Re: [PanoToolsNG] How to add the Zenith shot in PTGui?

  • Bjørn K Nilssen
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 11, 2006
      On 11 Sep 2006 at 19:53, Serge Maandag (yahoo) wrote:

      > > I've been shooting 4 images around with my fisheye lens without the
      > > zenith or nadir images. I've decided now, that I should learn how to
      > > add these shots when creating my pano in PTGui, but I'm not sure
      > > exactly how to do this. Do I simply add those files in addition to the
      > > four regular images when I create a new project? Or, do I add them
      > > seperately AFTER I've stitched the four images?
      >
      > If they're handheld, you're probably better off by not including them.
      > They could mess up the perfect alignment of the others.

      If I take zenith/nadir, which I only do if there's a lot of detail on the ground or
      foliage above, I usually just put them into the project along with the rest. Sometimes I
      need to give them individual shift parameters, which seems to help if it doesn't stitch
      right away. Sometimes I even have to stitch the 4 around first, uncheck all settings for
      them (as well as lens settings) and then sitch only nadir/zenith. It also helps to move
      them to the top of the list, so that they get behind the others when blended. Sometimes
      it's ncessary to output as blended + layers, and sometimes there no way around doing som
      ehand editing afterwards.
      --
      bk@... // Bjørn Kåre Nilssen http://bknilssen.no/
      Kristiansand, Norway