapixel+ image. Something like that, yes/no?
                                          >
                                          > No
                                          > If you read the page you see that this was a Roundshot.
                                          > http://photodes100ans.com/roundshot-d3.htm
                                          >
                                          > Hans

                                        • Hans Nyberg
                                          Message 20 of 25 , Nov 6, 2008
                                            --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "CW" <cwest@...> wrote:

                                            > If one doesn't have a Seitx camera, which is about $35K USD, how could this
                                            > photo (http://photodes100ans.com/) be constructed?

                                            It all depends on what resolution you really need.
                                            I doubt that you would ever need more than 22000 pixels width for this.
                                            That means that you can use a 28mm lens on a 5D with only 10 images,

                                            22000 pixels means 1,8meters at 300ppi.

                                            Hans
                                          • Hans Nyberg
                                            Message 21 of 25 , Nov 6, 2008

                                              > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "CW" <cwest@> wrote:
                                              > >
                                              > > If one doesn't have a Seitx camera, which is about $35K USD, how could this
                                              > > photo (http://photodes100ans.com/) be constructed?
                                              >
                                              > It all depends on what resolution you really need.
                                              > I doubt that you would ever need more than 22000 pixels width for this.
                                              > That means that you can use a 28mm lens on a 5D with only 10 images,
                                              >
                                              > 22000 pixels means 1,8meters at 300ppi.

                                              That would also helped getting the people in the frontline sharp. If you zoom in you see
                                              they are not.

                                              Actually in this low light situation I would have prefered a 12mp with a 1,5 sensor and a
                                              20mm lens for better depth of field

                                              Hans
                                            • CW
                                              Message 22 of 25 , Nov 6, 2008
                                                If you zoom in to the max that the the image allows, do you consider the
                                                image not sharp? For the image to be sharper, what focal length would you
                                                use?

                                                Colin

                                              • jlemon0721@yahoo.com
                                                Message 23 of 25 , Nov 9, 2011
                                                  Bedford and north 10th street
                                                  Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

                                                  From: "Mark Fink" <markdfink@...>
                                                  Sender: PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com
                                                  Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2011 18:19:39 -0500
                                                  To: <PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com>
                                                  ReplyTo: PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com
                                                  Subject: RE: [PanoToolsNG] (unknown)

                                                  That depends – Williamsburg , Where?

                                                  Mark

                                                  Message 24 of 25 , Jun 8, 2013
                                                    Sorry for the noise folks. Another compromised account by the look. The usual steps have been taken.

                                                    KathyW,
                                                    Co-owner / moderator, PanoToolsNG