re: clens

  • Daniel M. German
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 12, 2006
      | 9. clens and TIFF's
      | Posted by: "Brian Puccio" brian@... brianmpuccio
      | Date: Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:28 pm (PDT)
      |
      | I've compiled clens on OSX, got that working with nona instead of
      | PTstitcher and wrote a script to get it all working nicely so I can
      | just right click an image and defish my fisheye pictures and end up
      | with a rectilinear image. However, clens doesn't seem to take any
      | other image format aside from jpeg. Does anyone know if there is a
      | reason why clens doesn't handle TIFF's? Its been a while since I've
      | programmer in C (read: high school 7 years ago), but I see the file
      | format input check in main.c, just not sure if there's a reason that
      | it can't handle TIFF's.

      I just checked the source code. It is a "feature" that it only
      supports JPEgs. it actually checks if the input file is a jpeg, but
      there is no reason why it would not work for TIFFs. It probably needs
      5-10 lines of code.

      BUt I remember correctly clens has been superseded by another tool,
      but I just can't remember what its name is. Can anybody help me here?

      --
      Daniel M. German "Give a man a password,
      he'll log in for a day.