61 vr's added to my site

  • aiwetir
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 12, 2008
      hello all,

      i have finally finished processing my panos that i started shooting in
      mid-august.

      there were some pretty challenging lighting situations (for my
      equipment), and unfortunately some very harsh midday light too, i've
      done the best i can do for now, i will probably go back and re-process
      some of them eventually but i had to get them off my back as they say.

      they can all be browsed via this link:
      http://pdxvr.com/tours-new
      choose your preferred resolution and from there you can just use the
      'next' and 'previous' buttons on the top right of the page

      vr's of interest may include:

      this vr of redwood state and national parks
      http://pdxvr.com/vr-61-199-hi

      all redwood vr's http://pdxvr.com/tours-project-61

      vr's of san francisco california - chinatown and the haight-ashbury
      districts
      http://pdxvr.com/tours-project-63

      vr's from jt didgefest with performances by australian aboriginals
      jeremy donovan and lewis burns:
      http://pdxvr.com/tours-project-62

      there are a bunch of others too, but again, the best way see them all
      is to go to http://pdxvr.com/tours-new and click the next / previous
      buttons on the top right

      cheers
      michael medina
      http://pdxvr.com
      http://medina-photo.com

    • sphereworks
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 13, 2008
        I've had a little look through and really enjoyed viewing the
        images. Thanks for sharing them, the first one of damnation creek
        trail is supurb... spent a while looking at that one, quite
        magical !!

        Cheers,

        Pete
        www.sphereworks.co.uk

        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, aiwetir <aiwetir@...> wrote:

        > hello all,
        >
        > i have finally finished processing my panos that i started shooting
        in
        > mid-august.
        >
        > there were some pretty challenging lighting situations (for my
        > equipment), and unfortunately some very harsh midday light too,
        i've
        > done the best i can do for now, i will probably go back and re-
        process
        > some of them eventually but i had to get them off my back as they
        say.

        > they can all be browsed via this link:
        > http://pdxvr.com/tours-new
        > choose your preferred resolution and from there you can just use
        the
        > 'next' and 'previous' buttons on the top right of the page
        >
        > vr's of interest may include:
        >
        > this vr of redwood state and national parks
        > http://pdxvr.com/vr-61-199-hi
        >
        > all redwood vr's http://pdxvr.com/tours-project-61
        >

        > vr's of san francisco california - chinatown and the haight-
        ashbury
        > districts
        > http://pdxvr.com/tours-project-63
        >

        > vr's from jt didgefest with performances by australian aboriginals
        > jeremy donovan and lewis burns:
        > http://pdxvr.com/tours-project-62
        >
        > there are a bunch of others too, but again, the best way see them
        all
        > is to go to http://pdxvr.com/tours-new and click the next /
        previous
        > buttons on the top right
        >
        > cheers
        > michael medina
        > http://pdxvr.com
        > http://medina-photo.com

      • Blake Michaelson
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 13, 2008
          What a GREAT shot! (http://pdxvr.com/vr-61-199-high-new)

          Care to share your equipment / technique / post-processing?

          Great job,
          Blake

          On Sun, Oct 12, 2008 at 10:57 PM, aiwetir <aiwetir@...> wrote:

          > hello all,
          >
          > i have finally finished processing my panos that i started shooting in
          > mid-august.
          >
          > there were some pretty challenging lighting situations (for my
          > equipment), and unfortunately some very harsh midday light too, i've
          > done the best i can do for now, i will probably go back and re-process
          > some of them eventually but i had to get them off my back as they say.
          >
          > they can all be browsed via this link:
          > http://pdxvr.com/tours-new
          > choose your preferred resolution and from there you can just use the
          > 'next' and 'previous' buttons on the top right of the page
          >
          > vr's of interest may include:
          >
          > this vr of redwood state and national parks
          > http://pdxvr.com/vr-61-199-hi
          >
          > all redwood vr's http://pdxvr.com/tours-project-61
          >
          > vr's of san francisco california - chinatown and the haight-ashbury
          > districts
          > http://pdxvr.com/tours-project-63
          >
          > vr's from jt didgefest with performances by australian aboriginals
          > jeremy donovan and lewis burns:
          > http://pdxvr.com/tours-project-62
          >
          > there are a bunch of others too, but again, the best way see them all
          > is to go to http://pdxvr.com/tours-new and click the next / previous
          > buttons on the top right
          >
          > cheers
          > michael medina
          > http://pdxvr.com
          > http://medina-photo.com

