Re: New Sigma 8mm f/3.5 EX DG Circular Fisheye gets excellent review

  • wardnet2001
    Message 1 of 63 , Sep 13, 2006
      My first impression (from this photo)is that the lens has a very
      similar amount of purple green colour fringing. Most evident on the
      tree to the left hand side, and on the black and white stripes of the
      zebra's hind quarters, and other areas of light/dark transition. IMHO
      this is the Sigma's drawback, but I'll still use mine (the older version).

      Bill
    • Eric O'Brien
      Message 63 of 63 , Sep 27, 2006
        An interesting example of where patching the zenith well would be
        difficult because the Sun's image is so near that point. Flare from
        the sun extends into the zenith area, so filling the "hole" with flat
        sky color probably would not quite work.

        eo