location opf nodal point on canon S70

  • mogwai1952
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 13, 2006
      I want to be able to locate the position of the nodal point on the
      lens system of my canon S70 for various zoom settings.

      I am using the camera on a mast controlled by a computer with the
      "remote capture" software. Does anyone know how to set the zoom to a
      given focal length with the zoom slider? It seems a bit "hit and miss".

      Setting the nodal point over the axes of rotation of the camera is
      difficult since I do not know where it is.

      Thanks for any help.
      Regards,
      Christopher