Re: Drawing panoramic perspectives by hand

  • robert_harshman
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 29, 2008

      > PS, what happened to the "You fotograph the bean, and we sue your
      ass to the
      > middle ages!" ?
      >
      > Sacha Griffin

      Hi Sacha,

      public opinion does sometimes work to change things. when the park the
      bean is in first open if you looked like a professional, smelled like
      a professional and acted like a professional photographer and did not
      have a $325.00 permit good for one day/time you got kicked out of the
      park or at least told not to take any photo's. I got kicked out three
      times over a 3 month period, one guard even told me they had been
      watching me and sure enough I went back to an older Vr I had shot and
      the guard was in it, watching me.

      Anyway, the public outcry from the arts community was lough and strong
      enough to get the city (in chicago right now that means mayor) to
      change it's policy and back off the full enforcement of the park
      district rules. So, you can now walk around the bean and the rest of
      the park with a tripod and not get kicked out. If you want to do a
      fashion shoot, or wedding shoot and anything thats actually
      disruptive, then you still need a permit.

      Regards,

      Robert Harshman