Playboy Mansion Tour

  • Robert Fisher
    Message 1 of 19 , Oct 27, 2008
      Hi everyone
      I finished a VR tour of the Playboy mansion in Los Angeles about a
      month ago and it was posted last week. It was sponsored by Jameson's
      Irish Whiskey so that took a while for them to get sorted out. Anyway
      check it out. We hope to shoot the rest of the mansion after the
      first of the year, not doing much due to the financial meltdown right
      now.

      http://playboy.com/worldofplayboy/features/mansion-virtual-tour/
      index.html

      Cheers
      Robert Fisher
      VR Photography / Cinematography

    • Paul Fretheim
      Message 2 of 19 , Oct 27, 2008
        No offense Robert, but the Whiskey company is way off base to have a
        tour of the Playboy Mansion with no models or girls or whatever they
        call them in the pictures. I suggest they have more girls and fewer red
        circles in the rest of the shoot.

        Paul Fretheim
      • AYRTON
        Message 3 of 19 , Oct 27, 2008
          On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 6:16 PM, Paul Fretheim <paul@...> wrote:

          > No offense Robert, but the Whiskey company is way off base to have a
          > tour of the Playboy Mansion with no models or girls or whatever they
          > call them in the pictures. I suggest they have more girls and fewer red
          > circles in the rest of the shoot.

          You can easily turn *off* the red circles on the pano ...
          just click on the right button !

          btw: nice job Robert
          I wish I had shoot it :-)
          I'm jeaulous.
          Well I think most of the guys would too.
          Congratulations my friend.

          best
          AYRTON

          > Paul Fretheim

          ------------
          | A Y R |
          | T O N |
          ------------

          + 55 21 9982 6313

          http://ayrton360.com
          http://rio.360cities.net
          http://vrfolio.com
          http://ayrton.com

        • crane@ukonline.co.uk
          Message 4 of 19 , Oct 27, 2008
            Quoting Robert Fisher <bob@...>:

            > Hi everyone
            > I finished a VR tour of the Playboy mansion in Los Angeles about a
            > month ago and it was posted last week. It was sponsored by Jameson's
            > Irish Whiskey so that took a while for them to get sorted out. Anyway
            > check it out. We hope to shoot the rest of the mansion after the
            > first of the year, not doing much due to the financial meltdown right
            > now.
            >
            > http://playboy.com/worldofplayboy/features/mansion-virtual-tour/
            > index.html

            there is definately not enough naked women on the interweb.

            mick
            > Cheers
            > Robert Fisher
            > VR Photography / Cinematography

          • Matt Smith
            Message 5 of 19 , Oct 27, 2008
              All my hopes were dashed when I went to the link. I was ready for a
              replay of ..... wait....... "PANO PORN"! But alas it was only a view
              of the house.

              :)

              On Oct 27, 2008, at 4:45 PM, crane@... wrote:

              > Quoting Robert Fisher <bob@...>:
              >
              >> Hi everyone
              >> I finished a VR tour of the Playboy mansion in Los Angeles about a
              >> month ago and it was posted last week. It was sponsored by Jameson's
              >> Irish Whiskey so that took a while for them to get sorted out. Anyway
              >> check it out. We hope to shoot the rest of the mansion after the
              >> first of the year, not doing much due to the financial meltdown right
              >> now.
              >>
              >> http://playboy.com/worldofplayboy/features/mansion-virtual-tour/
              >> index.html
              >
              > there is definately not enough naked women on the interweb.
              >
              > mick
              >> Cheers
              >> Robert Fisher
              >> VR Photography / Cinematography

              This message was checked by MailScan for WorkgroupMail.
              www.workgroupmail.com
            • Robert Fisher
              Message 6 of 19 , Oct 27, 2008
                I tried believe me, I would rather have seen lots of girls, scantily
                clad of course!

                On Oct 27, 2008, at 1:16 PM, Paul Fretheim wrote:

                > No offense Robert, but the Whiskey company is way off base to have a
                > tour of the Playboy Mansion with no models or girls or whatever they
                >

                > call them in the pictures. I suggest they have more girls and fewer
                > red
                > circles in the rest of the shoot.
                >
                > Paul Fretheim

                Cheers
                Robert Fisher
                VR Photography / Cinematography

              • Sacha Griffin
                Message 7 of 19 , Oct 27, 2008
                  AYRTON,

                  Could you explain where to find the button to turn on the girls please?

                  Not a bad tour, I rather liked all the informational spots. Great tour, but
                  yet, somehow I still ended up disappointed..

                  Mmm where was that button?

                  Didn't playboy used to be one of the big purveyors of quicktime video? Good
                  to see fpp on a major site.

                  I think there should be a list for the last online-users of quicktime.

                  Sacha Griffin

                  Southern Digital Solutions LLC

                  http://www.southern-digital.com

                  http://www.seeit360.net

                  404-551-4275

                  > No offense Robert, but the Whiskey company is way off base to have a
                  > tour of the Playboy Mansion with no models or girls or whatever they
                  > call them in the pictures. I suggest they have more girls and fewer red
                  > circles in the rest of the shoot.

