Panotools and Photoshop actions

  • Fabio Bustamante
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 12, 2006
      Hello,

      I don't know if this has been discussed here before, but...

      I was trying to create some actions in Photoshop involving panotools
      (specially the adjust plugin), but it seems that the actions recorder
      can't change the plugin settings - it just runs the plugin with the last
      settings used.

      Is there a way to make the plugin 100% actions compatible?

      Thank you all,

      Fabio.
    • Hans Nyberg
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 12, 2006
        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Fabio Bustamante <contato@...> wrote:

        > Hello,
        >

        > I don't know if this has been discussed here before, but...
        >
        > I was trying to create some actions in Photoshop involving panotools
        > (specially the adjust plugin), but it seems that the actions recorder
        > can't change the plugin settings - it just runs the plugin with the last
        > settings used.
        >
        > Is there a way to make the plugin 100% actions compatible?

        Yes
        Use Mac and Kekus OSX panotools
        It has been updated for actions.

        Hans
      • Fabio Bustamante
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 12, 2006
          Hans,

          Your posts on the group solving users difficulties by telling them to
          get a Mac are extremely helpful. Keep it on!

          Despite that, no thanks - for me Macintosh is crap.

          Regards,

          Fabio.

          Hans Nyberg wrote:
          > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Fabio Bustamante <contato@...> wrote:
          >
          >> Hello,
          >>

          >> I don't know if this has been discussed here before, but...
          >>
          >> I was trying to create some actions in Photoshop involving panotools
          >> (specially the adjust plugin), but it seems that the actions recorder
          >> can't change the plugin settings - it just runs the plugin with the last
          >> settings used.
          >>
          >> Is there a way to make the plugin 100% actions compatible?
          >>

          > Yes
          > Use Mac and Kekus OSX panotools
          > It has been updated for actions.
          >
          > Hans

        • Hans Nyberg
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 12, 2006
            --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Fabio Bustamante <contato@...> wrote:

            > Your posts on the group solving users difficulties by telling them to
            > get a Mac are extremely helpful. Keep it on!
            >
            > Despite that, no thanks - for me Macintosh is crap.

            Well remember that a Mac is not just a Mac any more. Its a universal computer. Unfortunatelly
            a year in front of the software developers.
            And I agree sometimes Mac is crap just as any other computer.

            Besides that i just wanted to point out that the Photoshop Action/Panotools problem can be
            solved.
            I can not understand why it could not be solved on Windows panotools.
            As far as I know automation scripts can also be done in Windows.

            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 12, 2006
              On Tuesday, September 12, 2006 at 14:12, Hans Nyberg wrote:

              > Use Mac and Kekus OSX panotools
              > It has been updated for actions.

              Do actions made with those plugins store the plugin parameters or do
              they simply use the last parameters used (as it is the case for
              Thomas Niemann's version available from
              http://epaperpress.com/ptplugins/ ?

              best regards
              http://www.erik-krause.de/
            • Ian Wood
              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 12, 2006
                They use the settings used when recording the action.

                Ian

                On 12 Sep 2006, at 20:32, Erik Krause wrote:

                > On Tuesday, September 12, 2006 at 14:12, Hans Nyberg wrote:
                >
                >> Use Mac and Kekus OSX panotools
                >> It has been updated for actions.
                >
                > Do actions made with those plugins store the plugin parameters or do
                > they simply use the last parameters used (as it is the case for
                > Thomas Niemann's version available from
                > http://epaperpress.com/ptplugins/ ?
                >
                > best regards
                > --
                > Erik Krause
                > Resources, not only for panorama creation:
                > http://www.erik-krause.de/

              • Roger Howard
                Message 7 of 8 , Sep 12, 2006
                  On Tue, September 12, 2006 10:05 am, Fabio Bustamante wrote:
                  > Hans,
                  >
                  > Your posts on the group solving users difficulties by telling them to
                  > get a Mac are extremely helpful. Keep it on!
                  >
                  > Despite that, no thanks - for me Macintosh is crap.

                  Guys,

                  No platform debates, especially with rude overtones, are allowed here. Let
                  it go or take it outside.

                  Thanks,

                  Roger Howard, Moderator
                • Kevin Kratzke
                  Message 8 of 8 , Sep 12, 2006
                    Erik Krause wrote:

                    > Do actions made with those plugins store the plugin parameters or do
                    > they simply use the last parameters used (as it is the case for
                    > Thomas Niemann's version available from
                    > http://epaperpress.com/ptplugins/ ?

                    They record all the settings and not just the last parameters so you
                    can have different actions for different situations. Some users
                    with uber precise panorama heads even created Photoshop actions that
                    take a set of images and stitch a panorama directly in Photoshop.
                    Other users created an action using the Adjust plug-in to defish and
                    correct distortion in a single step.

                    Kevin