Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Mast Panoramas

  • Willy Kaemena
    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 31, 2008
      Don't worry about any " precision" even a sway ( out of nodal) of
      30cm wouldn't do any harm on that distance above ground.

      Willy

      Willy Kaemena

      http://bremen.360cities.net/
      http://syria.360cities.net/
      http://lisbon.360cities.net/

    • AYRTON
      Message 2 of 14 , Oct 31, 2008
        Petethis one was made around 9 meters high, inside a Shopping Mall :

        <http://ayrton.com/360/fs/rdbaltonatalfla.html>

        I just add the logo on my nadir because it's a way to always get new Clients
        calling me !

        I charge 40% more if the Client wants it out, I mean, having a complete
        nadir there.

        They always choose to go with my logo, and pay 40% LESS saving money :-)

        Best
        AYRTON

        ------------
        | A Y R |
        | T O N |
        ------------

        + 55 21 9982 6313

        http://ayrton360.com
        http://rio.360cities.net
        http://vrfolio.com
        http://ayrton.com

      • crane@ukonline.co.uk
        Message 3 of 14 , Oct 31, 2008
          Quoting sphereworks <sphereworkspete@...>:

          > It's quite likly that the nadir will be trees so might be fairly
          > simple to clone it.

          I would photograph a nest with eggs and drop that in in that case ;-)

          mick

        • sphereworks
          Message 4 of 14 , Oct 31, 2008
            Yes.... a golden eagle !!

            Pete
            www.sphereworks.co.uk

            --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, crane@... wrote:

            > Quoting sphereworks <sphereworkspete@...>:
            >
            > > It's quite likly that the nadir will be trees so might be fairly
            > > simple to clone it.
            >
            > I would photograph a nest with eggs and drop that in in that case ;-
            )

            > mick

          • erik leeman
            Message 5 of 14 , Oct 31, 2008
              <sphereworkspete@...> wrote:

              > Hi,
              >
              > We've got a commision to take a 10m high pano, could anyone give me
              > some advice or tips on how to take a pano on a mast 10m up? We've
              > found a large photography mast to hire. What's the best way of
              > shooting the ground?
              >

              > Cheers,
              >
              > Pete
              > www.sphereworks.co.uk

              It depends on what type of mast you'll be using and how you are going
              to keep it upright.
              If it's attached to a vehicle, like most larger types of masts are,
              you'll have to move the car a bit and take an offset shot just like
              you would with a tripod. That will give parallax problems with
              non-flat surfaces.
              If it's a hand-held type, like the pneumatic Clark mast I use myself,
              you can make near perfect nadirs by tilting the camera down for just
              two extra opposing shots after you've made the 360 series. This means
              lowering the camera, adjusting the panohead, and extending the mast
              again to take those nadir shots. Just stay behind the mast by rotating
              with it, so you get two shots like this one:
              <http://flickr.com/photos/erik-nl/2813650292/>
              Paint an alpha mask over the mast in Photoshop and use them in PTGui
              (or your tool of choise) to fill the nadir hole. By taking two
              opposing shots you will have all the material you need, AND it will be
              parallax free!
              Oh, and I do not agree with Willy that 30cm sway doesn't matter, it
              does if you want a really good nadir. I try NOT to use the cloning
              tool, and I think it shows. .... ehhh, make that I *hope* it shows :)

              Good luck with your project!

              Erik Leeman

              http://www.erikleeman.com/
              Message 6 of 14 , Oct 31, 2008
                Quoting sphereworks <sphereworkspete@...>:

                > Yes.... a golden eagle !!
                I'm not going to say any more or i will give away a decent idea =0)

                mick