                  You can easily turn *off* the red circles on the pano ...
                  just click on the right button !

                  btw: nice job Robert
                  I wish I had shoot it :-)
                  I'm jeaulous.
                  Well I think most of the guys would too.
                  Congratulations my friend.

                  best
                  AYRTON

                  > Paul Fretheim

                  ------------
                  | A Y R |
                  | T O N |
                  ------------

                  + 55 21 9982 6313

                  http://ayrton360.com
                  http://rio.360cities.net
                  http://vrfolio.com
                  http://ayrton.com

                • Robert Fisher
                  Message 8 of 19 , Oct 27, 2008
                    But you get to shoot all of those hot beach bunnies in Rio, right! I
                    get an empty mansion!

                    Message 9 of 19 , Oct 27, 2008
                      On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 7:06 PM, Sacha Griffin <
                      sachagriffin@...> wrote:

                      > AYRTON,
                      >
                      > Could you explain where to find the button to turn on the girls please?

                      No Sacha the button is to turn OF the red circles :-)

                      > Not a bad tour, I rather liked all the informational spots. Great tour, but
                      > yet, somehow I still ended up disappointed..
                      > Mmm where was that button?
                      > Didn't playboy used to be one of the big purveyors of quicktime video? Good
                      > to see fpp on a major site.
                      > I think there should be a list for the last online-users of quicktime.

                      :-)
                      you, probably, in another life was working at the QT Dept, and got fired ...
                      :-)
                      So, on this actual life ... you HATE QT and don't even know why :-)

                      One day if we sit together to drink an orange juice (I don't drink beer)
                      Than we'll discuss it better :-)

                      best
                      AYRTON

                      > Sacha Griffin
                      >
                      > Southern Digital Solutions LLC
                      >
                      > http://www.southern-digital.com
                      >
                      > http://www.seeit360.net
                      >
                      > 404-551-4275

                      ------------
                      | A Y R |
                      | T O N |
                      ------------

                      + 55 21 9982 6313

                      http://ayrton360.com
                      http://rio.360cities.net
                      http://vrfolio.com
                      http://ayrton.com

                    • Robert Fisher
                      Message 10 of 19 , Oct 27, 2008
                        Problem is you really can't do those bubbles any more in QT. Too many
                        restrictions and not enough support. Playboy would rather use QT but
                        they also use a ton of Flash and for what they wanted this was the
                        way to it. I would have loved to set this up in PanoSalado but there
                        wasn't any time for me to learn what I needed and for someone else to
                        do the code was crazy. Playboy drove me nuts with the daily changes
                        up until I delivered and then they made more changes after that. The
                        designer, for Playboy.com, loved FPP since he could do so much
                        without having to go into Flash.

                        On Oct 27, 2008, at 2:06 PM, Sacha Griffin wrote:

                        > AYRTON,
                        >
                        > Could you explain where to find the button to turn on the girls
                        > please?
                        >
                        > Not a bad tour, I rather liked all the informational spots. Great
                        > tour, but
                        > yet, somehow I still ended up disappointed..
                        >
                        > Mmm where was that button?
                        >
                        > Didn't playboy used to be one of the big purveyors of quicktime
                        > video? Good
                        > to see fpp on a major site.
                        >
                        > I think there should be a list for the last online-users of quicktime.
                        >
                        > Sacha Griffin
                        >
                        > Southern Digital Solutions LLC
                        >
                        > http://www.southern-digital.com
                        >
                        > http://www.seeit360.net
                        >
                        > 404-551-4275

                        Cheers
                        Robert Fisher
                        VR Photography / Cinematography

                      • Roger Howard
                        Message 11 of 19 , Oct 27, 2008
                          On Mon, October 27, 2008 12:37 pm, Robert Fisher wrote:
                          > Hi everyone
                          > I finished a VR tour of the Playboy mansion in Los Angeles about a
                          > month ago and it was posted last week. It was sponsored by Jameson's
                          > Irish Whiskey so that took a while for them to get sorted out. Anyway
                          > check it out. We hope to shoot the rest of the mansion after the
                          > first of the year, not doing much due to the financial meltdown right
                          > now.
                          >
                          > http://playboy.com/worldofplayboy/features/mansion-virtual-tour/
                          > index.html

                          Awesome! Makes me wonder (at times) why I left... then I read about the
                          meltdown and it all comes back to me!

                          Great stuff :)

                          -R
                        • John Riley
                          Message 12 of 19 , Oct 27, 2008
                            Next time, insist on some bunnies to keep it from looking so
                            sterile! I did want to comment on a user interface bug. It is
                            possible to have the hotspot tips appear right over the hotspot.
                            This results in a horrible flicker: tip appears; hotspot blocked now
                            so tip disappears; cursor over hotspot again, so tip back on; repeat
                            until you pan away or mouse off. A couple of lines of code in the
                            xml should fix this.

