Re: [PanoToolsNG] Object VR

  • paul womack
    Message 1 of 20 , Nov 3, 2008
      Keith Martin wrote:
      > You'll need to experiment with the lights, as you may find you get
      > flare from the packaging in certain angles.

      HDR might be an easy approach, or at least
      easier than the alternatives

      BugBear
    • Andrew Crawford
      Message 2 of 20 , Nov 3, 2008
        Keith Martin wrote:
        > You'll need to experiment with the lights, as you may find you get
        > flare from the packaging in certain angles. And you'll need to think
        > how you're going to handle the base and background as they appear in
        > the shots. Some Photoshop work is likely to be involved, but remember
        > that you'd have to repeat it accurately across most or all shots.

        A light tent and/or diffusers may help some with this.

        Andrew Crawford
      • Jim Watters
        Message 3 of 20 , Nov 7, 2011
          Is there any advantage to display object VR images in a anamorphosis projection
          that requires a mirror to view them besides giving the user a physical object to
          manipulate instead of the touch screen?
          http://www.diginfo.tv/2011/10/28/11-0221-r-en.php

          The size of the image in the mirror ends up being 1/16 the size if it was
          displayed normally on the touch screen itself.

          --
          Jim Watters
          http://photocreations.ca
          Message 4 of 20 , Nov 7, 2011

            It appears to be a great example of Chindogu to me.

            Sacha Griffin

            http://www.seeit360.com

            http://twitter.com/SeeIt360

            http://www.facebook.com/SeeIt360

            EMAIL: sachagriffin@...

            IM: sachagriffin007@...

            Office: 404-551-4275

            Message 5 of 20 , Nov 7, 2011
              It gets you write ups in blogs all over the world.

              Matt Smith
              PhotoSpherix
              317.396.5791
              Indianapolis, Indiana USA

              On Nov 7, 2011, at 1:02 PM, Jim Watters wrote:

              Is there any advantage to display object VR images in a anamorphosis projection
              that requires a mirror to view them besides giving the user a physical object to
              manipulate instead of the touch screen?
              http://www.diginfo.tv/2011/10/28/11-0221-r-en.php

              The size of the image in the mirror ends up being 1/16 the size if it was
              displayed normally on the touch screen itself.

              --
              Jim Watters
              http://photocreations.ca

              <*> Your email settings: