Re: [PanoToolsNG] HDR from hugin using enfuse and bracketing?

  • Bruno Postle
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 17 7:49 AM
      On Fri 17-Oct-2008 at 14:16 +0100, paul womack wrote:

      >http://hugin.sourceforge.net/tutorials/enfuse-360/en.shtml
      >
      >which appears to be the only tutorial for hdr under
      >hugin since the recent code changes.
      >
      >I realise that if (somehow...) hugin has all the control
      >points for a panorama of bracketed images, it will
      >(apparently) all work fine.
      >
      >I generate my HDR data by using bracketing
      >(thanks you CHDK) on a tripod mounted camera.
      >
      >As such, my bracketed sets are perfectly
      >registered.

      You can do this various ways:

      Stitch one exposure bracket into an entire panorama and use this
      project as a template to stich the other exposure layers, then
      enfuse these together manually.

      Link the roll, pitch and yaw for your brackets before optimising,
      this isn't fun, neither is pasting-in these parameters afterwards.

      Run a control point generator within hugin (autopano-sift-c,
      panomatic etc..), these should create control points between your
      brackets, sort-of.

      However I use match-n-shift with '-a -b' parameters as the control
      point generator. This uses autopano-sift-c for the 'normal'
      panorama alignment and align_image_stack for the stack alignment
      bit - This is a 'best of both' option and works very well for
      handheld bracketed panoramas too:

      http://search.cpan.org/dist/Panotools-Script/bin/match-n-shift

      Completely untested windows match-n-shift.exe here, I have no idea
      if this works, or what steps you need to go through to install it:

      http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=96188&package_id=293927

      --
      Bruno