                            If you need anyone to help you out on the future shooting at the
                            mansion, I am sure we would have volunteers willing to work cheap!
                            Especially if the bunnies are going to be there 8-)

                            John

                            John Riley
                            johnriley@...
                            jriley@...

                            Message 13 of 19 , Oct 27, 2008
                              John I have been told this is a bug in FPP/Flash. If you move the
                              hotspots around so they don't do that then if the user has tilted to
                              a different position then it still does the same thing but in a
                              different place. If there is a way to prevent this then please let me
                              know so I can fix it.

                              As for the bunnies, I really really tried to get them to use bunnies
                              but to no avail. All of the panos would look so much better with
                              people, bunnies.

                              On Oct 27, 2008, at 5:01 PM, John Riley wrote:

                              > Next time, insist on some bunnies to keep it from looking so
                              > sterile! I did want to comment on a user interface bug. It is
                              > possible to have the hotspot tips appear right over the hotspot.
                              > This results in a horrible flicker: tip appears; hotspot blocked now
                              > so tip disappears; cursor over hotspot again, so tip back on; repeat
                              > until you pan away or mouse off. A couple of lines of code in the
                              > xml should fix this.
                              >
                              > If you need anyone to help you out on the future shooting at the
                              > mansion, I am sure we would have volunteers willing to work cheap!
                              > Especially if the bunnies are going to be there 8-)
                              >
                              > John
                              >
                              > John Riley
                              > johnriley@...
                              > jriley@...

                              Cheers
                              Robert Fisher
                              VR Photography / Cinematography

                            • Hans Nyberg
                              Message 14 of 19 , Oct 28, 2008
                                --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Robert Fisher <bob@...> wrote:

                                > John I have been told this is a bug in FPP/Flash. If you move the
                                > hotspots around so they don't do that then if the user has tilted to
                                > a different position then it still does the same thing but in a
                                > different place. If there is a way to prevent this then please let me
                                > know so I can fix it.

                                Bug in FPP? Who told you that. This is just FPP Basics
                                The problem is easy fixed. You have no depth assigned to the infoscreens.

                                Depth can be positive or negative. Your hotspots are depth="1"
                                Just assign all infoscreens depth="-1" and problem should be solved.

                                Here is a test for you.
                                http://www.panoramas.dk/photokina/2008/testflash/

                                Hans
                              • Hans Nyberg
                                Message 15 of 19 , Oct 28, 2008

                                  > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Robert Fisher <bob@> wrote:
                                  > >
                                  > > John I have been told this is a bug in FPP/Flash. If you move the
                                  > > hotspots around so they don't do that then if the user has tilted to
                                  > > a different position then it still does the same thing but in a
                                  > > different place. If there is a way to prevent this then please let me
                                  > > know so I can fix it.
                                  >
                                  > Bug in FPP? Who told you that. This is just FPP Basics
                                  > The problem is easy fixed. You have no depth assigned to the infoscreens.
                                  >
                                  > Depth can be positive or negative. Your hotspots are depth="1"
                                  > Just assign all infoscreens depth="-1" and problem should be solved.
                                  >
                                  > Here is a test for you.
                                  > http://www.panoramas.dk/photokina/2008/testflash/

                                  And for you who need bunnies. They are in Number 26 and 17

                                  Hans
                                • Robert Fisher
                                  Message 16 of 19 , Oct 28, 2008
                                    Hi Hans
                                    That does fix the problem but now the hotspot obscures the
                                    infoscreen. Is there a way to hide the visible hotspot under the
                                    infoscreen image and not have the blinking thing happen?

                                    Message 17 of 19 , Oct 28, 2008
                                      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Robert Fisher <bob@...> wrote:

                                      > Hi Hans
                                      > That does fix the problem but now the hotspot obscures the
                                      > infoscreen. Is there a way to hide the visible hotspot under the
                                      > infoscreen image and not have the blinking thing happen?

                                      No the whole idea with depth is that you layer it above the infoscreen.

                                      Hans
                                    • Hans Nyberg
                                      Message 18 of 19 , Oct 28, 2008
                                        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Robert Fisher <bob@...> wrote:

                                        > Hi Hans
                                        > That does fix the problem but now the hotspot obscures the
                                        > infoscreen. Is there a way to hide the visible hotspot under the
                                        > infoscreen image and not have the blinking thing happen?

                                        Ok I added another function which might help
                                        http://www.panoramas.dk/photokina/2008/testflash/

                                        <box id="info1" pan="-62" tilt="4" distorted="0" url="info.png" depth="1"
                                        onOver="alpha=0.2;infoscreen1.visible=1"
                                        onOut="alpha=1;infoscreen1.visible=0"
                                        />

                                        This changes the hotspot to alpha 0.2 which still is visible but it does not obscure the text of
                                        the infoscreen.

                                        Hans
                                      • Ruwan Janapriya
                                        Message 19 of 19 , Oct 28, 2008