Re: focus blending with enfuse: How?

    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 14, 2008
      Am Tuesday, October 14, 2008 um 8:49 schrieb Roger Howard:

      > On a similar note, it was suggested to use auto-alignment - but with focus
      > stacks, won't that be very difficult (by definition)... even though the images
      > may overlap almost 100%, the regions of detail will be quite different
      > (particularly when focus stacking is most useful). Whenever I've used focus
      > stacking, I made very sure to have my camera/tripod locked down tightly so I
      > didn't need to manually register the shots.

      That's true of course. However, if the depth of field of the images
      of a focus stack don't overlap you can't do focus blending. Hence
      there are always regions that are sharp in adjacent images that can
      be used by automatic alignment.

      An example was discussed on the hugin-ptx list some time ago:
      http://www.nabble.com/forum/ViewPost.jtp?post=15296055&framed=y

      best regards
      Offenburger Str. 33
      79108 Freiburg