Re: Papervision 3D

  • Hans Nyberg
    Message 1 of 33 , Oct 2, 2008
      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "sphereworks" <sphereworkspete@...> wrote:

      > I've just had a look at http://panosalado.com, the image didn't run
      > as smooth as a lot of the new Flash images around, including the ones
      > I produce with Pano2VR. The smaller image on panosalado wasn't too
      > bad but when I went full screen it was jerky - though I will pass the
      > link on to my Flash friend to see what he thinks of it.
      >
      > 'Define slower computers.' - I suppose about 7-10 years old, I will
      > ask my friend to clarify that.
      > >
      > The Papervision 3D link I gave show's really bad distortions and
      > isn't a full sphere - I don't like it one bit and it's probably one
      > of the worst VR images I've seen. What I'm trying to find out is if
      > the image runs the same on an older computer as it does on a modern
      > computer. But I think someone else answered by saying Flash 10 will
      > improve this and should wait until that comes out fully?

      I doubt that flash 10 will in any way improve the performance on slower computers.
      When you do improvements in quality as we expect from Flash 10 we should expect the
      opposite.

      I have the Beta 10 installed on my old PowerBook and for the current versions of
      panorama viewers there is no difference.

      The Beta flash 10 viewer from KRPano performs very bad on it.

      I also do not think you should look at performance on slower than 1 gHz processors.
      And FPP KRPano and Pano2VR runs fine on them if you set the correct parameters.

      Forget about those with older computers. New computers come at prices so low that there
      is just waist of work to try and get the few people with real old computers included in your
      target.
      Look at CNN and many of the large news sites. Do they design their sites to be viewed on
      an old 400mHZ Pentium with 800x600 screen.
      No of course not, it is a pain seeing most of the internet on those computers.
      We have to look forward not backwards.

      Hans
    • AYRTON
      Message 33 of 33 , Oct 3, 2008
        On Fri, Oct 3, 2008 at 2:07 PM, Hans Nyberg <hans@...> wrote:

        > > I could see the cubes still loaded behind the cyls for example.
        >
        > Same here
        > Mac dual Core 2.0 G5 8 GB Ram OS 10.4.11 Safari
        >
        > 1st only BlackandWhite ? Intentional or a preview?
        > at No 3 it started to get very unresposible.
        > 4 Did not load. Just a blink of it.
        > 5 the QTVR Totally freezing after loaded. Jumped around a couple of times
        > by it self.

        Patrick, Hans, Sacha ....

        Here
        ALL is PERFECT
        no problem at all
        I've tried different times and different ways, and all worked fine !

        intel 2.33 ghz
        Core 2 Duo
        OS X 10.4.11
        QT 7.5.5