Re: 360 video fot the web? What about web viewers?

  • fierodeval
    Message 1 of 26 , Sep 13, 2006
      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Bjørn K Nilssen <bk@...> wrote:
      > The only thing that prevents it from being the number one pano
      viewer on the net is the
      > lack of support for other OS' than Windows. Can we hope that there
      will be a Mac (and
      > Linux?) version some time soon?

      Yes, my plan is to create a Mac version (and Linux, very similar). But
      first I will add hardware rendering, because it's necessary for these
      OS. I'm a beginner programmer in Mac and Linux, so I don't know how
      much time will take me this work...

      > Is/will it possible to embed directional sound? If so, is this
      defined in the html code or embedded in the movie?

      No yet, sorry.

      > Is it correct that if the dimensions of the video was in a 2:1 ratio
      > then it would shown as full spherical?

      Yes, if SWF file has 2:1 ratio then it's showed as spherical.

      > Besides flash movie format what other movie formats does DevalVR
      support?

      I will add AVI support in some weeks, because I need this feature for
      a project, but by now, only SWF.
      Flash files are not supported directly, Flash plugin is required,
      because the viewer use a HTML page to load flash content.

      best regards!
      fiero