Re: [PanoToolsNG] Flash 10 Flash Panoramas Now at panoramas.dk

  • Jim Watters
    Message 1 of 20 , Oct 20 8:37 PM
      The latest firmware update for the Sony Play Station 3 adds Adobe Flash
      9 to the web browser. Now Flash panoramas are displayed. No Java or
      QT. For the Flash panoramas click and drag is implemented (press and
      hold X then move the left joystick, or give the pano focus and use the
      left buttons). Although everything move much slower and with the Flash
      9 wavy line side effects.

      The browser has some quirks:
      Normally the browser does not take up the entire width of the screen (80
      to 90%). But it is virtually chromeless except for a narrow scroll bar
      to the right when needed. Opening a new window or tab causes the
      current window to slide to the left and the new one is placed in the
      center. Leaving 5 to 10% visible of the previous tab. There are a few
      browser settings that modify how things are displayed. And I am still
      experimenting with them. Trying to open more than one panorama in
      separate windows caused a message to be displayed about not enough
      memory to display all of the windows and choose a window to close.

      The buttons on the panos to go full frame do not work. I believe this
      is the browser taking control of how large the window is.
      I tried viewing just a handful of sites that used flash and Hans,
      panoramas.dk was the only one that displayed the panorama full screen
      when first displayed. But if I go back to a previous window/tab then
      back it will no longer be full screen.

      Hans, If you see a few PS3 showing up on your log today, at least some
      of them were mine.

      I do hope they update to version 10 of Flash. The PS3 would benefit with
      hardware acceleration.

      Jim Watters

      --
      Jim Watters