        • aiwetir
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 13, 2008
            thanks blake, i sort of specialize in photography like this http://medina-photo.com/forests-trees-other-vegetation
            but have always struggled at the redwoods because i'm always trying
            to do something different. add that to the already nearly impossible
            task of photographing in the woods and i've walked away from the
            redwoods 5 times with NO photos to show for it. after shooting this,
            i'm thinking that maybe this is the best way to shoot the redwoods.
            the only part i regret is that i couldn't spend more time on the trail
            as one of our party was forced to turn us around to find a bathroom ;)

            i use a d70 (which i sorely need to upgrade), nodal ninja 3, ptgui,
            enfuse (bracketeer) although i probably didn't need them on this, i do
            it by habit. then in photoshop i tend to spend a lot of effort trying
            to get back a lot of the contrast that enfuse loses (which often makes
            me wonder why i enfuse then). i bracket 2 stops and shoot 3 shots
            typically somewhere in the -2.6, -.6, +1.3 range or -3, -1, 1
            depending on the light. as i stated before i sorely need an upgrade
            as 4 stops generally doesn't do it in bright midday sun with interiors
            or deep shadows but worked fine in this case.

            mmm
            On 13 Oct 2008, at 09:08, Blake Michaelson wrote:

            > What a GREAT shot! (http://pdxvr.com/vr-61-199-high-new)
            >
            > Care to share your equipment / technique / post-processing?
            >
            > Great job,
            > Blake
            >

            > On Sun, Oct 12, 2008 at 10:57 PM, aiwetir <aiwetir@...> wrote:
            >
            >> hello all,
            >>
            >> i have finally finished processing my panos that i started shooting
            >> in
            >> mid-august.
            >>
            >> there were some pretty challenging lighting situations (for my
            >> equipment), and unfortunately some very harsh midday light too, i've
            >> done the best i can do for now, i will probably go back and re-
            >> process
            >> some of them eventually but i had to get them off my back as they
            >> say.
            >>
            >> they can all be browsed via this link:
            >> http://pdxvr.com/tours-new
            >> choose your preferred resolution and from there you can just use the
            >> 'next' and 'previous' buttons on the top right of the page
            >>
            >> vr's of interest may include:
            >>
            >> this vr of redwood state and national parks
            >> http://pdxvr.com/vr-61-199-hi
            >>
            >> all redwood vr's http://pdxvr.com/tours-project-61
            >>
            >> vr's of san francisco california - chinatown and the haight-ashbury
            >> districts
            >> http://pdxvr.com/tours-project-63
            >>
            >> vr's from jt didgefest with performances by australian aboriginals
            >> jeremy donovan and lewis burns:
            >> http://pdxvr.com/tours-project-62
            >>
            >> there are a bunch of others too, but again, the best way see them all
            >> is to go to http://pdxvr.com/tours-new and click the next / previous
            >> buttons on the top right
            >>
            >> cheers
            >> michael medina
            >> http://pdxvr.com
            >> http://medina-photo.com

