pano2qtvr cube converter issue

  • maston67
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 23, 2008
      Hi

      Im in process of converting to 'Flash'

      Ive been laboriously converting my equirectangular tif images into
      cube faces with dosup then individually saving them to jpegs
      with 'save for web' in photoshop (6)

      So now Ive just tried pano2qtvr to convert which works great except
      the jpg converter gives definitely less quality for the same file size
      (patchy areas in plain areas of the image at high compression settings)

      Are there any ways to fix this or what about other converters? Any
      recommendations?

      thanks

      Masten

      Masten Gregory
      www.virtutour.com
    • Hans Nyberg
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 27, 2008
        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "maston67" <masten7@...> wrote:

        > Im in process of converting to 'Flash'
        >
        > Ive been laboriously converting my equirectangular tif images into
        > cube faces with dosup then individually saving them to jpegs
        > with 'save for web' in photoshop (6)
        >
        > So now Ive just tried pano2qtvr to convert which works great except
        > the jpg converter gives definitely less quality for the same file size
        > (patchy areas in plain areas of the image at high compression settings)
        >
        > Are there any ways to fix this or what about other converters? Any
        > recommendations?

        Pano2QTVR should be able to do absolutelly same quality.

        I do not know what you mean with high compression but the compression scale in
        Pano2QVR and pano2VR is not the same as in Photoshop or other applications like
        CubicConverter on Mac.

        Pano2QTVR medium compression is 70 and thats the same as 50 in Photoshop Web save.
        You should not use more if you have large flat areas like a blue sky.

        Also check what interpolator you use in pano2QTVR.
        Michelle will produce a slight loss of sharpness. Lanzcoes 2 or 3 produce no loss.