Re: [PanoToolsNG] Observation of a fireball event with fisheye lenses

  • crane@ukonline.co.uk
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 27, 2008
      Quoting michel thoby <thobymichel@...>:

      > http://aquarid.physics.uwo.ca/2008_oct15.htm
      >
      > UWO have used fisheyes one the way these lenses were originally
      > intended for: scientific observation of the whole sky. Shown here are
      > IMO some awesome movies and photographs.
      > These documents could have been also converted into panoramic VR: I
      > have done so with some of the stills but one could also do the same
      > with the video movies...
      sometime in the 1980's close to christmas I was walking through Ventnor on the
      Isle of wight at night. In front of me someone had turned their garage into a
      lit nativity scene with full size figures. In the sky directly above a bright
      orange, red meteor blazed slowly across the sky. It must have been quite large
      because it broke into several smaller pieces. Oh to have had a camera.

      regards

      mick