Re: [PanoToolsNG] Object VR

  • crane@ukonline.co.uk
    Message 1 of 20 , Nov 1, 2008
      Quoting Keith Martin <keith@...>:

      > Sometime around 31/10/08 (at 10:51 -0700) gabriel s said:
      >
      > >It's a single row, for a medication bottle and it's packaging. Has
      > >to be high quality.I've got the rig, panohead, lights. Don't know
      > >what to quote.
      >
      > You don't need a panohead for this, you need a rotating turntable
      > that can be turned to specific points, for example in 10 degree
      > steps. With the right equipment (i.e. a proper VR Object turntable)
      > or a carefully-built home-made equivalent, this shouldn't be a
      > terribly difficult task.

      http://www.panagito.com/MISC/cat.html

      for glass bottom lighting is nice. so I made a hole in a piece of transluscent
      plastic and a disc that fitted the hole.
      Robert is your mother's brother

      mick

    • paul womack
      Message 2 of 20 , Nov 3, 2008
        Keith Martin wrote:
        > You'll need to experiment with the lights, as you may find you get
        > flare from the packaging in certain angles.

        HDR might be an easy approach, or at least
        easier than the alternatives

        BugBear
      • Andrew Crawford
        Message 3 of 20 , Nov 3, 2008
          Keith Martin wrote:
          > You'll need to experiment with the lights, as you may find you get
          > flare from the packaging in certain angles. And you'll need to think
          > how you're going to handle the base and background as they appear in
          > the shots. Some Photoshop work is likely to be involved, but remember
          > that you'd have to repeat it accurately across most or all shots.

          A light tent and/or diffusers may help some with this.

          Andrew Crawford
        • Jim Watters
          Message 4 of 20 , Nov 7, 2011
            Is there any advantage to display object VR images in a anamorphosis projection
            that requires a mirror to view them besides giving the user a physical object to
            manipulate instead of the touch screen?
            http://www.diginfo.tv/2011/10/28/11-0221-r-en.php

            The size of the image in the mirror ends up being 1/16 the size if it was
            displayed normally on the touch screen itself.

            --
            Jim Watters
            http://photocreations.ca
            Message 5 of 20 , Nov 7, 2011

              It appears to be a great example of Chindogu to me.

              Sacha Griffin

              http://www.seeit360.com

              http://twitter.com/SeeIt360

              http://www.facebook.com/SeeIt360

              EMAIL: sachagriffin@...

              IM: sachagriffin007@...

              Office: 404-551-4275

              Message 6 of 20 , Nov 7, 2011
                It gets you write ups in blogs all over the world.

                Matt Smith
                PhotoSpherix
                317.396.5791
                Indianapolis, Indiana USA

                On Nov 7, 2011, at 1:02 PM, Jim Watters wrote:

                Is there any advantage to display object VR images in a anamorphosis projection
                that requires a mirror to view them besides giving the user a physical object to
                manipulate instead of the touch screen?
                http://www.diginfo.tv/2011/10/28/11-0221-r-en.php

                The size of the image in the mirror ends up being 1/16 the size if it was
                displayed normally on the touch screen itself.

                --
                Jim Watters
                http://photocreations.ca

                <*> Your email settings: