Re: Auto-Rotation in QuickTime

  • Bernd
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 6, 2008
      Hi Pete,

      not with a code but you can patch the mov-file in
      QuickTime Pro with a free autoplay sprites/widget:
      http://homepage.mac.com/qt4web/sprites/items.html

      All the best
      Bernd
    • Keith Martin
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 6, 2008
        Sometime around 6/10/08 (at 15:39 +0000) Bernd said:

        >not with a code but you can patch the mov-file in
        >QuickTime Pro with a free autoplay sprites/widget

        Or use FPP (or another Flash player?) instead, with the QTVR .mov
        files set as the pano sources. It is pretty simple to set up an
        autorotate that way without having to edit any individual pano file -
        just tweak the XML text file and make sure the autopano.swf file is
        in the right folder.

        There are still things about QTVR that I really like. But frankly, if
        there are more than a handful of QTVRs to treat, this would probably
        be my first plan of attack.

      • Hans Nyberg
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 6, 2008
          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "sphereworks" <sphereworkspete@...> wrote:

          > Hi,
          >
          > Could anyone let me know if there is a way to add auto-rotation to a
          > QuickTime file with code?
          >
          > One of our clients has a number of non auto-rotating QT images that
          > they would like to auto-rotate. To do this in code would be a lot
          > easier for them rather than editing each image individually again.

          If you have access to a Mac adding autorotation is done in a couple of minutes.

          You can use the VRPrep script for it.
          After setting up the script for autorotation you just drop the folder with movies on it and it
          runs automatically
          http://panoramas.dk/quicktime/qtvr/16bit/index.html

          Hans
        • sphereworks
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 7, 2008
            Thank you Hans and everyone else who replied. Haven't got access to
            a mac, but might be able to arange something. I don't think FPP is
            an option as my client wants to use QuickTime.

            Best Wishes,

            Pete
            www.sphereworks.co.uk

            > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "sphereworks"
            <sphereworkspete@> wrote:

            > > Hi,
            > >
            > > Could anyone let me know if there is a way to add auto-rotation
            to a
            > > QuickTime file with code?
            > >
            > > One of our clients has a number of non auto-rotating QT images
            that
            > > they would like to auto-rotate. To do this in code would be a lot
            > > easier for them rather than editing each image individually again.
            > >

            > If you have access to a Mac adding autorotation is done in a couple
            of minutes.

            > You can use the VRPrep script for it.
            > After setting up the script for autorotation you just drop the
            folder with movies on it and it
            > runs automatically
            > http://panoramas.dk/quicktime/qtvr/16bit/index.html
            >
            > Hans

          • Hans Nyberg
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 7, 2008
              --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "sphereworks" <sphereworkspete@...> wrote:

              > Thank you Hans and everyone else who replied. Haven't got access to
              > a mac, but might be able to arange something. I don't think FPP is
              > an option as my client wants to use QuickTime.

              You can also create a droplet with Pano2VR but that means also recompressing the movie.
              You could just as well use your original panorama for source then.

              Hans
            • sphereworks
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 7, 2008
                Yes but that would take me time as there are many panos, I would have
                to charge for my time. They are looking for a simple solution for
                now. I have given them a quote for the work but as they are a good
                client of ours I wanted to give them a few options. If it was only a
                few images I would of done it for nout but we're talking upto 200 VR's.

                Pete
                www.sphereworks.co.uk