Re: historic panoramas of world cities

  • robert_harshman
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 2, 2008
      Thanks for posting this Peter, It's great to see these and take some
      time to think about how they were made, the challenges that faced the
      photographers and the decisions they made. Too bad the book
      presentation chops so many of these up and is so low res but I
      understand their concerns when you realize this is a catalogue
      selling the prints.

      I had the pleasure of seeing in person a 3-4 feet by 40 feet or so
      panoramic print of Chicago a few weeks after it's "Great" fire. It
      was re-made from a series of glass 8 by 10 negatives. It was amazing.

      As a group I think we could all spent a bit more time understanding
      those that came before us in this craft. There is a lot to learn from
      such an undertaking.

      Regards,

      Robert Harshman