Re: [PanoToolsNG] Object VR

  • Andrew Crawford
    Message 1 of 20 , Nov 3, 2008
      Keith Martin wrote:
      > You'll need to experiment with the lights, as you may find you get
      > flare from the packaging in certain angles. And you'll need to think
      > how you're going to handle the base and background as they appear in
      > the shots. Some Photoshop work is likely to be involved, but remember
      > that you'd have to repeat it accurately across most or all shots.

      A light tent and/or diffusers may help some with this.

      Andrew Crawford
    • Jim Watters
      Message 2 of 20 , Nov 7, 2011
        Is there any advantage to display object VR images in a anamorphosis projection
        that requires a mirror to view them besides giving the user a physical object to
        manipulate instead of the touch screen?
        http://www.diginfo.tv/2011/10/28/11-0221-r-en.php

        The size of the image in the mirror ends up being 1/16 the size if it was
        displayed normally on the touch screen itself.

        --
        Jim Watters
        http://photocreations.ca
        Message 3 of 20 , Nov 7, 2011

          It appears to be a great example of Chindogu to me.

          Sacha Griffin

          http://www.seeit360.com

          http://twitter.com/SeeIt360

          http://www.facebook.com/SeeIt360

          EMAIL: sachagriffin@...

          IM: sachagriffin007@...

          Office: 404-551-4275

          Message 4 of 20 , Nov 7, 2011
            It gets you write ups in blogs all over the world.

            Matt Smith
            PhotoSpherix
            317.396.5791
            Indianapolis, Indiana USA

            On Nov 7, 2011, at 1:02 PM, Jim Watters wrote:

            Is there any advantage to display object VR images in a anamorphosis projection
            that requires a mirror to view them besides giving the user a physical object to
            manipulate instead of the touch screen?
            http://www.diginfo.tv/2011/10/28/11-0221-r-en.php

            The size of the image in the mirror ends up being 1/16 the size if it was
            displayed normally on the touch screen itself.

            --
            Jim Watters
            http://photocreations.ca

            <*> Your email settings: