[PanoToolsNG] Re: Cube converter issues & recommendatio

  • Keith Martin
    Message 1 of 38 , Oct 31, 2008
      Sometime around 30/10/08 (at 13:30 +0000) Hans Nyberg said:

      >You also say you use 1750x1750 cubefaces,
      >Reduce it to 1500x1500.

      I agree. Masten, the TIFF you posted is 6000x3000, so the ideal size
      is even slightly smaller than that.

      I just tried making a mov and a set of cubefaces from your TIFF
      image. I took the liberty of patching the zenith and nadir (sorry,
      force of habit! :-) although I didn't labour over this. I used
      Pano2VR to make both the QTVR and cubefaces at 1500px, with JPEG
      quality at 60% - more than I normally use, but this helps with the
      plain walls and delicate shading.

      The results came in at just over 930KB. You can see the mov at
      http://www.panoramaphotographer.com/bar.mov and download the
      cubefaces from http://www.panoramaphotographer.com/bar.zip

      If you're a Windows user then Pano2VR is probably one of the best
      modern solutions for creating your cubefaces. Don't generate faces
      larger than your input image can deliver, and treat the compression
      for each image as a separate case. You'll find that many will work
      fine with a particular compression level, but don't assume that all
      will.

    • Keith Martin
      Message 38 of 38 , Oct 31, 2008