          • Rodolpho Pajuaba
            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 14, 2008
              Michael,
              You made me feel two things after I saw your panos: envy, because I did
              a similar trip early this year, and I miss all those places and I´d like
              to be there again; and lazy, because I did a LOT of panos during the
              entire trip, but still didn´t take the time to assemble (most of) them.
              Here´s one that was already stitched but I didn´t feel the will to
              publish - and your job made me do it ;-) :
              http://www.pajuaba.com.br/temp/sequoias_great_basin.html . It´s on the
              Great Basin National Park (thanks a lot for the directions of our friend
              Pat Swovelin, who told me about it and helped me more than I´ll ever be
              able to give back on this lovely trip). It was handheld, on my (now
              vintage ;-) ) Canon D60+Tokina 107.
              Regards,
              Rodolpho Pajuaba

              aiwetir escreveu:
              > hello all,
              >
              > i have finally finished processing my panos that i started shooting in
              > mid-august.
              >

              > vr's of interest may include:
              >
              > this vr of redwood state and national parks
              > http://pdxvr.com/vr-61-199-hi
              >
              > all redwood vr's http://pdxvr.com/tours-project-61
              >

              > cheers
              > michael medina
              > http://pdxvr.com
              > http://medina-photo.com

            • Rodolpho Pajuaba
              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 14, 2008
                Yes, I feel more inspired - I hope it does not go away ;-) . Anyway,
                Michael, I have to thank you. Pat Swovelin just corrected me, it´s Big
                Basin, not Great Basin. It´s the one that shows at Alfred Hitchcock´s
                Vertigo, James Stewart and Kim Novak talk in front a huge slice of one
                of the trees, just as we - me and my family - did this day. I´ll change
                the name, and when all the panos are ready I´ll send the link -
                hopefully ;-)
                Regarding YOUR pano, it´s *very* nice, very moody, very different of
                mine, congratulations.
                Regards,
                Rodolpho Pajuaba

                aiwetir escreveu:
                > i hope i made you feel more than just envious or lazy, maybe you could
                > say inspired.
                >
                > i do have some question about the file name though. sequoia usually
                > means giant sequoia or sequoiadendron gigantium and i think they only
                > grow on the western slopes of the sierra nevada range - i could be
                > wrong though. these have a similar look to an incense cedar, but i
                > think this is outside their range too. do you know if your 'caption'
                > is correct ?
                >
                > nice pano by the way ;)
                > mmm

              • aiwetir
                Message 7 of 8 , Oct 14, 2008

                  On 14 Oct 2008, at 11:28, Rodolpho Pajuaba wrote:

                  > Michael,
                  > You made me feel two things after I saw your panos: envy, because I
                  > did
                  > a similar trip early this year, and I miss all those places and I´d
                  > like
                  > to be there again; and lazy, because I did a LOT of panos during the
                  > entire trip, but still didn´t take the time to assemble (most of)
                  > them.
                  > Here´s one that was already stitched but I didn´t feel the will to
                  > publish - and your job made me do it ;-) :
                  > http://www.pajuaba.com.br/temp/sequoias_great_basin.html . It´s on
                  > the
                  > Great Basin National Park (thanks a lot for the directions of our
                  > friend
                  > Pat Swovelin, who told me about it and helped me more than I´ll
                  > ever be
                  > able to give back on this lovely trip). It was handheld, on my (now
                  > vintage ;-) ) Canon D60+Tokina 107.
                  > Regards,
                  > Rodolpho Pajuaba
                  >
                  > aiwetir escreveu:
                  >> hello all,
                  >>
                  >> i have finally finished processing my panos that i started shooting
                  >> in
                  >> mid-august.
                  >>

                  >> vr's of interest may include:
                  >>
                  >> this vr of redwood state and national parks
                  >> http://pdxvr.com/vr-61-199-hi
                  >>
                  >> all redwood vr's http://pdxvr.com/tours-project-61
                  >>

                  >> cheers
                  >> michael medina
                  >> http://pdxvr.com
                  >> http://medina-photo.com

                • aiwetir
                  Message 8 of 8 , Oct 14, 2008
                    thank you rodolpho, i look forward to seeing the rest

                    mmm