Quick Time 7.1.3

  • Krzysztof
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 13, 2006
      Hi all,

      "QuickTime 7.1.3 is an important release that delivers numerous bug
      fixes and addresses critical security issues".

      Regards,
      Krzysztof
    • Thomas Rauscher
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 13, 2006
        Hello Krzysztof,

        on Thursday, September 14, 2006, 00:47:08 you wrote:

        K> "QuickTime 7.1.3 is an important release that delivers numerous bug
        K> fixes and addresses critical security issues".

        And it breaks all embedded Flash tracks for security reasons.
        So no more SpinControl, no embedded sound players, no maps, you name it.

        You have to turn them on at "Plugin Settings" - "Advanced" - "Media
        Types" - "Enable playback of Flashtracks"... Easy, isn't.
        AAAAAAAARRRGGGGGHHHHH. Can't tell how mad I am.

        MfG,
        Thomas.
      • Roger Howard
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 13, 2006
          On Sep 13, 2006, at 6:00 PM, Thomas Rauscher wrote:

          > Hello Krzysztof,
          >
          > on Thursday, September 14, 2006, 00:47:08 you wrote:
          >
          > K> "QuickTime 7.1.3 is an important release that delivers numerous bug
          > K> fixes and addresses critical security issues".
          >
          > And it breaks all embedded Flash tracks for security reasons.
          > So no more SpinControl, no embedded sound players, no maps, you
          > name it.
          >
          > You have to turn them on at "Plugin Settings" - "Advanced" - "Media
          > Types" - "Enable playback of Flashtracks"... Easy, isn't.
          > AAAAAAAARRRGGGGGHHHHH. Can't tell how mad I am.

          Please, please everyone with affected content go through
          bugreporter.apple.com and file a proper report - and bitch about it
          endlessly on the Quicktime and QuicktimeVR lists Apple operates
          (can't hurt, but the bugreport is a MUST).

          -R
        • Krzysztof
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 14, 2006
            --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Thomas Rauscher <yahoo@...> wrote:

            > Hello Krzysztof,
            >
            > AAAAAAAARRRGGGGGHHHHH. Can't tell how mad I am.
            >
            > MfG,
            > Thomas.

            Sorry Thomas... But my mail was just a quotation from Apple page.

            Regards,
            Krzysztof
          • Roger D. Williams
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 14, 2006
              I noticed that the download including i-Tunes is now over 40MB

              I chose the alternative which was "only" 18MB.

              I now have the player installed. I hope that has automatically taken
              care of the installation of plug-ins... (Opera and Firefox)

              Hmm. To answer my own question, YES for Firefox. Just checked it. Ah,
              and Opera too. So it has acquired a little intelligence in its latest
              incarnation.

              Roger

              On Thu, 14 Sep 2006 19:31:25 +0900, Krzysztof <blok34c@...> wrote:

              > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Thomas Rauscher <yahoo@...> wrote:
              >>
              >> Hello Krzysztof,
              >>
              >> AAAAAAAARRRGGGGGHHHHH. Can't tell how mad I am.
              >>
              >> MfG,
              >> Thomas.
              >
              > Sorry Thomas... But my mail was just a quotation from Apple page.
              >
              > Regards,
              > Krzysztof

            • Mark D. Fink
              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 14, 2006
                Hmmm, I thought only Microsoft made security holes like this. DevalVR just
                keeps looking better!

                Mark
                www.pinnacle-vr.com
                www.northernlight.net

              • Hans Nyberg
                Message 7 of 8 , Sep 14, 2006
                  --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Mark D. Fink" <markdfink@...> wrote:

                  > Hmmm, I thought only Microsoft made security holes like this. DevalVR just
                  > keeps looking better!

                  Well the same article that points this out also says

                  http://searchsecurity.techtarget.com/originalContent/0,289142,sid14_gci1215411,00.html

                  Meanwhile, Adobe said in an advisory that Flash Player is susceptible to multiple remote code
                  execution vulnerabilities because the application "fails to properly bounds check user-
                  supplied input before copying it into insufficiently-sized memory buffers.

                  Hans
                  www.panoramas.dk
                • Andrew Nemeth
                  Message 8 of 8 , Sep 14, 2006
                    On 14 Sep 2006, at 17:40, "Thomas Rauscher" wrote:

                    > And it breaks all embedded Flash tracks for security reasons.
                    > So no more SpinControl, no embedded sound players, no maps, you name
                    > it.

                    Thankfully this only applies to FLASH tracks.

                    QuickTime sprite tracks continue to work fine (at least in Mac OS X!).

                    For example all the embedded sound tracks in my QTVRs still load and
                    play as
                    per normal with the new v7.13.

                    Regds,

                    Andrew N.