red slr coming november 13 ?

  • Jeffrey Martin
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 27, 2008
      http://www.engadget.com/2008/10/27/red-announcing-dsmc-dslr-replacement-on-november-13/

      i am really curious what this is going to be. but i'd be damn surprised if
      it's better than the 5d mk2 :-)

      Jeffrey Martin
      tel. +420 608 076 502 / skype jeffrey.s.martin

    • Matthew Rogers
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 27, 2008
        I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. Don't forget that Oakley is
        behind Red, and Oakley which generates the vast portion of it's
        profits from high-end military projects. So Red has both more money
        and access to better technology when compared to Nikon and Canons DSLR
        department.

        On 27 Oct 2008, at 15:55, Jeffrey Martin wrote:

        > http://www.engadget.com/2008/10/27/red-announcing-dsmc-dslr-replacement-on-november-13/
        >
        > i am really curious what this is going to be. but i'd be damn
        > surprised if
        > it's better than the 5d mk2 :-)
        >
        > Jeffrey Martin
        > www.360cities.net - The World in Virtual Reality
        > tel. +420 608 076 502 / skype jeffrey.s.martin

      • Robert Fisher
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 27, 2008
          Matt that's not really true. Jim Jannard sold his interest in Oakley
          last year, the sale was worth 2.1 Billion, to finance Red. Jannard
          had built Oakley over 20 years and was still the major shareholder
          when he sold it. Jannard has proved he is pretty savvy about finding
          an under served market and capitalizing on it. The new SLR could be
          interesting but it's taken a lot of time to make the Red One camera
          viable. It's just now becoming a stable platform for cinematography.
          There is no reason to believe that whatever form the slr takes that
          it will be available next month and be fully baked. Having said that
          I am interested in seeing what it may be, it could change the digital
          SLR industry, or not.

          Just my .02

          On Oct 27, 2008, at 9:02 AM, Matthew Rogers wrote:

          > I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. Don't forget that Oakley is
          > behind Red, and Oakley which generates the vast portion of it's
          > profits from high-end military projects. So Red has both more money
          > and access to better technology when compared to Nikon and Canons DSLR
          > department.

          Cheers
          Robert C. Fisher
          VR Photography / Cinematography

        • luca n vascon - IUAV -
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 27, 2008
            Is there a remotedslr pro mac alternative?
            Thnx for help!
          • Rodolpho Pajuaba
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 27, 2008
              Luca,
              I use EOS Utility+Lightroom combo, works fine for me. It´s easy, you
              tell Lightroom to watch a folder (in File>Auto Import>Auto Import
              Settings), and tell EOS Utility to download all the captures to this
              watched folder (little tutorial here
              http://www.bernskiold.com/tutorials/lightroom/tethered-shooting-using-lightroom/
              ). There is also a plugin that supposedly allows an easier operation,
              but I gave up on it, the combo I told above is easier when you set
              things properly.
              Regards,
              Rodolpho Pajuaba

              luca n vascon - IUAV - escreveu:
              > Is there a remotedslr pro mac alternative?
              > Thnx for help!
              >
              > ------------------------------------

            • ptgroup
              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 27, 2008
                I don´t know if this
                http://de.software.canon-europe.com/software/0029171.asp?model=

                is an alternative.
                You might already use it - I don´t know.
                Ciao
                Mike
                www.360de.de

                Message 7 of 9 , Oct 27, 2008
                  Luca,

                  I haven't tried it on a Canon, but many cameras can be controlled by
                  the ImageCapture application that comes with your mac (in roundabout
                  manner though). If you download the ImageCapture SDK, you can use an
                  included small application to test what features are controllable.
                  Then, you can build your own application to do what you want using
                  Xcode and the samples given in the SDK. I have done that with a
                  Nikon and a Fuji. You can even put in Applescript support.

                  http://developer.apple.com/sdk/

                  But it would be nicer if something already exists 8-)

                  John Riley
                  johnriley@...
                  jriley@...

                  On Oct 27, 2008, at 12:57 PM, luca n vascon - IUAV - wrote:

                  > Is there a remotedslr pro mac alternative?
                  > Thnx for help!

                • Daniel Reetz
                  Message 8 of 9 , Oct 27, 2008
                    For what it's worth, it's pretty clear that it's not going to be an SLR.

                    I am excited about this announcement and looking forward to what they
                    come up with.
                    DR

                    Message 9 of 9 , Oct 28, 2008
                      Thanx to everybody!!!
                      ç:-)

                      ptgroup ha scritto:

                      > I donŽt know if this
                      > http://de.software.canon-europe.com/software/0029171.asp?model=
                      > <http://de.software.canon-europe.com/software/0029171.asp?model=>
                      >
                      > is an alternative.
                      > You might already use it - I donŽt know.
                      > Ciao
                      > Mike
                      > www.360de.de

                      IUAV università degli studi, Venezia

                      Dr. Luca Vascon
                      tel . (+39) 041.2571262, e-mail vascon@...

                      laboratorio multimedia Facoltà di Design e Arti, DADI
                      Magazzino 7 ex Ligabue, Dorsoduro 1827 30123 Venezia