RE: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Orchestra panorama

  • Sacha Griffin
    Message 1 of 28 , Nov 4, 2008
      Yes, I agree, but just like yours, you can always hold steady the other end
      of the center column, in case you forget your counter weight.

      I usually shoot with the legs as close as possible, sometimes with lockup,
      in case its wobbly, and then I don't need to angle as much.

      I only need to remember roughly the height of the lens, and eyeball the
      orginal nadir point. Viewpoint handles the parallax. If I have an assistant,
      they can mark the exact original lens location with a finger, until I
      re-setup for the nadir shot.

      That works fast, and usually requires very little viewpoint correction. I
      love not having to retouch the nadir. Shooting an actual shot, is even
      quicker than having to do a photoshop job with clone/heal.

      Sacha Griffin

      Southern Digital Solutions LLC

      http://www.southern-digital.com

      http://www.seeit360.net